2016 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

2016 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Post by Acid-drop »

My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Acid-drop

Re: 2016 Liège Airport (LGG/EBLG) latest news

Post by Acid-drop »

Last year, 2015 : 649.829 tonnes of cargo (+10%) and 299.292 pax (-1,16%)

Cargo:

Pax:
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

LJ

Post by LJ »

Orenair will not return to LGG as it will cease operations as of March 26th and looses its AOC as of June. However, does anyone know who will take over their charters (or will they'll not return this Summer)?

http://slovakaviation.sk/en/news/530-or ... -by-june-1

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

The i-fly 757 (EI-EWT) continues the operations
http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/ei-ewt/

so they (U-Tour ) never stopped. Some news in october mentioned that, if they manage to ease the delivery of VISA for chineese travelers, the amount of pax could go from 1000 to 2500 per week next summer. But this is still hypothetical.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Last year, 2015 : 649.829 tonnes of cargo (+10%) and 299.292 pax (-1,16%)

The expect 6 chineese flights per week for this year.

(As promissed, i edited the graphs on wikipedia, and added them on this topic, on the top)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Acid-drop wrote:Last year, 2015 : 649.829 tonnes of cargo (+10%)
That means that LGG is still the number one cargo airport of Belgium.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

And fedex will decide if it will stay so...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

New business airline at Liège: Yellow, with one Pilatus PC-12 and plans to grow to three such planes.

https://www.aviation24.be/airports/liege-a ... e-airport/
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Acid-drop wrote:The i-fly 757 (EI-EWT) continues the operations
A330 today...

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Regarding
New business airline at Liège: Yellow, with one Pilatus PC-12 and plans to grow to three such planes.
, a quote from the press "blurb":
The selected aircraft can fly in all weather.
The person who states that is either an idiot or a liar.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Regarding
, a quote from the press "blurb":
The selected aircraft can fly in all weather.
The person who states that is either an idiot or a liar.
Luckily we have someone here who knows it better then those who fly the thing.

jan_olieslagers

Come on, PAX, you know as well as I that NO plane can fly in ALL weather.
Even the big boys get diverted because of weather every so often, what then about a PC-12?

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

J_O, you may be an aviation pioneer, but you have got some catching-up to do. Let's say you start with
EASA wrote:EASA Certification Specifications
for
All Weather Operations
CS-AWO
Book 1
Airworthiness code

;)

jan_olieslagers

??? Are you, or your source, claiming that there do be aircraft that can fly in all weather? If that be true, I have indeed a lot of work to do - but I can't help doubting it. And even if I am far from an aviation pioneer, I did pass a couple of exams on matters of aviation.

convair

Post by convair »

DIBO wrote:J_O, you may be an aviation pioneer, but you have got some catching-up to do. Let's say you start with
EASA wrote:EASA Certification Specifications
for
All Weather Operations
CS-AWO
Book 1
Airworthiness code

;)
jan_olieslagers wrote:??? Are you, or your source, claiming that there do be aircraft that can fly in all weather? If that be true, I have indeed a lot of work to do - but I can't help doubting it. And even if I am far from an aviation pioneer, I did pass a couple of exams on matters of aviation.
I'm a layman in aviation matters, but your dispute seems a little academical to me.

I understand there is something called an "all weather operations" certificate which is what was apparently "translated" in some press report as: "the selected aircraft can fly in all weather", which is what I would have understood too, BTW.

Maybe this is an example of the nuance between "can" and "may". ;)

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

I would rather say: 'It is advisable not to use it in all weather conditions'. The plane may be able to handle them all, but the weak point will be the pilot.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

it seems the new QR flight from Dallas are operated by TNT (777F).
And it's not the only one, we see many TNT flight to Doha, Atlanta, Chicago....
There seem to be a big interconnection in LGG.
Meaning the Fedex story could be even more dangerous than expected

Stij

Post by Stij »

Acid-drop wrote:Meaning the Fedex story could be even more dangerous than expected
Worst case scenario? :-(

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

I don't expect a disaster, but I expect at least 2 hubs in europe, probably LGG and CDG... we'll know soon enough i think, TNT airline may be sold in the next 3 months already