Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

lumumba

Re: BRU infrastructure: future

Post by lumumba »

Ok but Schiphol is one of the best Airports in the world.
Brussels is not in the same league !!!!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

BRU is an airport so much complicated ! :-)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Some random news:

* at the end or the year, a new European tender will be released for the extension of A pier West.

* The power units who are used now at the airport when an aircraft arrived at its parking space will all be renewed. One of the important requests and conditions is that those power units can also serve the A350 and A380 aircraft.

Also other big infrastructure works are on the table but cannot be released at this moment.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Atlantis wrote:
* at the end or the year, a new European tender will be released for the extension of A pier West.
Hi Atlantis,

For its design or its construction?

Cheers,

Stij

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Atlantis wrote:Some random news:

That's excellent news, as the Pier is saturated in the morning due to Brussels Airlines explosive growth.
Bus boarding from the crowded ground floor gates is no fun, let me tell you that as a very frequent user of your airport infrastructure!

I hope the other projects are linked to car parking and public transport accessibility, other major issues the airport faces right now.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Inquirer wrote:
Atlantis wrote:Some random news:

That's excellent news, as the Pier is saturated in the morning due to Brussels Airlines explosive growth.
Bus boarding from the crowded ground floor gates is no fun, let me tell you that as a very frequent user of your airport infrastructure!

I hope the other projects are linked to car parking and public transport accessibility, other major issues the airport faces right now.
Dear Inquirer,

Many cases are linked with each other. Indeed, public transport, accessibility of the airport itself, parking towers are all huge cases for the next coming years. Bear in mind that it takes a huge time between the negociations and the first stone of the extension of the A Pier West.

But the airport will change, that's for sure.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

I know Atlantis, and I am very pleased with the evolution, both as a user as well as an aviation lover.
I only wished it had been done earlier.
For years BRU has been trying to turn itself into a hub, and then when it finally becomes one, it hits capacity restrictions so soon already?!
Somehow it gives the impression of having had the wrong priorities, having overestimated the residual capacity, or maybe less damaging for the management of BRU: being overwhelmed by the growth of the home carrier.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Inquirer wrote:I know Atlantis, and I am very pleased with the evolution, both as a user as well as an aviation lover.
I only wished it had been done earlier.
For years BRU has been trying to turn itself into a hub, and then when it finally becomes one, it hits capacity restrictions so soon already?!
Somehow it gives the impression of having had the wrong priorities, having overestimated the residual capacity, or maybe less damaging for the management of BRU: being overwhelmed by the growth of the home carrier.
The BRU management at this moment, which is doing a great job together witht the whole BRU community, sees now the difficulties and problems caused by decisions in the past. So this management cannot be blamed anything. Together with the most important shareholder they are doing the things case by case and this in all different areas. That's why you can see now a lot of development at the airport. But of course, BRU needed also a very strong home carrier and SN is proven now that together they can do it. Both need each other very badly. So let us see the things on a good and postitive way which you also do ;)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Stij wrote:
Atlantis wrote:
Hi Atlantis,

For its design or its construction?

Cheers,

Stij
It depend on the tender. Or it is a tender for everything or it can be a tender for diferent "lots". A lot for the architecture, construction, etc. So more at the end of the year it will be more clear.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

I assume (hope actually) a Western expansion will feature the same basic design as the current concourse...?

Stij

Post by Stij »

Atlantis wrote:
It depend on the tender. Or it is a tender for everything or it can be a tender for diferent "lots". A lot for the architecture, construction, etc. So more at the end of the year it will be more clear.
Thanks Atlantis!

Stij

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The current remote stands in the direction of A Pier West are lately congested. Ryanair, Easyjet, SN and many other companies are using them so frequently that the area is totally full.

A new place has to be searched for them. The remote stands at the satellite (where the Hainan, Ethiopian and United are parked) and between the satellite and Jetport can be used much more

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Very soon a new big project on the landside of Brussels Airport will be announced. Not directly something to do with aviation but something with prestige.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi Atlantis,

You make me curious:
- New hotel complex
- New parking facilities
- New office space

?

Cheers,
Danny

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Soon Danny ;)

Lysexpat

Post by Lysexpat »

A new taxiway, connecting 07L and 07R thresholds??

Atco EBBR

Post by Atco EBBR »

Forget it. We have lost 3 taxiways already, that's clearly not where the priorities lie...

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

As Atlantis said "landside" and "not directly something to do with aviation", we can exclude everything related to runways and taxiways.

I guess it will be a (luxury?) airport hotel. ;)

shockcooling

Post by shockcooling »

Brussels Airport Plaza like Schiphol?
Trainstation + metro station for more links from and to?

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

I hope it's something practical foremost: seeing how overloaded the parking buildings constantly are in the wake of the boom of home carrier Brussels Airlines and how rudimentary the public transport facilities only are at present, it would be fantastic if BRU would commit to building some sort of a metro, tram and busstation worthy of that name.
I am very curious, I admit! :)