Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2015

Post by sn26567 »

A Jetairfly plane hit by a boarding stairway at Liege

An aircraft of the Belgian airline Jetairfly was hit by a stairway at Liege International Airport (Belgium) causing the cancellation of the flight and the transfer of the passengers to another airport.

The plane was a Boeing 737-700, flight TB4901, which was to make the connection between Liege International Airport and Rhodes International Airport (Greece) with a number of passengers that has not been mentioned. Boarding was underway, around 6:30 am local time when the airport employees, following a false manoeuvre of the driver, could not prevent the mobile gateway to impinge on the wing of the aircraft, causing some light damage. The company's technicians examined the damage and declared the aircraft unfit to fly.

The passengers were transferred to Brussels International Airport (Belgium) in order to get on another plane of the same company in order to reach their destination and that took off around 22:30. The damaged aircraft will join the maintenance hangars in order to be repaired. An investigation was initiated to determine responsibilities.

Source: crash-aerien.aero
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

They were about one hundred pax going to Rhodes, departure scheduled at 06.50 from Liège, eventually departing 22.30 from Brussels !
http://www.rtl.be/info/regions/liege/l- ... 42800.aspx

Following the above post :

http://www.rtl.be/info/belgique/societe ... 42857.aspx

147 holiday parties Rhodes waited their return flight for 24 hours between Thursday to Friday. It must be said that the aircraft had been hit by a footbridge before taking off from Liège airport. "It is shameful on the part of Jetair," Julia announced on the website of our RTL colleagues.
"We are stuck here in Rhodes from 10am," said Julia, still on the site of our RTL colleagues. "The plane was first delayed by an hour, then two, then four. There it is 1am, we were told a start at 2am that night, but it was again postponed. We are now in a hotel, but we have no information. People are still waiting at the airport, there are babies and elderly people "...

Jetair obviously replied: "At Rhodes, we provided food and drink to travelers waiting," said Florence Bruyère, spokesman Jetair, RTL. "We apologize to our customers, but it really was an exceptional situation that we could not predict."

Already hinting that Jetairfly will refuse any compensation, Bruyère ?
Jetairfly is a small company, the ponctuality is nothing to write home about even when all is normal but when there is an incident, you've had it, there is no back-up aircraft - it's as well to be aware of it ....

IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Oh please. It can happen to any airline no matter how big the fleet. Finding a replacement aircraft is quite different than going to buy 6 eggs in the supermarket. Be happy that they are commited to flying their customers safely instead of hushing things! :roll:

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sean1982 wrote: Be happy that they are commited to flying their customers safely
Safely : perhaps - late : often.
But as for me, I don't give a monkey's : I never fly with them. :lol:

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

airazurxtror wrote:
sean1982 wrote: Be happy that they are commited to flying their customers safely
Safely : perhaps - late : often.
But as for me, I don't give a monkey's : I never fly with them. :lol:
Do you sometimes fly?

Lysexpat

Post by Lysexpat »

sn26567 wrote:
Bel33 wrote:Today, SN 515 (OO-SFZ) to Washington was diverted to Pittsburgh:

2015-07-30
SN515 Pittsburgh (PIT) Washington (IAD) 15:57 EDT 15:54 16:21 EDT Scheduled
2015-07-30
SN515 Brussels (BRU) Washington (IAD) 10:15 CEST 11:03 12:55 EDT Diverted to PIT

For which reason?
Does anyone has an information?
Thunderstorms in Washington area.
Not enough fuel to wait... Dangerous according some Dutch judges!

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:They were about one hundred pax going to Rhodes, departure scheduled at 06.50 from Liège, eventually departing 22.30 from Brussels !
http://www.rtl.be/info/regions/liege/l- ... 42800.aspx
Following the above post :
http://www.rtl.be/info/belgique/societe ... 42857.aspx
147 holiday parties Rhodes waited their return flight for 24 hours between Thursday to Friday. It must be said that the aircraft had been hit by a footbridge before taking off from Liège airport. "It is shameful on the part of Jetair," Julia announced on the website of our RTL colleagues.
"We are stuck here in Rhodes from 10am," said Julia, still on the site of our RTL colleagues. "The plane was first delayed by an hour, then two, then four. There it is 1am, we were told a start at 2am that night, but it was again postponed. We are now in a hotel, but we have no information. People are still waiting at the airport, there are babies and elderly people "...

Jetair obviously replied: "At Rhodes, we provided food and drink to travelers waiting," said Florence Bruyère, spokesman Jetair, RTL. "We apologize to our customers, but it really was an exceptional situation that we could not predict."

Already hinting that Jetairfly will refuse any compensation, Bruyère ?
Jetairfly is a small company, the ponctuality is nothing to write home about even when all is normal but when there is an incident, you've had it, there is no back-up aircraft - it's as well to be aware of it ....
Once again: you are wrong. Therefore, once again this standard reply to your remark that Jetair will refuse any compensation:

To solve the discussion "what are extraordinary circumstances", all European authorities who have to judge on EU-Rule 261/2004 (= the National Enforcement Bodies - for Belgium the CAA / Bestuur der Luchtvaart) have published a non-official list, in April 2013, about what is and what isn't.

Accepted as Extraordinary Circumstance, Unexpected flight safety shortcoming n° 19: "Damage to the aircraft primary or secondary structure (e.g. metallic or composite structure) caused by third parties on the ground prior to the departure of a flight and requiring immediate assessment and/or repair. For example a collision between an airport vehicle and an aircraft".

Source / list:
http://ec.europa.eu/transport/themes/pa ... s-list.pdf

So far for aviation and the compensation. As for the Belgian travel legislation (Reiscontractenwet / Loi Contrat de Voyage) Jetair will reimburse the lost holiday-days from its package clients, as they always do with such events.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:Already hinting that Jetairfly will refuse any compensation, Bruyère ?
Jetairfly is a small company, the punctuality is nothing to write home about even when all is normal but when there is an incident, you've had it, there is no back-up aircraft - it's as well to be aware of it ....
I know personally Florence Bruyère and she really is a charming person. I do believe that Jetairfly did the utmost to help their passengers, and due to extraordinary circumstances, there is no compensation due beyond the usual meals, drinks and hotel rooms.

I was myself once diverted by bad weather on a Jetairfly flight. The company provided hotel rooms and meals at the diversion airport and flew us back to the final destination airport the next day, everything in good humour. Nobody would ever have thought of asking any compensation and was happy with the service provided under these unusual circumstances.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

I am told that there has been a breakdown of the baggage belt system yesterday at Brussels airport - causing quite a few flights to depart without their hold baggages. Not a word in the newspapers this morning; what happened exactly ?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

The crew of SN-3158 MXP-BRU (Milano Malpensa Airport to Brussels Airport) got a fire indication for the cargo hold, apparently when already near BRU.

The Avro RJ100 landed at 16h03 - the fire brigade checked the cargo hold - and the alert was called off.

Pieter Timmermans, CEO VBO/FEB was onboard and tweeted this photo:

https://twitter.com/pietervbo

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Passenger wrote:The crew of SN-3158 MXP-BRU (Milano Malpensa Airport to Brussels Airport) got a fire indication for the cargo hold, apparently when already near BRU.

The Avro RJ100 landed at 16h03 - the fire brigade checked the cargo hold - and the alert was called off.
Story in The Aviation Herald: http://avherald.com/h?article=48a4507c&opt=0
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Last night in Charleroi, the pilot of a tourist plane was unable to lower its landing gear . He managed to land the aircraft on its belly in the end, causing no injuries .
But the debris blocked the runway, paralyzing the airport from 8:25 p.m. to 9:54 p.m. Six aircraft were diverted to Zaventem . They were coming from Madrid, Fez , Manchester, Palma de Mallorca , Budapest and Marseille.
The passengers of the first five planes were carried to Charleroi by bus, while the sixth took off from the airport shortly before midnight to carry its passengers to Charleroi.

http://www.lesoir.be/954297/article/act ... oi-airport

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:Last night in Charleroi, the pilot of a tourist plane was unable to lower its landing gear . He managed to land the aircraft on its belly in the end, causing no injuries. But the debris blocked the runway, paralyzing the airport from 8:25 p.m. to 9:54 p.m. Six aircraft were diverted to Zaventem. They were coming from Madrid, Fez , Manchester, Palma de Mallorca , Budapest and Marseille. The passengers of the first five planes were carried to Charleroi by bus, while the sixth took off from the airport shortly before midnight to carry its passengers to Charleroi.
http://www.lesoir.be/954297/article/act ... oi-airport
From that article in Le Soir: "...On a tourné environ 20 minutes autour de Brussels Airport, mais on y a finalement atterri pour que notre avion puisse faire le plein car on risquait de ne plus avoir d’essence. Nous sommes restés bloqués plus d’une heure dans l’avion en attendant de repartir vers Charleroi. On n’avait pas le droit de sortir car, apparemment, ils n’avaient pas reçu l’autorisation de nous faire sortir à Zaventem… », nous a confié Caroline Bordecq, une de nos journalistes présente dans l’avion en provenance de Marseille..."

Is it normal that Brussels Airport didn't gave them authorisation to deboard in Brussels?

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

Perhaps operations didn't give them such an authorization ?

simulator

Post by simulator »

On 3 of the diverted planes the passengers were deplaned in BRU, taken to terminal and bussed to CRL. The aircraft returned empty to CRL later during the night.
On 2 of the diverted planes passengers were left on board, aircraft were refueled and taken asap back to CRL.
This was an operational / commercial decision by FR Dublin...no more info available...

Stij

Post by Stij »

Passenger wrote: From that article in Le Soir: "...On a tourné environ 20 minutes autour de Brussels Airport, mais on y a finalement atterri pour que notre avion puisse faire le plein car on risquait de ne plus avoir d’essence. Nous sommes restés bloqués plus d’une heure dans l’avion en attendant de repartir vers Charleroi. On n’avait pas le droit de sortir car, apparemment, ils n’avaient pas reçu l’autorisation de nous faire sortir à Zaventem… », nous a confié Caroline Bordecq, une de nos journalistes présente dans l’avion en provenance de Marseille..."

Is it normal that Brussels Airport didn't gave them authorisation to deboard in Brussels?
Imagine some want to disembark, others not, sorting out the luggage etc. everybody is much faster at home if all stay on board...

I agree with FR's decision.

Cheers,

Stij

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

in the past they use LGG for diversions... looks a lot more flexible to me ...
Bus time is almost the same... (41min LGG-CRL, 46min BRU-CRL (without trafic))
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Acid-drop wrote:in the past they use LGG for diversions... looks a lot more flexible to me ...
Bus time is almost the same... (41min LGG-CRL, 46min BRU-CRL (without trafic))
But now FR has a base at BRU, which makes it easier for them to divert there.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Stij wrote:Imagine some want to disembark, others not, sorting out the luggage etc. everybody is much faster at home if all stay on board...

Yes, but the article said that it was not Ryanair's decision, but from the airport: ...On n’avait pas le droit de sortir car, apparemment, ils n’avaient pas reçu l’autorisation de nous faire sortir à Zaventem…", nous a confié Caroline Bordecq, une de nos journalistes présente dans l’avion en provenance de Marseille...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote:
Stij wrote:Imagine some want to disembark, others not, sorting out the luggage etc. everybody is much faster at home if all stay on board...

Yes, but the article said that it was not Ryanair's decision, but from the airport: ...On n’avait pas le droit de sortir car, apparemment, ils n’avaient pas reçu l’autorisation de nous faire sortir à Zaventem…", nous a confié Caroline Bordecq, une de nos journalistes présente dans l’avion en provenance de Marseille...
It doesnt say that the airport didnt give authorisation to do so. Airports dont make such decisions, airline operations departements do. The fact that 1 airplane did disembark proves this