LOT Polish Airlines LO 232 Brussels to Warsaw - Embraer 175LR - Flight report

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
TheFlyingSultan

LOT Polish Airlines LO 232 Brussels to Warsaw - Embraer 175LR - Flight report

Post by TheFlyingSultan »

Hi all,

It has been a while. Here is a new trip report covering my journey from BRU to WAW with LOT.

TheFlyingSultan

sn26567

Re: LOT Polish Airlines LO 232 Brussels to Warsaw - Embraer 175LR - Flight report

Post by sn26567 »

Very nice video report, Sultan. I was not even aware of the fact that there is an Embraer 175"LR". What is the difference with a regular E175?

LOT used to send the larger E195 to BRU. But I guess that the competition with the A319s of SN makes it difficult for them. As a matter of fact my wife flies to WAW in two weeks and SN was cheaper than LOT.

Other than that your flight looked quite normal. You were lucky with the weather in BRU.
André
ex Sabena #26567

TheFlyingSultan

Re: LOT Polish Airlines LO 232 Brussels to Warsaw - Embraer 175LR - Flight report

Hi André, thanks for your reply.
sn26567 wrote:I was not even aware of the fact that there is an Embraer 175"LR". What is the difference with a regular E175?
No idea really. According to the 'LR' designation I would say this one has an increased range and maybe also a higher payload?
sn26567 wrote:LOT used to send the larger E195 to BRU. But I guess that the competition with the A319s of SN makes it difficult for them.
Since LOT is also *A, I find it a bit odd that they don't codeshare on the route to/from WAW?
Also, if you look at FR24, the flight is also operated by E190 and E70 besides the E75S. I think the LOT lottery - pun intended - decides which plane comes to BRU.
sn26567 wrote:As a matter of fact my wife flies to WAW in two weeks and SN was cheaper than LOT.
With their one way el-cheapo fares that could very well be the case!

Tnx again,
TFS

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TheFlyingSultan wrote:Since LOT is also *A, I find it a bit odd that they don't codeshare on the route to/from WAW?
Initially there was a codeshare between LO and SN, and then SN stopped flying to WAW. When they resumed the flights, the codeshare was dropped: it was competition all the way (just like with SAS, by the way!).

Cooperation could be better for the airlines (by increasing the prices!), but not for the customers.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Nice video! I want to fly with LOT next year to Warsaw.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

TheFlyingSultan

Comet wrote:Nice video!
Thank you Comet :thumbup:

TFS

Shengenzone

Post by Shengenzone »

Nice video, TheflyingSultan !

TheFlyingSultan

Shengenzone wrote:Nice video, TheflyingSultan !
Thanks a lot :)

TFS

YYZ727

Post by YYZ727 »

The difference in performance between a standard E175 and an advanced range and a long range model can be found here :

http://www.embraercommercialaviation.co ... rmance.pdf

TheFlyingSultan

YYZ727 wrote:The difference in performance between a standard E175 and an advanced range and a long range model can be found here :

http://www.embraercommercialaviation.co ... rmance.pdf
So my guess was the right one ;-)

TFS