FedEx buys TNT

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

lumumba

Re: FedEx buys TNT

Post by lumumba »

But it's a win win situation they can move cargo from there plane to a belly cargo plane.
In LGG you you lose that ....
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Flanker2 wrote:
doens't mean they couldn't keep using space on other operator aircrafts... just move their own operated aircraft to LGG
Fedex do this in Japan.
They have the KIX hub where they have most of their airfreight ops, and then they have the NRT hub, closer to the main market, eg Tokyo, where they also have access to belly capacity.
But then they don't have another hub just down the road from KIX...
This setup also completely takes them out of Japan's main domestic market, where Fedex has no chance against the ultra-efficient domestic competition who use almost exclusively belly capacity with a single main hub at HND.

If you think that you can ship 5kg of fish door to door at 8pm, arriving at 6am 1000 kilometers further away, and transported refrigerated all the way, for a decent price, we here in Europe are operating in the Stone Age.
There's something fishy:

When just using belly cargo..

If you ship something at 8pm in Hiroshima , you can get it on the last flight to Haneda, fine, but you then must have it connect to say Sapporo on the first in the morning, arriving at 8am, so goods will only arrive at 9am...

Still not bad, but not 6am... the scenario you describe can only be done by night (cargo) flights...

Cheers,

Stij

P.S. Nothing bad about the Japanese, lived there for 6 weeks, I'm in awe for their discipline and way of organizing things in a simple way (except for the tea ceremony).

cnc

Post by cnc »

lumumba wrote:But it's a win win situation they can move cargo from there plane to a belly cargo plane.
In LGG you you lose that ....
i give up...

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

But it's easy how bigger your HUB the more possibilities you have.
If you split it it's not so interesting ...

cnc

Post by cnc »

in reality that is not always the case. consolidation can be a real PITA and end up with a higher cost but anyway i don't see them make any move in favor of LGG

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Meanwhile, FedEx still gets more factory-fresh 767Fs...

André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

TNT Express shareholders vote in favour of FedEx offer

FedEx Corporation's EUR4.4 billion bid to acquire TNT Express N.V. outright took another step closer to finalization after the Dutch logistics firm's shareholders voted in favour of the offer.

During the Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) on October 5, shareholders discussed and voted to accept the recommended public offer by FedEx Acquisition B.V., an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of FedEx Corporation, for all issued and outstanding ordinary shares including ordinary shares represented by American depositary shares of TNT Express.

Sjoerd Vollebregt, the only member of the Boards who holds TNT Express shares, and the Dutch postal service PostNL N.V., which holds a 14.7% stake in TNT, have already assented to the deal and will tender their shares as and when a final offer is made.

The deadline for acceptance of the offer is October 30, 2015 with the minimum acceptance condition of the offer now set at 80% (and not 95%) of TNT’s aggregate issued and outstanding ordinary share capital.

We appreciate that the shareholders of TNT Express approved the resolutions of TNT Express’ Extraordinary General Meeting,” said David Binks, Regional President Europe, FedEx Express. “We believe the combination of these two great companies will provide significant value to the employees, customers and shareowners of both TNT Express and FedEx, and we continue to work constructively with the regulatory authorities around the world to obtain clearance of the acquisition.

The European Commission is currently scrutinizing the planned takeover bid with a decision due by December 7, 2015. TNT and FedEx are expected to make a number of concessions to help secure EC approval after the body announced it had concerns the newly merged entity would face insufficient competitive constraints in several European markets where they would compete with their only two remaining rivals - UPS and DHL.

Source: ch-aviation
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Belgian maritime group Compagnie Maritime Belge (CMB), which is a 51% shareholder in Dublin-based ASL Aviation Group, has registered an interest in taking on TNT Express’ airline activities.

TNT Express is being acquired by FedEx and, if the deal succeeds, TNT’s European airline operations will have to be divested due to airline ownership regulations. This has sparked interest from CMB.

http://atwonline.com/finance-data/possi ... activities
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

TNT Express has helped Belgium become the cargo king of Europe. For nearly two decades, the Dutch express delivery company has poured money into its hub at the civilian airport in Liège, turning the struggling former coal and steel town into one of the biggest air cargo centres on the continent.

more ....

But after two decades of nearly uninterrupted growth, dark clouds lurk on the horizon.

more ...
from http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/7ca53d10 ... 162cc.html
(don't close the window, they try to push their subcription, you won't be able to read it twice.)
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

FedEx takeover of TNT approval appealed

The approval of FedEx’s takeover of TNT Express by the Brazilian Conselho Administrativo de Defesa Economica (CADE) has been appealed by a third party.

CADE had unconditionally approved the takeover on 2 February as part of the process of gaining approval from relevant antitrust authorities. On 5 February, it was announced that TNT Express was to sell TNT Airways and Pan Air Lineas Aereas to ASL Aviation to comply with European Union airline ownership and control rules. TNT’s Eurohub at Liege Airport was not part of the sale.

Despite the appeal, the companies say they are hopeful the deal will be completed in the first half of 2016. The companies say: “FedEx and TNT Express continue to work constructively with regulatory authorities to obtain clearance of the transaction in the relevant jurisdictions, including China, and are making timely process.”

Source: Air Cargo Week
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Press release FedEx 18th May 2016:

http://about.van.fedex.com/newsroom/glo ... ay-2016-2/

Highlights

•88.4% of all TNT Express shares tendered and accepted

•All Offer Conditions have been satisfied or waived

•Settlement will take place on 25 May 2016

•Remaining TNT Express Shares can be tendered during the Post-Closing Acceptance Period, commencing on 19 May 2016 and ending on 1 June 2016

FedEx Corporation (FedEx) (NYSE:FDX), FedEx Acquisition B.V. (the Offeror) and TNT Express N.V. (TNT Express) are pleased to announce that the Offeror has declared its recommended all-cash public offer for all the issued and outstanding ordinary shares in the share capital of TNT Express, including shares represented by American Depositary Receipts (the Shares), unconditional (doet gestand). All Offer Conditions, as described in the Offer Document, have been satisfied or (in whole or in part) waived. “We are pleased with the outcome of the public share offer,” said David Bronczek, President and CEO, FedEx Express. “May 25, 2016 will be a profound moment in the history of these two great companies. Together, we will transform the global transportation industry, connecting even more people and possibilities around the world.”

Acceptance
In connection with the Offer, 484,982,585 Shares (including Shares represented by American depositary shares) have been tendered during the Acceptance Period that expired on 13 May 2016, representing 88.4% of the aggregate issued and outstanding ordinary share capital of TNT Express, and an aggregate value of €3,879,860,680 (at an Offer Price of €8.00 (eight euro) in cash per Share). No treasury shares are held by TNT Express.

Settlement
With reference to the Offer Document, published on 21 August 2015, holders of Ordinary Shares who accepted the Offer shall receive an amount in cash of €8.00 (eight euro) (the Offer Price) and holders of ADSs who accepted the Offer shall receive a cash amount equal to the U.S. dollar equivalent of the Offer Price, calculated by the Offeror using the spot market exchange rate for the U.S. dollar against the euro published on Bloomberg at noon New York time on the day immediately prior to the date on which funds are received by Citibank, N.A. (the ADS Tender Agent), in its capacity as ADS Tender Agent to pay for the ADSs following the Unconditional Date.

Payment of the Offer Price will occur on 25 May 2016 (the Settlement Date). The Offeror currently does not hold any Shares. Following the Settlement of the Offer, the Offeror will hold at least 484,982,585 Shares, representing 88.4% of the issued and outstanding share capital of TNT Express.

Post-Closing Acceptance Period
The Offeror hereby announces that Shareholders, including holders of ADSs, who have not yet tendered their Shares under the Offer will have the opportunity to tender their Shares, under the same terms and conditions applicable to the Offer, in a Post-Closing Acceptance Period (na-aanmeldingstermijn) commencing at 09:00 hours Amsterdam time on 19 May 2016 and expiring at 17:40 hours Amsterdam time (11:40 hours New York time) on 1 June 2016 (the Post-Closing Acceptance Period). The Offeror has agreed that it will accept valid tender of book-entry ADSs until 17:00 hours New York time on 1 June 2016.

During the Post-Closing Acceptance Period, Shareholders have no right to withdraw Shares from the Offer, regardless whether their Shares have been validly tendered (or defectively tendered, provided that such defect has been waived by the Offeror) during the Acceptance Period or the Post-Closing Acceptance Period. A notice of guaranteed delivery will not be an effective means of tendering ADSs during the Post-Closing Acceptance Period.

The Offeror will publicly announce the results of the Post-Closing Acceptance Period and the total amount and total percentage of Shares held by it in accordance with Article 17, paragraph 4 of the Decree ultimately on the 3rd (third) Dutch Business Day following the last day of the Post-Closing Acceptance Period.

The Offeror will continue to accept for payment all Shares (including ADSs) validly tendered (or defectively tendered, provided that such defect has been waived by the Offeror) during the Post-Closing Acceptance Period and shall pay for such Shares (including ADSs) as soon as reasonably possible and, in any event no later than on the 5th (fifth) Dutch Business Day following the last day of the Post-Closing Acceptance Period.

Buy-Out
If, following the Settlement Date, and the Post-Closing Acceptance Period, the Offeror and/or its Affiliates, have acquired 95% (ninety-five per cent) or more of the aggregate issued and outstanding ordinary share capital (geplaatst en uitstaand gewoon kapitaal) of TNT Express, the Offeror will, as soon as possible, initiate a buy-out procedure (uitkoopprocedure) in accordance with Article 2:92a or 2:201a of the Dutch Civil Code and/or a takeover buy-out procedure in accordance with Article 2:359c of the Dutch Civil Code in order to acquire the remaining Shares not tendered and not held by the Offeror or TNT Express.

Asset Sale and Liquidation
If, following the Settlement Date, the Post-Closing Acceptance Period and a Minority Exit Opportunity, the Offeror and/or its Affiliates, have acquired less than 95% (ninety-five per cent) of the issued and outstanding ordinary share capital (geplaatst en uitstaand gewoon kapitaal) of TNT Express, the Offeror may choose to implement the Asset Sale and Liquidation of TNT Express. Reference is made to Section 6.16.3 (Asset Sale and Liquidation) of the Offer Document.

Remaining Shareholders who do not wish to tender their shares should carefully review Section 6.16.3 of the Offer Document and particularly note that if the Offeror elects to implement the Asset Sale and Liquidation and a Shareholder did not tender its Shares under the Offer, such Shareholder will receive the same amount of the Offer Price per Share that it would have received had it tendered its Shares under the Offer, without any interest being paid on such amount and with such amount being subject to any required withholding taxes and costs related to such Asset Sale and Liquidation.

The withholding taxes and other taxes, if any, imposed on such Shareholder may be different from, and greater than, the taxes imposed upon a Shareholder that tenders its Shares under the Offer. Consequently, if the Asset Sale is pursued, the net amount received by a Shareholder for Shares that are not tendered under the Offer (and who remains a Shareholder up to and including the time of the Asset Sale and any subsequent liquidation) will depend upon such Shareholder’s individual tax circumstances and the amount of any required withholding or other taxes, as further described in Section 11.1.8 (Asset Sale and Liquidation) of the Offer Document. With respect to the Shareholder Distribution, Dutch dividend withholding tax will be due at a rate of 15% (fifteen per cent) to the extent that Shareholder Distributions exceed the average paid-in capital of those Shares as recognized for purposes of Dutch dividend withholding tax.

Delisting
FedEx and TNT Express will seek to procure the delisting of the Shares from Euronext Amsterdam as soon as possible, and the termination of the listing agreement between TNT Express and Euronext Amsterdam in relation to the listing of the Shares. TNT Express also intends to terminate the ADS Deposit Agreement between TNT Express and the U.S. Depositary upon such delisting. These actions may adversely affect the liquidity and market value of any listed Shares not tendered. Reference is made to Section 6.14 (Liquidity and delisting) and Section 6.15 (Termination Deposit Agreement) of the Offer Document.

Further implications of the Offer being declared unconditional
Remaining Shareholders who do not wish to tender their Shares in the Post-Closing Acceptance Period should carefully review the sections of the Offer Document that further explain the intentions of the Offeror and/or FedEx, such as (but not limited to) Sections 6.13 (Intentions following the Offer being declared unconditional) up to and including 6.16.6 (Other measures), which describe certain implications to which they may become subject with their continued shareholding in TNT Express.

Announcements
Any further announcements in relation to the Offer will be issued by press release. Any joint press release issued by the Offeror and TNT Express will be made available on the websites of FedEx (http://investors.fedex.com) and TNT Express (http://www.tnt.com/corporate). Subject to any applicable requirements of the applicable rules and without limiting the manner in which the Offeror may choose to make any public announcement, the Offeror will have no obligation to communicate any public announcement other than as described above.

Further information
This announcement contains selected, condensed information regarding the Offer and does not replace the Offer Document and/or the Position Statement. The information in this announcement is not complete and additional information is contained in the Offer Document and the Position Statement.

Digital copies of the Offer Document are available on the website of TNT Express at http://www.tnt.com/corporate/en/site/ho ... offer.html and on the website of FedEx at http://investors.fedex.com. Such websites do not constitute a part of, and are not included or referred to in, the Offer Document. Copies of the Offer Document are also available free of charge from TNT Express, the Settlement Agent, ADS Tender Agent and the Information Agent at the addresses mentioned below.

(see additional notes in the press release - see link at the top)

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

in the meantime the TNT pilots don't really know what to expect ...
but it seems that they have high hope to continue from LGG ... for european flights.
the destiny of the 3 777 and the 2 747 is unknown
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

what's new is that they mention they will keep 3 hubs.
They say : "yes it's can look like having 3 hubs is a lot, but in the US, we have a lot more hubs"
But they will load balance the flights between those 3, there is no garantee long haul flights will remain from LGG (or from the other 2)

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Acid-drop wrote:what's new is that they mention they will keep 3 hubs.
They say : "yes it's can look like having 3 hubs is a lot, but in the US, we have a lot more hubs"
But they will load balance the flights between those 3, there is no garantee long haul flights will remain from LGG (or from the other 2)
I see THX

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Acid-drop wrote:They say : "yes it's can look like having 3 hubs is a lot, but in the US, we have a lot more hubs"
Sure, but I don't think that any of these hubs (16?) in the US are located at such a short distance of 130 km (LGG-CGN) or even 370 km (LGG-CDG) from each other.

Anyway, let's hope the best for LGG.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Established02 wrote:
Acid-drop wrote:They say : "yes it's can look like having 3 hubs is a lot, but in the US, we have a lot more hubs"
Sure, but I don't think that any of these hubs (16?) in the US are located at such a short distance of 130 km (LGG-CGN) or even 370 km (LGG-CDG) from each other.

Anyway, let's hope the best for LGG.
Airports that are open at night with a good geographical position and already with good infrastructure it's worth to keep it anyway!
And that's the case of LGG so I think that they will keep it.
I also think that the cooperation between CDG and LGG can have a positive effect on the two airports.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

This article is discussing the 3 hubs questions
http://cargofacts.com/fedex-acquires-tn ... rk-begins/

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

and more ...
http://www.aircargonews.net/news/single ... ition.html

"We will have three primary hubs in Europe, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have other important facilities, we just opened new facilities in Copenhagen, Milan and Stansted"

I think they play a bit with the word "hub" here...
It's hard to guess what will happen.
I think they don't know themselves ... yet.

“So part of the integration planning will be to sit down and determine how we will use those different hubs and how we connect those different hubs.”