2016 Antwerp airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Re: 2016 Antwerp airport (ANR/EBAW) latest news

Post by Passenger »

ironspan wrote:To: Passenger
Thanks for your comments, I am fully aware about their strategy and their relentless attempts to attack the airport, using sometimes very 'questionable' methods (the majority of the registered complaints were submitted by 4 persons...). Hence my surprise to see that on this forum some members actually show sympathy and are proposing measures which would kill ANR-operations. Even if the eco fundamentalists are quite professional, we should not give them more ammunition.

To: sn26567/Andre
I tried to defend ANR's interest, by pointing out facts and show that arguments used were not consistent. Everybody is free to vote on the party he/she selects, but I would expect that 'luchtzak'-forum members would at least be pro-aviation and pro-airports. There are many other forums where people can complain about noise :D
I have to repeat myself: I do not give the anti's more ammunition. At this moment, they have already more then enough arguments to bring the airport in serious trouble. Although I totally disagree with their drive and their aim, I also read their arguments. And a few indeed make sense. Like those very early morning and very late night departures by ERJ-190's. I'm not going to tell why it's a problem (Freund hört mitt), but it would be better on long term when the airport and Jetair/Jetairfly would give in there.

I don't like the suggestion that I am not pro aviation and pro airport. I am realistic. I look at facts. Take a look at the enemy on http://www.vatuvblog.be and you will have to agree that the airport has to defend itself with better arguments then "the airport was there first" and/or "the E313 makes a lot more noise too".

ironspan

Post by ironspan »

Thanks 'Passenger'. It was not my intention to suggest you are not pro-aviation. But the fact is that ANR is open from 06.30 to 23.00, Egis or the airport authorities strictly follow the law. As I mentioned before, what if tomorrow another operator starts flying with an EMB170 or similar for a new (business!) route, leaving at 07.00...They cannot continue to fly with old F50's forever... Moreover, the Eco-party will not stop complaining if the government changes the opening hours, then they will focus on something else (next claim is the enormous pollution from the engines, or the bats (vleermuizen) population in the Fort behind the runway is reduced because of airplanes, or, or, etc). Also Jetairfly now stationed an EMB on ANR to do 3 rotations in the summer season, if it is limited to 2, they will need to reconsider their operations.
Finally, fact is that that ANR should NOT need to defend itself, it is part of the economic maze around Antwerp and creates jobs and adds value. It has been there for years, it is now expanding and attracting new business, but will remain a SMALL regional airport (with the current dated terminal and the limited airport infrastructure, I guess they can reach ~0.5M passengers).
If the airport would be closed, do not expect that they will turn it into a park, but it will be 'verkaveld' with many people gaining a lot of money, that is the real reason for their actions.
So let's support ANR, and not kill the first new operator in years!...(VLM is dead already)

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

Has anyone spotted the Chalair flight to Hamburg yet? It wasn't on the departure board yesterday (and didn't fly according to FR24) and isn't today either.

ironspan

Post by ironspan »

According to their booking engine, they will start flying as from 11th of July, no flights this week.
Flights will continue till 22nd of July, then they will stop in last wk July and August month.
Restart planned for 29th of Aug and maybe twice daily as from September.

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

That's what their booking engine says NOW. Last week, one could book flights for this week (Monday through Friday) before they indeed disappeared. I guess they weren't ready in time.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avnu wrote:I guess they weren't ready in time.
... or there were no passengers yet!
André
ex Sabena #26567

b720

Post by b720 »

I asked the agent at ANR on friday, on my way to GVA with them, and she said that the flights to Hamburg are postponed by a week due to weak booking for the week of July the 4th.

Falcon16xl

Post by Falcon16xl »

!! According to the website from Chalair, first flight / booking to/from Hamburg is now only foreseen 29Aug'16. Postponed for 2 months ..?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Hey, Chalair is a French airline, and all the French are on holiday in August :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Tweet from Cityjet: "WX239 Temporary closure of Antwerp airport due to security alert in the area. Please proceed to airport as normal"

Anyone who knows what's happening? I read elsewhere that the surroundings of the airport are closed due to an intervention of the police.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote:Tweet from Cityjet: "WX239 Temporary closure of Antwerp airport due to security alert in the area. Please proceed to airport as normal"

Anyone who knows what's happening?
See
https://www.aviation24.be/forums/viewtopic ... 08#p338308

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Another bit of imprecise wording then... the airport never was closed. At least I found no NOTAM to that effect.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Falcon16xl wrote:!! According to the website from Chalair, first flight / booking to/from Hamburg is now only foreseen 29Aug'16. Postponed for 2 months ..?
The flight to/from Hamburg, and to/from Geneva, were indeed operated today (with Beech 1900D):
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/f-hbcc/

b720

Post by b720 »

Too bad they reduced the GVA flights to 1 a day (mon-frid) and departing at 13:45.. And departing GVA back to ANR 15:50... No morning flights anymore.. I think that the GVA flights will not last with these hours..

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

GVA flights cancelled today!!? Not so good a start... Lack of pax or tech.problem??

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

And again today... so lack of pax I guess...

SLM

Post by SLM »

Cityjet flights from ANR to LCY are still operated by a white ATR42 aircraft. From which country is this aircraft and is the crew based at Antwerp Airport? Thanks for your answers.

TheFlyingSultan

Post by TheFlyingSultan »

SLM wrote:Cityjet flights from ANR to LCY are still operated by a white ATR42 aircraft. From which country is this aircraft and is the crew based at Antwerp Airport? Thanks for your answers.
The ATR42-500, reg OY-RUO, solely flies this route and is wet-leased from Danish Air Transport.

The FlyingSultan

YYZ727

Post by YYZ727 »

It's a Danish Air Transport(DX - DTR) aircraft registered OY-RUO.

Xavi

Post by Xavi »

How are the Chalair flights to Geneva and Hambourg doing?