VLM Airlines news 2016

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Shengenzone

Re: VLM Airlines news 2016

Post by Shengenzone »

VLM's official facebook page is back in use.
Attachments
S61103-123035.jpg
S61103-123035.jpg (545.95 KiB) Viewed 8540 times

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

I hope they keep the VLM name.

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

tangolima wrote:Hello

PHDMT (Ex OOVLF) is planned to be delivered begin next week to Denim Air.

Greetings,
Hello

Currently doing a test-flight from/to Saarbrucken

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

tangolima wrote:
tangolima wrote:PHDMT (Ex OOVLF) is planned to be delivered begin next week to Denim Air.
Currently doing a test-flight from/to Saarbrucken
Is that one of the aircraft that VLM sold and leased back?
André
ex Sabena #26567

SLM

Post by SLM »

Any news of Vizion Air?

carllegein

Post by carllegein »

Hi folks. Vizion Air will, if only half of our plans work out, have 3 aircraft in 2017. Based in 3 countries. Let us finalize this and get back to you ! Carl

convair

Post by convair »

Good luck!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

VLM trustees signed an agreement in principle for the acquisition of the airline by SHS Antwerp Aviation (Netherlands). The carrier plans to resume operations with six F50s once a new AOC is obtained.
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

sn26567 wrote:VLM trustees signed an agreement in principle for the acquisition of the airline by SHS Antwerp Aviation (Netherlands). The carrier plans to resume operations with six F50s once a new AOC is obtained.
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/vlm-air ... perations/

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Boeing767copilot wrote:Denim Air lost his AOC
https://www.austrianwings.info/2016/11/ ... liert-aoc/
Not a surprise for their business partners. Two weeks ago, the lessor reclaimed their sole Fokker F-100:
http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/ ... -by-lessor
According to Airfleets.net that must have been PH-MJP, and not PH-LNE as the photo in the above article shows.
PH-MJP:
http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-f100-11505.htm
PH-LNE:
http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-f100-11322.htm

Just wondering if they took delivery of some of the VLM F50's.

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

And besides "what route should we fly" or "do you think the cabin crew should wear a hat" on their FB page, it is all very quiet with the new VLM. It hope it is not another hoax and their plans are soon getting into force.

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

saratoga wrote:And besides "what route should we fly" or "do you think the cabin crew should wear a hat" on their FB page, it is all very quiet with the new VLM. It hope it is not another hoax and their plans are soon getting into force.
You're forgetting the 'do you want free snack or pay for food' post. The completely random and utterly unreliable answers to which will probably end up in a very serious looking folder labelled 'market research'.

But actually, I think the frequency of updates on FB tells us very little about the steps they're taking to get back in the air and how far they've progressed. Much of that progress is dependent on them getting the AOC anyways. That being said, I've always found their plans to start flying this year overly ambitious as it feels highly unlikely they'll get their paperwork sorted out before the whole administration goes into hibernation soon.

So far I'm keeping an open mind but they do have much to prove.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Avnu wrote: You're forgetting the 'do you want free snack or pay for food' post. The completely random and utterly unreliable answers to which will probably end up in a very serious looking folder labelled 'market research'.
We can't judge too early. It can be their marketing/corpcom/social media way of interacting with potential future customers, trying to show they do care about the whishes of them while working behind the screens on the actual launch.

However I do agree it all seems overly ambitious. Not only to start late this year, but also their fleet and growth plans etc. Unless they have one/several very interesting partners (or customers) with which they will be able to work ((white label) wet-lease ops, feeding, ... ?).

carllegein

Post by carllegein »

I might add that this is the best thing that happened the last 10 years with VLM: serious financial resources, a very ambitious plan, let us be positive about this. We at Vizion Air are a big fan. Vizion Air will be the charter division of VLM. All request to [email protected]. Cannot wait recieving the green light (AOC)
ps we will add other aircraft to the Vizion Air brand soon, with other operators than VLM.

MHG

Post by MHG »

My experience tells me those managements/companies that are generally quiet and very cautious in releasing infos to the public are usually those that survive the set up process and make it into actual operations.

So, I´m still optimistic VLM 2 will become operational eventually.

Let´s just be patient.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

carllegein wrote:ps we will add other aircraft to the Vizion Air brand soon, with other operators than VLM.
You don't put all your eggs in the same basket, apparently. Does it mean that your confidence in the new VLM owners is, let's say, limited?
André
ex Sabena #26567

ironspan

Post by ironspan »

I am always surprised by the many negative comments people post on these forums. If I read all the reactions on the new VLM, I must conclude that the new company does not stand a chance to survive (or even start).
And then I wonder how many of these 'critics' have the experience of setting-up an airline company and know what it entails. Just creating an AOC is already complicated, to get it approved by the Directorate is even a bigger challenge. And all the messages about 'hats', 'where would we fly', 'pay for food', is just marketing, to get the public's attention.

I fully agree with carllegein and MHG, let's be positive, let's applaud that we my have a new airline company in Belgium. And maybe Vizion Air needs something bigger than a 50-seater, hence another operator :D ?

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

Confair is looking for F50 tr and ntr for them.

carllegein

Post by carllegein »

We are very much optimistic, the only thing is we recieved more requests from owners with the question if we want to sell their ad hoc capacity. So we are making a deal with a ATR72 operator, Saab 340, CRJ200 etc etc. Our plan is to help owners sell their ad hoc capacity. And the more aircraft we have in our fleet the better the Vizion Air concept is going to be. It looks like we will have aircraft based from Skandinavia to Italy, 10 until 66 seats. Now that is in my opinion a win win ! In the VLM basket they will not be able to provide us with this geographical and capacity spread !