Loop: Brussels Airlines' new frequent flyer programme

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Inquirer

Loop: Brussels Airlines' new frequent flyer programme

Post by Inquirer »

My guess: the launch of a new sort of a reward program or something like that?

Several online advertisements (banners) directed me to this website this morning: http://loop.mvstud.io/contest

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/l ... -loop.aspx

DannyVDB

Re: BRU Winter 2015/2016: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by DannyVDB »

Indeed,

That's also what I found on http://www.demorgen.be/

1000 tickets to win :D

Cheers,
Danny

lumumba

Re: BRU Winter 2015/2016: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by lumumba »

DannyVDB wrote:Indeed,

That's also what I found on http://www.demorgen.be/

1000 tickets to win :D

Cheers,
Danny
I don't find the article about loop in De Morgen.... :-(
Hasta la victoria siempre.

crew1990

Re: Loop: Brussels Airlines' new frequent flyer programme

Post by crew1990 »

This is not about an article, it's about the small publicity on that page

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Indeed ...

And here what is explained on their website ...

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/com/loo ... -loop.aspx

Cheers,
Danny

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

You can take a look at the explenation by the VP Marketing via Periscope

https://t.co/vB2ckmJ0YA

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Look at the press release: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... with-loop/

... and get all the information: http://www.loop.be

In reply to my question, Nathalie Erdmanis (in charge of the loyalty programme) said that airport taxes should still be paid by the traveller, but can be redeemed with "loops".
Nathalie Erdmanis, Vice President Marketing, explaining the features of the new loyalty programme LOOP
Nathalie Erdmanis, Vice President Marketing, explaining the features of the new loyalty programme LOOP
André
ex Sabena #26567

b-west

Post by b-west »

Revenue based programs are getting trendy... I like the simplicity of it, but don't like that there are no status points to be earned.
Those wanting access to a lounge are better off with another program.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

b-west wrote:Revenue based programs are getting trendy... I like the simplicity of it, but don't like that there are no status points to be earned.
The ones that will use this program will not aim for lounge access. Those reall frequent flyers that do want status and lounge access etc. will still be better of with Miles & More. It are two enterirely different customer segments.

Imagine how many additional people they would have to facilitate in the lounges etc. ...

b720

Post by b720 »

Fantastic new loyalty program.. It is targeting those who fly SN on city trips..or maybe business.. few or many segments a year within Europe..Miles and More is only beneficial for those flying numerous long haul segments in business or first, and those collecting miles from their credit cards.. Miles and More is useless for European travel, both redeeming and spending. I think that SN launched a fantastic new system targeting its European travelers, and will certainly become an important factor for many to book on SN rather than on LCC even if the prices of the LCC flights are slighly lower, knowing that after 3 or 4 flights one might be able to book one for free on SN... and the idea of combining the loop miles with EUR to pay for a flight is great.. and pooling up to 5 persons living together under one account... Great for families, couples living together etc.. I think that the new program will definitely be copied by other Star A. airlines in the future..

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

During the press conference, Nathalie Erdmanis underlined two unique features of LOOP as compared to other loyalty programmes:
- no black-out dates (if a seat is available, you'll get it)
- possibility of pooling the "loops" of all the members of a family
André
ex Sabena #26567

LJ

Post by LJ »

sn26567 wrote:During the press conference, Nathalie Erdmanis underlined two unique features of LOOP as compared to other loyalty programmes:
- no black-out dates (if a seat is available, you'll get it)
- possibility of pooling the "loops" of all the members of a family
Though good from a passenger point of view, I wonder how this will affect the bottom line for SN. If "every seat is available" applies, I wonder if this means that SN will give away the seat whereas it could be sold. If the seat availability is part of the yield management system (which I hope for SN) then the "no black-out dates" feature is just a marketing gimmick as one would restrict availabity during the normal black-iut period. Furthermore, how will this go for those in Miles&More? They now have compete with the LOOP participants for the seats on SN, which wouldn't go great with those being in M&M (which are proabbly generating more profit than the LOOP participants).

b-west

Post by b-west »

RoMax wrote:
b-west wrote:Revenue based programs are getting trendy... I like the simplicity of it, but don't like that there are no status points to be earned.
The ones that will use this program will not aim for lounge access. Those reall frequent flyers that do want status and lounge access etc. will still be better of with Miles & More. It are two enterirely different customer segments.

Imagine how many additional people they would have to facilitate in the lounges etc. ...
I don't think anyone is better off with miles and more ;) With its high status thresholds and ridiculous taxes on Award tickets. But yes, this program seems to suit "casual" travelers and families well. I see it as another tool in the fight against the other LCC's at Bru

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

b-west wrote:
RoMax wrote:

I don't think anyone is better off with miles and more ;) With its high status thresholds and ridiculous taxes on Award tickets. But yes, this program seems to suit "casual" travelers and families well. I see it as another tool in the fight against the other LCC's at Bru
But very good for upgrades ....
Hasta la victoria siempre.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

I understand that one is awarded 3 "loops" per euro spent on buying an SN flight.
But I can't find on
http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/l ... ookie=true
how much is 1 "loop" worth, in euros (or eurocents).
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

LJ

Post by LJ »

b720 wrote:I think that the new program will definitely be copied by other Star A. airlines in the future..
Not really. SN copied it probably partially from Germanwings which has already its own FFP called "Boomerang". The only new features seems to be that you can save miles in a group account and that you accrue miles on flights paid in FF points.

b-west

Post by b-west »

airazurxtror wrote:I understand that one is awarded 3 "loops" per euro spent on buying an SN flight.
But I can't find on
http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/l ... ookie=true
how much is 1 "loop" worth, in euros (or eurocents).
I think 100 loop is worth 1 Euro.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

The loops are for each flight without taxes...
So if you pay an average checkandgo flight you will need to spend many flights a year!
Guess a nice empty box...
I will stay with M&M haha

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

b-west wrote: I think 100 loop is worth 1 Euro.
If so, I00 euros spent for an SN flight giving right to 300 loops (in normal operation) are worth 3 euros.
The "loop" system is thus in fact a rebate of 3% (in normal operation).
For instance, you'll get a free 69 euros trip after having paid 34 such trips.
Not bad, and the Brussels Airlines customers sure will appreciate, but I doubt if it's enough to lure the LCC passengers away from easyJet or Ryanair.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

it has already worked with easy jet before look, look at the LGW, LYS and TLS flights :-) For Ryanair and Easyjet, well since they arrive the load factor didn't change, it's even grow "naturally while Ryanair and Vueling has good load factor so it look like we can have a little bit of peace in BRU.