Brussels Airlines future and financial perspective

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

crew1990

Re: Brussels airlines future and financial perspective

Post by crew1990 »

convair wrote:
crew1990 wrote:NA destinations? What does it means?
sn26567 wrote:I guess North American destinations...
Yes, sorry for that "crew1990" and thanks André.
Thank you :D
Last edited by crew1990 on 08 Oct 2015, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Passenger wrote: Let me repeat once again why this switch has been done and why Lufthansa had to reduce Nairobi (from the planned A340 to a 737): traffic to Nairobi has dropped dramaticly since the deadly attack at the Westgate Shopping Centre in Nairobi, in September 2014).
I know that and have said similar things before, but I posted the article and the comment because this clearly shows that they have a very negative perception about this situation in Kenya and the fact that LH first planned A340 and just now downgraded to 737 shows that it is even much worse than they expected. This drop in traffic is not something that happened just over the past months. Clearly LH expected more from NBO despite the situation in the country.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

RoMax wrote:As far as I know they will expand in Africa or maybe North America next summer, but I don't expect it will be NBO.
Let me ask the question (including the LH NBO downgrade) to Lars Redeligx at the upcoming SN press conference ;)
André
ex Sabena #26567

brabel

Post by brabel »

sn26567 wrote:
RoMax wrote:As far as I know they will expand in Africa or maybe North America next summer, but I don't expect it will be NBO.
Let me ask the question (including the LH NBO downgrade) to Lars Redeligx at the upcoming SN press conference ;)
When is that press conference planned?

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

There are rumours about two destinations in Africa for next summer.
Destinations already mentioned in this forum ;)

BOS and YYZ are also rumoured but I have my doubts about that.
Best regards,

Airbuske

Bel33

Post by Bel33 »

Concerning the switch between SN and LH in NBO, I find an article an article in French in Pagtours magazine: "Brussels Airlines is remembered by guests and travel professionals". For André : a question to ask on this strategy at the press conference but not sure it will have an answer ...

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

airbuske wrote:There are rumours about two destinations in Africa for next summer.

Humm rumours about Libreville I guess and which other one ?

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

nordikcam wrote:
airbuske wrote:There are rumours about two destinations in Africa for next summer.

Humm rumours about Libreville I guess and which other one ?
Triangular flight Lagos-Libreville is rumoured

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

That would be great ... But is Accra not the second new destination since thta was not flown in S15?

If it is 'only' Lagos/libreville (that will certainly not be more than 4/w, no?), I assume they could start also Boston and even Montreal if they would have two additional planes (5/w and 4/w respectively).

Very curious to hear/see what happens ...

Danny

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

crew1990 wrote:
Triangular flight Lagos-Libreville is rumoured
Thanks ;)

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

DannyVDB wrote:Very curious to hear/see what happens ...
Same for me! :)

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Hello everybody,
I have been told that the 2 remaining DHC-8-400 in Brussels Airlines livery (G-ECOI,
G-ECOK) will return to Flybe later this month.

I also heard (I'm quite surprised about this) A319 OO-SSD would leave the fleet in April 2016
(or it is only the deadline of the current leasing contract) :?:

Can someone confirm this info?

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

Airbus A330 wrote:Hello everybody,
I have been told that the 2 remaining DHC-8-400 in Brussels Airlines livery (G-ECOI,
G-ECOK) will return to Flybe later this month.

I also heard (I'm quite surprised about this) A319 OO-SSD would leave the fleet in April 2016
(or it is only the deadline of the current leasing contract) :?:

Can someone confirm this info?
the Dash-8's returning to FlyBe wouldn't surprise me as they probably wouldn't be needed during the 'slower' winter months...

I personally don't think SSD would leave the fleet anytime soon since they need the capacity for summer '16 (unless SSD would be replaced by another 319 or 320) so probably 03/2016 would be the end of the current leasing contract and SN will have the option to return the aircraft or to prolong the contract, I personally think SSP is the first 319 to leave since it's also the oldest in the fleet (but that has also been rumoured quite a lot of times and SSP is still flying :p ).

koninckske

Post by koninckske »

Flybe contract extended with 2 years until October 2017. PAS Aviation currently recruiting FOs and Captains for this contract.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

LOS-LBV would be an excellent addition to SN's Africa network, will definitely make money.
These are the huge holes that need to be filled in SN's African network and LOS will also strengthen SN's U.S. and UK routes.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

I just noticed that as official carrier of the Belgian Red Devils football team, Brussels Airlines is not wasting any time to cash in on the special partnership to sell plane tickets with unique ancillary features to France.

Dutch: http://www.brusselsairlines.com/nl-be/m ... rance.aspx
French: http://www.brusselsairlines.com/fr-be/m ... rance.aspx

I guess JUNE 2016 could become another great month for them.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote:
I did ask the question to both Lars Redeligx and Geert Sciot (privately, because it was not the topic of the press conference). The profitability of NBO was becoming bad for SN and Accra seemed a better opportunity (many travellers to ACC from Belgium and The Netherlands). The initial figures for ACC look much better than they were for NBO, thus a good switch for SN (not so sure for LH).
From left to right: Geert Sciot, Chief Communication Officer, Lars Redeligx, Chief Commercial Officer, Nathalie Erdmanis, Vice President Marketing
From left to right: Geert Sciot, Chief Communication Officer, Lars Redeligx, Chief Commercial Officer, Nathalie Erdmanis, Vice President Marketing
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

One important figure was mentioned during the press conference, which I forgot to report yesterday. Brussels Airlines will have transported 7.3 to 7.4 million passengers by the end of 2015 and aims at flying 8 million in 2016, on par with the projections of Ryanair for BRU & CRL combined.

There were 5.7 SN passengers from January to September, which was the best month ever, with 745,466 pax. September 9 was the best day ever, with 27,394 pax.
André
ex Sabena #26567

BAAV

Post by BAAV »

Dear Andre, was something mentioned about profit expectations? I guess this was not the topic of the press meeting but given their passenger growth numbers over last 2 years one would wish SN to make a profit this year. Thanks

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

BAAV wrote:Dear Andre, was something mentioned about profit expectations? I guess this was not the topic of the press meeting but given their passenger growth numbers over last 2 years one would wish SN to make a profit this year. Thanks
Indeed. Not during the press conference, but in private discussions afterwards, it was mentioned that SN expected to be in the black at the end of the fiscal year 2015 (the first profit since 2008).
André
ex Sabena #26567