VLM Airlines news 2017

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ostair

Re: VLM Airlines news 2017

Post by ostair »

koninckske wrote: 03 Mar 2017, 12:56 If you have a look at their presentation you can see their planned network including routes from ANR and OST. You can also read that they plan to have 2 AOCs: one in Belgium and one with 320 and 330 in Slovenia.
Correct.
Chinese tourists to OST and business travellers to ANR in Q1/2018.

Which airport is the third one getting Chinese tourists?
Seems to be in France according to their map.

MHG

Post by MHG »

I am deeply concerned whether this venture will ever come into operation.
Couldn´t help but chuckle when I saw the photo of a MRJ in relation to "Service Aircraft Center" (what a crazy grammar mistake btw.).
It does not really help with their credibility by advertising through referring to an aircraft that has yet to find it´s way into regular OPS and has made only "negative" headlines on the market so far ...

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

VLM Airlines will provide 6 Fokker 50 aircraft for European flights between Maribor Airport and London, Berlin, Hamburg, Barcelona,
A large fleet of A320/330 on one side, 6 F50's on the other side... a complete mismatch.
What a sad joke. :cry:
I'm starting to understand why belgian's CAA is stalling the AOC delivery...

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

I already thought Air Belgium was ambitious with 4 A340, but 15 A330 is even way more impressive. :shock:

I really wonder why they choose Maribor as their primary base/hub... We probably fail to see the bigger picture, but I wish them success with their adventure nevertheless (even if it is just to see the Vizion Air F50 back in the air).

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

DeltaWiskey wrote: 03 Mar 2017, 21:53 I wish them success with their adventure nevertheless (even if it is just to see the Vizion Air F50 back in the air).
VizionAir is now on board of SprintAir. They probably had the correct "vision" of the situation.
André
ex Sabena #26567

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

Apparently you forgot what Carl Legein mentioned in a reply to you? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49585&p=345973#p345973

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

Antwerps newspaper (Gazet van Antwerpen) http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20170303_02760 ... rstart-vlm reports: "Next to Slovenia, Antwerp will become an important hub for VLM Airlines" and "One of the slides showed ANR with up to 9 flight connections to places all over Europe, a.o. MAN and RTM."

Have they seen other slides than the ones published here??

ostair

Post by ostair »

DIBO wrote: 03 Mar 2017, 23:03 Antwerps newspaper (Gazet van Antwerpen) http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20170303_02760 ... rstart-vlm reports: "Next to Slovenia, Antwerp will become an important hub for VLM Airlines" and "One of the slides showed ANR with up to 9 flight connections to places all over Europe, a.o. MAN and RTM."

Have they seen other slides than the ones published here??
I think they have better eyes ;)

Seems the Slovenians are quicker in giving a AOC, a couple of weeks..
Quote from GVA:"Daarvoor werd ook in Slovenië een AOC-vergunning aangevraagd, die er volgens Yves Panneels, woordvoerder in België, normaal gezien over enkele weken zou zijn."

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

With very good eyes, one can indeed see in the slide "After extension of the runway - Network VLM Newco - Fase Q1-18"

ANR with links in yellow to MAN, JER, RTM, HAM, BER (if it ever opens!), PRG, ZRH, MIL, and one in France I cannot read.

If you remember that MAN, HAM and even GVA have been tried several times without success, I really wonder what their business plan looks like.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

Ah, so there will be flights by this Chinese-Slovenian-Dutch-Canadian-Belgian company from Antwerp after all. To places like Manchester, London Southend, London City, Jersey, Rotterdam, Milan, Prague, Berlin and Hamburg.

I might very well be making some of these up based on my misreading of a very blurry slide but I'm sure whatever I come up with here will make about as much sense as does their business plan. Which is absolutely bonkers.

The good news being that we might be hearing a totally different version of it in a few weeks. And maybe by then they've learned to spell the names of their own directors correctly. I'm sure there's no one in the company called Peter Mattheessns (sic).

PttU

Post by PttU »

sn26567 wrote: 03 Mar 2017, 23:28 With very good eyes, one can indeed see in the slide "After extension of the runway - Network VLM Newco - Fase Q1-18"

ANR with links in yellow to MAN, JER, RTM, HAM, BER (if it ever opens!), PRG, ZRH, MIL, and one in France I cannot read.

If you remember that MAN, HAM and even GVA have been tried several times without success, I really wonder what their business plan looks like.
I wonder even more about RTM... ANR-RTM can be done by train (Thalys) from city-centre to city-centre in 30 minutes, for 60 euros when you book last-minute, and just showing up minutes or seconds before departure. OR for about 20 euros in a little over 60 minutes with the IC-train, both IC and Thalys with around an hourly service. The only sense it would make was if RTM-ANR is a feeder for connecting flights from ANR, but if they are succesfull I think someone will open such route directly from RTM.

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

Indeed, gva, man...sounds like a deja vû.

Blurry slides, spelling errors, destinations which are already tried in the past....

It all sounds very dodgy to me and it is a pitty that the name VLM has been using for this "scam".
Last edited by saratoga on 06 Mar 2017, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

If nothing in their business plan for Antwerp makes any sense that's maybe because it isn't supposed to make sense. My guess is their deal to buy VLM involved a number of conditions: a promise to keep the HQ in Antwerp, to operate from Antwerp and to do so under Belgian law. Hence the need to rent an office, present some sort of plan for flights from ANR and get themselves a local AOC. This in turn should help them to unfold their actual plans in Slovenia, having invested in an 'existing' airline with a certain history to it. As opposed to flying in from China and putting down a big cheque.

I can't help but think their whole 'commitment' to ANR will be nothing more than doing the absolute minimum to keep the promises they had to make. So they will present something that checks the boxes in terms of a business plan for Antwerp, will nicely follow all the rules to get a Belgian AOC and might even launch a few of those flights out of ANR after they do. Only to close them down after a few weeks - because "who could possibly have predicted they weren't going to work" - and shift focus to Maribor. Put in a direct deposit for the rent of the HQ and forward the 03 phone number to a +386 one and that's it.

And yeah, that's me still being somewhat optimistic.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

It's a fascinating discussion here about this document:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3408017 ... ion-Slides

I do not believe that content at all. I don't know why they've published it - perhaps to please local politicians - but honestly: 6 x F50 / 6 x A320-200 / 15 x A330-200??? There are no 15 A332's available. And even if they would get them: you don't need 15 A332's to link three Chinese cities to Europe. The only certainty in the above document, are the 6 ex-VLM F50's that SHS Aviation Antwerp has acquired from VLM's liquidator (curator).

Regarding their Belgian AOC: on 28th October 2016, SHS Aviation Antwerp (the Belgian nv/sa) has raised it's capital to 5 mio Euro. My wild guess: this had been done on request of the Belgian CAA.

Mariborchanka

Post by Mariborchanka »

"Expected flights 2018" slide, better picture link >> http://bit.ly/2mb3Irk

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Mariborchanka wrote: 06 Mar 2017, 15:02 "Expected flights 2018" slide, better picture link >> http://bit.ly/2mb3Irk

Wow! Really impressive! With flights at the same time from OST, ANR and BRU in Belgium (but still the main hub in Maribor), and this from Q1-2018...

But I cannot help thinking that this a wild, wild dream....
André
ex Sabena #26567

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Oostende-Amsterdam and Antwerp-Rotterdam? What a joke!

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

VLM and Air Belgium are flying the same routes?
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Popcorn time ahead. Can't wait.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Yuqu12

Post by Yuqu12 »

If VLM and Air Belgium want to fly the same routes, it will be a matter of who is capable of starting first. If Air Belgium can start before VLM,, I don't see how VLM can be succesful and vice versa.