Jetairfly/TUI fly in 2016

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Jetairfly/TUI fly in 2016

Post by sn26567 »

Metz-Nancy airport sill be closed for 7 weeks on 29 February 2016 for the refurbishment of a runway. Many flights will be re-routed to Luxembourg, including those of Jetairfly.

The Jetairfly Dreamliner is currently in Luton for maintenance. It will come back into service on 22 January.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Re: Jetairfly in 2016

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote:The Jetairfly Dreamliner is currently in Luton for maintenance. It will come back into service on 22 January.
So that's the reason for the ongoing delays in their intercontinental schedule.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

sn26567 wrote: 2.
The Jetairfly Dreamliner is currently in Luton for maintenance. It will come back into service on 22 January.
What happened with JAF's Goldcare center in Brussels? Weren't they supposed to do the maintenance of the 787?

JamesD

Post by JamesD »

They are and they do the maintenance on the B787 but at this moment the aircraft is out for it's C-check at it's Tui partner Thompson in LTN were they have centralized the heavy maintenance for the group.

sergioboeing

Post by sergioboeing »

JamesD wrote:They are and they do the maintenance on the B787 but at this moment the aircraft is out for it's C-check at it's Tui partner Thompson in LTN were they have centralized the heavy maintenance for the group.
This C-check comes at the worst moment, just during the high season. Wouldn't it be possible to do it later? Look of the heavy delays this last week...
Best regards,
Sergioboeing

JamesD

Post by JamesD »

There are no good moments to take an aircraft out of service at all... It will always be inconvenient whatever you try. Not sure if this is the high season at this moment though... Most airlines send there fleet into heavy maintenance during the wintertime. Summer would be much worse. And doing it later is no option since aircrafts are following a strict maintenance program based on flight hours/cycles that cannot be deviated from.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

JamesD wrote:They are and they do the maintenance on the B787 but at this moment the aircraft is out for it's C-check at it's Tui partner Thompson in LTN were they have centralized the heavy maintenance for the group.
OO-JDL had it first flight on 14th Nov 2013, and it joined Jetairfly on 03th Dec 2013.
http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-b787-34425.htm
Isn't a heavy check (C-check) very early then?

And when it is a scheduled C-check indeed, this must have planned quite well in advance. Why is there such a disruption of the schedule then? What about the TUI announcement that other aircraft would step in when another country has problems? Many JAF long haul flights are very heavily delayed during the last two weeks.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

In view of the uncertainties about security in some countries and areas, Jetairfly has decided to further suspend flight to Sharm el-Sheikh and Tunisia at least until the end of the summer season (26 October 2016).

For operational reasons, flights to Marsa Alam (Egypt) and Aqaba (Jordan) are also cancelled for the same period. And since those changes have an influence on the fleet utilisation, the flights from Antwerp to Berlin Tegel will be cancelled from July 2016. Indeed, Jetairfly will need aircraft to increase capacity to summer destinations: Spain (+10%), Italy (+15%), Portugal (+30%) and Bulgaria (+60%).

Also long-haul destinations will see an increase in capacity: Dominican Republic (+20%), Jamaica and Cuba (+30%) and Mexico (+65%).
André
ex Sabena #26567

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

sn26567 wrote:In view of the uncertainties about security in some countries and areas, Jetairfly has decided to further suspend flight to Sharm el-Sheikh and Tunisia at least until the end of the summer season (26 October 2016).

For operational reasons, flights to Marsa Alam (Egypt) and Aqaba (Jordan) are also cancelled for the same period. And since those changes have an influence on the fleet utilisation, the flights from Antwerp to Berlin Tegel will be cancelled from July 2016. Indeed, Jetairfly will need aircraft to increase capacity to summer destinations: Spain (+10%), Italy (+15%), Portugal (+30%) and Bulgaria (+60%).

Also long-haul destinations will see an increase in capacity: Dominican Republic (+20%), Jamaica and Cuba (+30%) and Mexico (+65%).
I wonder how much Turkey is affected with everything that's happening... I'm going to Bodrum in July and am curious what to expect...

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Conti764 wrote: I wonder how much Turkey is affected with everything that's happening... I'm going to Bodrum in July and am curious what to expect...
Last Friday I had a short reunion with someone I know very well from the 5 months that I lived in Istanbul, when I asked about it, he reacted with quite a strange comparison. He compared getting used to spicy food (which makes that eventually you don't really notice anymore that it's spicy) during the time he lived in Asia, with the constant security threat in Turkey. Indicating that for most people there it's not such a major thing. It has been there for a long time (especially in South-East Turkey), but it's only when something happens in Istanbul that suddenly everyone is worried, while most people living there are not that surprised, neither are they more scared now.

I don't think you should be more worried in Bodrum, than you should be in major western European cities for example. And unless the situation really explodes overthere, I will definitely go visit Istanbul again this year, it has been way too long since I left that great city now almost exactly one year ago! ;)

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

And since those changes have an influence on the fleet utilisation, the flights from Antwerp to Berlin Tegel will be cancelled from July 2016
If equipment (737) becomes available from the Tunisia and Egypt destinations,why would they need an E190 from the ANR-TXL route? Or will they increase Spain flights from ANR instead? or add E190destinations from ANR?

Their website says 'suspended' (opgeschort) with regard to the ANR-TXL route. That suggests they may resume this route after the Summer season then?

skumfiduse

Post by skumfiduse »

FLYAIR10 wrote:
And since those changes have an influence on the fleet utilisation, the flights from Antwerp to Berlin Tegel will be cancelled from July 2016
If equipment (737) becomes available from the Tunisia and Egypt destinations,why would they need an E190 from the ANR-TXL route? Or will they increase Spain flights from ANR instead? or add E190destinations from ANR?

Their website says 'suspended' (opgeschort) with regard to the ANR-TXL route. That suggests they may resume this route after the Summer season then?
Something tells me Jetairfly suspended Antwerp-Berlin route last summer as well. At the same time Antwerp-Ibiza was launched during summer. I don't know for sure, though...

Could it be they are just executing quality revenue management? :)

AAI

Post by AAI »

they should replace the ANR BER by a ANR NCE
a typical Antwerp destination
it makes more sense to fly a ANR NCE than a OST NCE

JAFflyer

Post by JAFflyer »

skumfiduse wrote:
FLYAIR10 wrote:

Something tells me Jetairfly suspended Antwerp-Berlin route last summer as well. At the same time Antwerp-Ibiza was launched during summer. I don't know for sure, though...

Could it be they are just executing quality revenue management? :)
Nope, last Summer it was the ANR-MXP flight that needed to make way for the IBZ one.

SLM

Post by SLM »

Any chance to have the 'TUI' boeing 767 on certain european routes in june 2016?
Many thanks.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Hi SLM,

welcome to Luchtzak!

Stij

ostair

Post by ostair »

AAI wrote:they should replace the ANR BER by a ANR NCE
a typical Antwerp destination
it makes more sense to fly a ANR NCE than a OST NCE
Time will tell if the NCE from OST will work.
Last season they had a OST TIA route but it was limited and according to my info the last flight was full. Pity Jetair or EBOS didn't give any trafficnumbers regarding this last minute route(instead of the Tunesia flights).

ANR NCE might work and might be better than the current scheduled ANR SPU.
ANR INN in the winter...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Passenger wrote: OO-JDL had it first flight on 14th Nov 2013, and it joined Jetairfly on 03th Dec 2013.
One may indeed wonder why this C-check comes after a little more than two years, when Boeing specifies C-checks only after three years (vs 18 months for the 767). I asked the question to André Berger, chief of operations at JAF and 787 pilot. His answer: "correct, it is 36 months, unless you put 12.000 cycles on it, which we did in barely more than 24 months."

I guess that the number of triangular flights operated by JAF take their toll on the number of cycles!

André Berger himself is picking up OO-JDL at Luton today.
André
ex Sabena #26567

teach

Post by teach »

sn26567 wrote:
Passenger wrote: OO-JDL had it first flight on 14th Nov 2013, and it joined Jetairfly on 03th Dec 2013.
One may indeed wonder why this C-check comes after a little more than two years, when Boeing specifies C-checks only after three years (vs 18 months for the 767). I asked the question to André Berger, chief of operations at JAF and 787 pilot. His answer: "correct, it is 36 months, unless you put 12.000 cycles on it, which we did in barely more than 24 months."

I guess that the number of triangular flights operated by JAF take their toll on the number of cycles!

André Berger himself is picking up OO-JDL at Luton today.
I find it impossible to believe they put 12.000 cycles on that plane in 24 months. That's 16 cycles per DAY on average. That's more than what Hawaiian put on their 717s that do ultra-short hops between the Hawaiian islands.
12.000 hours I can believe, but 12.000 cycles? No way. Not even close.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

that is indeed impossible.
So andré Berger himself :roll: was wrong