Ryanair in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Re: Ryanair in 2015

Post by Passenger »

b-west wrote:It is pointless to make these comparisons. Every airline will have cheaper tickets than another one at a certain point and vice versa... You're all behaving like little trolls here. Grow up will ya.

"But he started..." I frankly don't care who started, the fact is that you're all too eager to continue the mudslinging and the childish mine is bigger than yours arguments.
The discussion "Ryanair is cheaper / Ryanair is not cheaper" is indeed repeated quite often, but it is one of the basic arguments nowadays. So I think they are relevant.

Actually, you've just joined the discussion, and I agree with you here:
b-west wrote:Every airline will have cheaper tickets than another one at a certain point and vice versa...

b-west

Post by b-west »

Passenger wrote: Actually, you've just joined the discussion, and I agree with you here:
b-west wrote:Every airline will have cheaper tickets than another one at a certain point and vice versa...
I'd rather think this proofs the useless nature of going on and on and on about this...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

The mayor of Copenhagen now also forbits his 45.000 municipal workers to fly Ryanair for their job. "Social dumping is a disgrace in our Copenhagen. We demand to all who suppliers that they offer their employees decent wages and working conditions", mayor Frank Jensen said.

http://www.abcnyheter.no/reise/2015/05/ ... ed-ryanair

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The mayor of Copenhagen has banned all 45,000 city employees from flying with Ryanair for official business, even if Ryanair tickets are the cheapest option.

Robin Kiely of Ryanair commented on the claims : 'We are surprised at Mayor Jensen's inaccurate comments, which don't take into account of the fact that Ryanair's pilots and cabin crew enjoy high pay, job security and already have a collective agreement with Ryanair.
'We are also surprised at his boycott call when all Ryanair flights in Copenhagen are being handled by workers who are represented by Danish unions.'

Ryanair's Ronan O'Keeffe responded to allegations explaining that Jensen's decision was also a means to give preferential to SAS - a Scandinavian airline partially owned by the Danish state - at a time when SAS is cutting flights, closing routes, cutting pensions, cutting pay and cutting jobs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trave ... z3aUyzDBls
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

danieln

Post by danieln »

Passenger wrote: "Social dumping is a disgrace in our Copenhagen. We demand to all who suppliers that they offer their employees decent wages and working conditions", mayor Frank Jensen said.

http://www.abcnyheter.no/reise/2015/05/ ... ed-ryanair
To be honest, I don't completely understand the whole problem. Why do they talk about social dumping? We live in a society where everyone is free to choose where he or she works. If someone is not happy with his salary or with the conditions, he is free to quit and look for another job.
The same goes for companies. If they feel that airlines from other EU countries have cheaper cost bases because of different legislations, they are free to move to that other country and employ on a cheaper basis. Or do I miss something here?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

danieln wrote:
Passenger wrote: "Social dumping is a disgrace in our Copenhagen. We demand to all who suppliers that they offer their employees decent wages and working conditions", mayor Frank Jensen said.
To be honest, I don't completely understand the whole problem. Why do they talk about social dumping? We live in a society where everyone is free to choose where he or she works. If someone is not happy with his salary or with the conditions, he is free to quit and look for another job. The same goes for companies. If they feel that airlines from other EU countries have cheaper cost bases because of different legislations, they are free to move to that other country and employ on a cheaper basis. Or do I miss something here?
Don't ask me. I'm not defending this Nordic social system.

All I do, is reporting that Ryanair is facing serious troubles with it start up at Copenhagen.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Passenger wrote: All I do, is reporting that Ryanair is facing serious troubles with it start up at Copenhagen.
Serious trouble because the mayor of Copenhagen has banned all 45,000 city employees from flying with Ryanair for official business ?
The vast majority of those 45.000 people is made of policemen, teachers, office clerks, street cleaners, garbage collectors and such : very few - if any - of them are likely to be sent abroad on official business. Those who go are the fat cats at the top, like Frank Jensen himself; but they most probably are accustomed to travel in luxury and would not fly with Ryanair even if the Ryanair cabin crew were paid like Kings.
Much ado about nothing !

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:Much ado about nothing !
The decision from the Copenhagen mayor is so "nothing" that even Trends/Tendances now reports it:

http://trends.knack.be/economie/bedrijv ... 71415.html

http://trends.levif.be/economie/entrepr ... 95655.html

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Not all Danish mayors have taken leave of their senses :

http://cphpost.dk/news/jutland-mayors-b ... r-ban.html

A number of mayors in Jutland have responded with bewilderment to the move [of the Copenhagen Mayor], Berlingske reports. “We don’t go in for rules like that, even though we could,” Egon Fræhr, the mayor of Vejen, told the newspaper.
“Ryanair is a company like any other. We pay tribute to the free market, and that’s that.”
As well as being opposed to a Ryanair ban as a matter of principle, Fræhr explained it would pose practical difficulties for municipal employees in parts of Jutland being forced to boycott the airline.
“If we wanted to fly from Billund to Brussels, for example, we wouldn’t be able to if we didn’t fly with Ryanair,” he said.
Other Jutland mayors, such as Vejle’s Arne Sigtenbjerggaard, share Fræhr’s amazement at Jensen’s policy.
“I wouldn’t dream of interfering with that,” he said. “We have no particular policy with regard to Ryanair.”

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

I regret to notice that FR is becoming very greedy on their high season fares.
I'm trying to book several flights CRL to AHO or CAG for business + leisure trips this summer and I'm being presented with return fares above 300 euro's return, since March.

With AZ my trip would be the same durationas it saves me the 2 hour train + tec trip to CRL at 15 euro's each way, I would have checked luggage allowance and it would be cheaper by 40% even on a fare to fare basis, without counting the train + tec ticket.
A free drink on both flights, free luggage and choice of schedule are als onotable advantages.

So keep comparing people!
If FR start getting greedy, they're going to lose a lot of loyal customers who would never have considered the alternative. I'm an open-minded passenger!

I also think that their new numbered seat system takes forever to board and I can no longer choose where I sit. If you ask me, FR has started its deadly descent and should get back to their original business model quickly.

If they don't offer low fares, free seating and on-time arrivals, they have no reason to exist for me!

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Maybe not for you, but 91.9m passengers and an Increase in LF with 7% (to 91%) seem to think differently ;)

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair, Europe’s favourite airline, today (19 May) released its April customer service statistics which confirm that Ryanair is Europe’s No 1 customer service airline with:
• 90% of over 52,000 flights arriving on-time
• Less than 1 complaint per 1,000 passengers (up slightly due to the French ATC strikes)
• Less than 1 bag complaint per 2,000 passengers
• Over 99% of all complaints answered within 7 days.

- See more at: http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... u7dA9.dpuf

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair, Europe’s favourite airline, today (19 May) released its April customer service statistics which confirm that Ryanair is Europe’s No 1 customer service airline with:
• Less than 1 complaint per 1,000 passengers (up slightly due to the French ATC strikes)
April fool ?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

You wish :D

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair, Europe’s favourite airline, today (19 May) released its April customer service statistics which confirm that Ryanair is Europe’s No 1 customer service airline with:

- See more at: http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... u7dA9.dpuf
With all due respect, but it doesn't say much.
- On-time performance is helped by large degree of operations on secondary airports (less congestion delays, which is a MAJOR factor whatever some might think), FR doesn't delay flights if for e.g. large groups of transfer pax, etc.

- Less than 1 complaint per 1,000 pax? Fine, ever tried to send an official complaint to FR, not worth the hassle in most cases.

- Less than 1 bag complaint per 2,000 pax? Fine, but FR has no transfer bags (by far the biggest reason for mishandled baggage) and how many bags do they have per 2,000 pax? This number does not only has to be put in perspective, it is just worthless (you have to compare mishandled bags per XXXX bags).

- 99% of complaints answered within 7 days? Fine, but what does 'answered' mean... FR is good in choosing the right words.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

No need to argue here, Romax is 100 percent right !!!

I tried to complain and I received indeed an answer within 48h !
Was it positive ? No,... lots of blablabla... not their responsibility and try to get your 'right' as an EU-civilian... will make you go crazy, I give up.. and that was just what FR wanted and was trying to...

But for a 40 euro return flight I won't make that hassle when you know you will have to wait months and do all the hassle...

With other companies they will be more friendly and you will get your rights ( compensations ).

You get what you pay for... pay peanuts fly monkeys... :)

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

RoMax wrote: With all due respect, but it doesn't say much.
- On-time performance is helped by large degree of operations on secondary airports (less congestion delays, which is a MAJOR factor whatever some might think), FR doesn't delay flights if for e.g. large groups of transfer pax, etc.
Not really true. FR ops at primary airports are quite a bit more than 10% at this stage. So even if (which is not the case) those 10% of flights that were not on time where flights out of primary airports, than still a large proportion WHERE on time
- Less than 1 complaint per 1,000 pax? Fine, ever tried to send an official complaint to FR, not worth the hassle in most cases.
Yes, very simple. Go onto the website, give in your details and send your complaint. Couldnt be easier
- Less than 1 bag complaint per 2,000 pax? Fine, but FR has no transfer bags (by far the biggest reason for mishandled baggage) and how many bags do they have per 2,000 pax? This number does not only has to be put in perspective, it is just worthless (you have to compare mishandled bags per XXXX bags).
That's not even a point. Again, in primary airports bags get lost easily. Next time i walk around in BRU airside I will count how many bags I can find lying around the apron.
99% of complaints answered within 7 days? Fine, but what does 'answered' mean... FR is good in choosing the right words.
Getting an answer doesnt always mean it's the answer you like. At least you get one, i've send complaints to other airlines (and companies) and never even received an answer. And please tell me, which company isnt good with words?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sean1982 wrote:
Not really true. FR ops at primary airports are quite a bit more than 10% at this stage. So even if (which is not the case) those 10% of flights that were not on time where flights out of primary airports, than still a large proportion WHERE on time
It's not like every flight at a primary airport is delayed either. My argument is still valid, punctuality at secondary airports is much better in general and this is still a huge part of the FR operation. In addition to what I earlier said, they don't have to worry about transfer passengers either and due to one a/c type, simplified turnaround process and few luggage, this all makes LCC operations less sensitive for delays (in addition to pressure, direct or indirect, on staff to perform on time, although that's not unique to FR either).
sean1982 wrote:
That's not even a point. Again, in primary airports bags get lost easily. Next time i walk around in BRU airside I will count how many bags I can find lying around the apron.
That's really no answer. Again, biggest reason for mishandled luggage is transfer. The second thing might be busy airports indeed (where FR is expanding also, no?!). But still the figure FR gives is useless, you compare bags with bags, not bags with pax if many/the majority is not taking bags.
sean1982 wrote: Getting an answer doesnt always mean it's the answer you like. At least you get one, i've send complaints to other airlines (and companies) and never even received an answer. And please tell me, which company isnt good with words?
[/quote]
FR hardly ever gives the answer you need and they should give. All airlines try to sneak out of R261 when it comes to compensating pax., but FR is quite a champion. Sending everyone a standard reply within 7 days is not an achievement.

And true, all airlines are good with words, but FR even more. Some examples, they quote ACI Europe when saying every million pax generates about 1000 jobs, that's true, but they 'forget' to mention that ACI states that in case of LCC ops this usually is about 20-25% lower. They also still use punctuality data from AEA to compare with network carriers, dat which is at least more than 5 years old because AEA is no longer collecting, processing or publishing such data of their members and they are not doing this anymore since many years.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

So basically what you are saying is that because FR is operating according to an LCC model they have no right of communicating their statistics based upon the fact that the model is more simple than a transfer-model?

They are good at what they do, and on many levels outperform competitors who are running the same model.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Yes Sean they are good at what they do except that they are now starting to charge the same fares as their competitors or even higher fares.

I mean come on... I see fares of 250 Euro's one way for 2 hour flights, 2 months ahead of departure, where the average used to be around 40 Euro's in the past 5 years.

I said that I was ok with a slight increase in fares, but FR have increased their fares very significantly while their main cost centre, ie fuel cost, has gone down. This is a bit ridiculous and while they will see a temporary increase as passengers take time to adjust, I'm seeing it going downhill from here.

I've used FR plenty in the past years for intra-EU travel, almost exclusively.
However, now they are forcing me to consider other options and have stretched my "travel-by-car" range to new limits.

If they continue on this path, they will not only be facing tough competition from the legacies who downgrade services for lower fares, but new LCC's are going to pop up and challenge their LCC status.