Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

convair

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by convair »

Airbus2016 wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 02:18 Is there already more information about oo-sni? When will he arrive? Where does he come from?
It was said earlier that it is serial number 1984, coming from Aer Lingus. No other info afaik.

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

convair wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 12:28 It was said earlier that it is serial number 1984, coming from Aer Lingus. No other info afaik.
1983* as MSN 1984 is an A321 active at Cathay Dragon. ;)

Oh, speaking about A321... Any news about the A321 project at SN?

mad_fab

Post by mad_fab »

*sorry my bad*

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Good evening,
G-ECOT is replacing G-ECOI on Brussels Airlines routes

Greetings,
Thibault
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

SNI is expected to join in June. She was not supposed to fly for Aer Lingus (commercially) as of March, but EI had a major technical problem with another aircraft, so they opted to fly her a bit longer than planned. (It does not delay EIS with SN, it was always supposed to be June)

It also appears that SSD will go back to the lessor in december 2017 and SSA/B/N in 2018.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

DeltaWiskey wrote:It also appears that SSD will go back to the lessor in december 2017 and SSA/B/N in 2018.
The roll over of planes doesn't stop when all RJs will be gone in October; then its the turn to A319s....
more news on another round of expansion in our average seat count is to follow in due time. ;)

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

tolipanebas wrote: 20 Apr 2017, 08:14 The roll over of planes doesn't stop when all RJs will be gone in October; then its the turn to A319s....
more news on another round of expansion in our average seat count is to follow in due time. ;)
A321's have already been discussed on this forum, hasn't it? Apart from those 4 A319, it will be mainly A330 roll-over in the next couple of years, the other A319 leases expire as from 2021 only.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

To be fair, swapping 4 A319 for A320 is an upgrade already, so tolipanebas may not be hinting at A321s at all, but one thing which may have changed opinions is that Thomas Cook deal.
IMHO it has the potential to be a serious game changer on summer routes.
I could imagine their most popular leisure routes from Belgium where holiday makers from Thomas Cook are combined with traditional Brussels Airlines customers to be good routes for such a big plane now.
Overlaps on the popular Spanish Costa's certainly exists and I'm not so sure its much of a commercial advantage to have more than 1 or 2 daily frequencies there: the benefit of serving them on A321 instead could become compelling as from next year as the unit cost of such a big plane must be significanty lower vs that of an A319 or even an A320, whereas the risk to be able to fill all the extra seats may sufficiently have been reduced thanks to the Thomas Cook deal.
Will be most interesting to watch for sure, because operating more and bigger planes may give them additional competitive ammunition also on other routes in their network too, of course!

convair

Post by convair »

DeltaWiskey wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 22:15 It also appears that SSD will go back to the lessor in december 2017 and SSA/B/N in 2018.
SSC is now the oldest A319, followed by SSD and the former Sabena G, K and M. I would have assumed they would be the first to go.
But, of course, these aircraft may be from different lessors, with different lease conditions and different lease durations.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

TLspotting wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 21:57 G-ECOT is replacing G-ECOI on Brussels Airlines routes
G-ECOR is replacing G-ECOK as well...

Greetings,
Thibault
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

Why are those Q400's being replaced by Flybe aircrafts? Maintenance or is it end of leasing?

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

Just maintenance. OI should be back in BRU this afternoon.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TLspotting wrote: 19 Apr 2017, 21:57 G-ECOT is replacing G-ECOI on Brussels Airlines routes
Indeed. I flew twice on GECOT yesterday, and it doesn't even sport the SN livery, but the old Flybe colours.
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

Regarding the TCAB birds that are going to join later this year, it will be TCV and TCH.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

DeltaWiskey wrote: 27 Apr 2017, 19:12 Regarding the TCAB birds that are going to join later this year, it will be TCV and TCH.
OO-TCH got a camera on the nose wheel, so we can see the take off and landing in the screen :-)

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

And still no news about long haul fleet.....
Hasta la victoria siempre.

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

From what I heard, it is decided that the 7 A330's (5 -300; 2 -200) which were due for retirement will be replaced with newer second hand -300's. Due to an oversupply of the market, the value of relatively new -300 have dropped dramatically in the last 1-2 years (around 20-30%). The first one should be arriving in Q1 2018. There are rumours that the A330 fleet will be increased to 11 in 2018, but that is still far from certain. I think they are waiting to see how toronto/mumbai perform in the next couple of months before taking a decision. If these destinations do not deliver according to expectations, there is no need to increase the fleet and they could just reallocate ressources instead. Bernard G. was recently quoted that it can take up to 2-3 years before a long haul destination Is profitable. Bad decisions can turn out very expensive very quickly.

I don't think the fleet roll-over will be announced in a press release as it doesn't concern new aircraft orders. Maybe in a Lufthansa Group financial report in due time?

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

DeltaWiskey wrote: 28 Apr 2017, 14:30 From what I heard, it is decided that the 7 A330's (5 -300; 2 -200) which were due for retirement will be replaced with newer second hand -300's. Due to an oversupply of the market, the value of relatively new -300 have dropped dramatically in the last 1-2 years (around 20-30%). The first one should be arriving in Q1 2018. There are rumours that the A330 fleet will be increased to 11 in 2018, but that is still far from certain. I think they are waiting to see how toronto/mumbai perform in the next couple of months before taking a decision. If these destinations do not deliver according to expectations, there is no need to increase the fleet and they could just reallocate ressources instead. Bernard G. was recently quoted that it can take up to 2-3 years before a long haul destination Is profitable. Bad decisions can turn out very expensive very quickly.

I don't think the fleet roll-over will be announced in a press release as it doesn't concern new aircraft orders. Maybe in a Lufthansa Group financial report in due time?
After one year of operation one can get a first idea on the choice of a destination. Out of 4 Toronto I had to do, two were canceled...grrr... but the other 2 were full ( way and back )... I think the idea of YYZ was not the one we expected ( AC to YYZ and SN to YUL ) but it was finally a good idea. I cross my fingers for BOM. I wonder if the next one dot will be in US, Africa or Asia.
In an interview in LeSoir B.Gustin said two days ago "...if BOM works well we could open DEL in the next years but working right now at the plan 2018-2022..."