Ryanair in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RTM

Re: Ryanair in 2015

Post by RTM »

In all fairness, I don't think that that is a Ryanair issue... More a Boeing issue... Allthough, I haven't heard it before that an inner pane comes out during flight, I am sure it has happened before.
I have noticed on the flights that I did on 737's, that the inner pane surround can become a bit loose with age. No big deal, but the pane starts to vibrate a bit, and produces a VERY ANNOYING buzzing sound. Not very loud, if you're not sitting right next to it, you don't hear it. But if you are on the seat next to it, it drives you crazy. So people will try to manipulate the thing a bit to shut it up. Eventually I can immagine one can come loose...

I've noticed it in the past on several 737 aircraft of different operators, allthough Ryanair was among them, I don't think it is an airline issue. They will have to deal with the consequences though...

Lysexpat

Post by Lysexpat »

The inner pane is just like the box of your sunglasses, nothing more nothing less. Protection against scratches and condensation, for passengers comfort.

EDIT: provocative remarks redacted.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

No big deal indeed. Just some plastic cover which got detached.
Just nice to fill the Summer newspapers with, that's all.

EDIT: Off-topic part redacted.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Passenger wrote:
sean1982 wrote:Your point being?
If there was ever a time to start screaming on a plane this was it
Seriously?
Don't ask me - I'm just the messenger of this story that received worldwide coverage, except here so far.

Even media in Turkey and Australia reported it, so why not Luchtzak.be?

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/her-sey/29675986.asp

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-up ... 7463809496
Come on it's just the plastic cover which felt down, it already happened to me in Thomas Cook, but this situation is dangerous as a reading light which is not working!

And they speak about that in Australia lol

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

RTM wrote:In all fairness, I don't think that that is a Ryanair issue... More a Boeing issue... Allthough, I haven't heard it before that an inner pane comes out during flight, I am sure it has happened before.
I have noticed on the flights that I did on 737's, that the inner pane surround can become a bit loose with age. No big deal, but the pane starts to vibrate a bit, and produces a VERY ANNOYING buzzing sound. Not very loud, if you're not sitting right next to it, you don't hear it. But if you are on the seat next to it, it drives you crazy. So people will try to manipulate the thing a bit to shut it up. Eventually I can immagine one can come loose...

I've noticed it in the past on several 737 aircraft of different operators, allthough Ryanair was among them, I don't think it is an airline issue. They will have to deal with the consequences though...
It happened to me on airbus A320

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

It wasnt even a Ryanair plane. It was an air Explore 737-400

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

sean1982 wrote:It wasnt even a Ryanair plane. It was an air Explore 737-400
But it happened as well to Ryanair and all the company, this just a protective plastic cover, it's nothing really.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Let’s put some things straight here.

I posted, without any comment, press reports about an event that made headlines all over the world last week. A quick search brought me to the original source of the event = an article on Metro UK.

Metro UK reports some quotes from passenger Laurence Gibson: “It was the scariest moment of my life” and “I was absolutely hysterical for a while”.

Metro UK played it fair towards Ryanair and Air Explore: Ryanair was allowed to point that it was no safety issue. This is what Metro UK wrote: “A statement from Ryanair said: ‘We note the dislodging of this window reveal (which is used only to protect the window from scratches) and have asked the operator of this lease-in aircraft (Air Explore) to ensure that it does not recur”.

Furthermore, some people here have posted that I wrote “…If there was ever a time to start screaming on a plane this was it…” This is false. I did not wrote that: it is the subtitle that Metro UK used:
http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/30/ryanair-w ... g-5319651/

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Let's steer things back on topic, gentlemen.
There's absolutely no need for childish behaviour. If you insist playing this game, I won't mind sending a few of you to time-out.
Thomas

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Right... You guys had your chance.
I'll allow this topic to cool down a little while, and while I'm at it, clean it up some more too.

Topic cleaned up.
My apologies for the (very) few posts with content that I had to delete, but separating the wheat from the chaff was not exactly easy. Sadly, a lot of chaff was to be found.

Allow me to make this VERY clear: Off-topic posts will be deleted without notice, whether it's in this topic or another.
Discussions about aviation are very much encouraged at luchtzak. The way this discussion has been run over the last few weeks is NOT.
If you want to belittle others, luchtzak is not the place to be.
If you want to talk about politics, luchtzak is not the place to be.
If you want to make provocative posts, luchtzak is not the place to be.
If you want to act like children, luchtzak is not the place to be.
However, if you'd like to have a mature discussion about aviation, while taking the arguments from others into account and responding to them in a polite fashion, you're VERY welcome at luchtzak.

Some of you (know thyself) are coming very close to obtaining a non-optional vacation from luchtzak, keep that in mind.
Thomas

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

KriVa wrote:Some of you (know thyself) are coming very close to obtaining a non-optional vacation from luchtzak, keep that in mind.
Whop! One day (voluntary) vacation for me, and our new moderator cleans up the topic! Good job! I should go on vacation more often (although I probably missed something special here....).
André
ex Sabena #26567

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Let's give this topic another shot.

Just remember: behave, or be gone.
Thomas

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair will show prices for rival airlines when it re-launches its web site this autumn. O'Leary said: "When we launch [the enhanced site] later in the autumn we will have a price comparison service available to passengers so that they can come to Ryanair.com, make a booking, see what's available on rival airlines as well. "We are keen that the major airlines offer a price comparison feature on each other's sites. It's not that we would take a lot of passengers from them - we would supply some traffic to them when Ryanair is full. "I think it is something the big airlines could and should work together on because I think it makes no sense for third-party price comparison websites out there," O'Leary said.
KLM gladly accepts this challenge:
http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/5597/Economie/ar ... ites.dhtml

According to the above article, enemies for Ryanair and KLM are Expedia.nl (trading as intermediate and affiliate) and CheapTickets.nl, a bona fide Dutch travel agency. The Algemeen Dagblad reports: “O’Leary complaints about the lack of transparency and the hidden costs that compare-sites sometimes use”. The Dutch consumer association Consumentenbond isn’t impressed with that statement: “that’s correct, but airlines themselves do this also. We don’t care who runs that new site, as long as it makes things easier and clearer for the consumer. So I wonder if the airlines really can do that, as some of them fail to be correct today”.

Methinks that there is another - and a major - reason why airlines want to create “a new and fair comparison site which makes third-party price comparison website unnecessary”: when booking engines and/or online travel agencies get bookings, they also cash in the ancillary revenue that those bookings generate (like commission on hotels and car rentals).
Last edited by Passenger on 04 Aug 2015, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Actually, I don't if it would be a good think for Ryanair, even if usually the cost are smaller then a normal legacy carier, the difference is not that big, and it can be from time to time even cheaper sometimes.

There are a lot of people looking for the best price who don't even check the other website, thinking Ryanair is ALWAYS cheaper which is not always the case. Those people will realize that from time to time other company can be cheap too.

Now to be honest, I don't think this will be a fair games, I'm sure Ryanair and all the other airlines playing that games will show the number in a way they have better price than the other.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair today (5 Aug) released customer and load factor statistics for July as follows:
• Traffic grew 11% to 10.1m customers.
• Load factor rose 4% points to 95%.
• Rolling annual traffic to July grew 15% to 95.3m customers.
• First airline to carry over 10m intl. customers in one month.

Ryanair’s Kenny Jacobs said:

“Ryanair’s July traffic grew by 11% to 10.1m customers, while our load factor jumped 4% points to 95%. This is the first time ever that any airline has carried over 10m international customers in one calendar month. For example we carried more customers in one month (10.14m in July) than Aer Lingus carried in a whole year (9.77m in 2014).

- See more at: http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... x77lV.dpuf
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The Ryanair website and app will be closed for 5 hours from 22:00hrs on Tuesday 11th August to 03:00hrs on Wednesday 12th August 2015 for a systems upgrade.
Ryanair strongly recommends that customers travelling on Tuesday 11th & Wednesday 12th of August 2015, ensure that they have checked in online and printed their boarding passes by Monday 10th of August 2015.

From 22:00hrs on Tuesday 11th August 2015 until 03:00hrs on Wednesday 12th August 2015 :

- online Check-in not available
- new Bookings cannot be made on Ryanair.com or the Ryanair mobile app
- flight Changes (date/time/route) cannot be made
- review Existing Booking : this service is unavailable

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... r-5-hours/

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair is in talks with International Airlines Group and Aer Lingus and Portugal's TAP about providing feeder flights to their long-haul services, Chief Executive Michael O'Leary told Reuters on Monday.

Under the possible deal, customers would buy their tickets from Aer Lingus, who would take all responsibility for transferring baggage and dealing with any missed connections at Dublin.
I see no reason why it couldn't happen this winter, November, he said.

Talks with IAG relate to possible future long-haul services from Ryanair's hub at Stansted, he said.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/business/a/29228610/

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair is in talks with International Airlines Group and Aer Lingus and Portugal's TAP about providing feeder flights to their long-haul services
That will involve a whole change of corporate culture at Ryanair: they will have to handle connections, baggage transfers, etc. Computer programmes will need to be adapted in depth (I remember the experience of Charleroi airport when Pegasus moved in. Pegasus offers connections in Istanbul SAW, whereas all other airlines present at CRL don't offer connections: the whole IT system of CRL had to be adapted, at a cost!).
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sn26567 wrote: That will involve a whole change of corporate culture at Ryanair: they will have to handle connections, baggage transfers, etc.
Read also the second sentence :
Under the possible deal, customers would buy their tickets from Aer Lingus, who would take all responsibility for transferring baggage and dealing with any missed connections at Dublin.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I did read correctly, but Ryanair cannot simply wash their hands if something goes astray. If someone, for example, buys an Aer Lingus ticket from CRL to JFK via DUB, with Ryanair feeding the transatlantic flight from CRL, there is no Aer Lingus office in CRL, thus Ryanair will have to emit a connexion ticket and print the connection baggage label. If they make a mistake they cannot put the blame (and the work) on Aer Lingus. This will involve a lot of new logistics to be introduced at Ryanair level.

I also wonder what passengers coming from the US on a comfortable wide-body would think of being transported to their final destination in Europe on an LCC.
André
ex Sabena #26567