Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

crew1990

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by crew1990 »

The OO-SSP haven't been retrofited

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

crew1990 wrote:The OO-SSP haven't been retrofited
OK I thought I saw a post in the thread saying that SSP had been retrofitted. My mistake...
Will SSP be replaced by another A319 in september of after the winter season 15-16?

SFM

Post by SFM »

Not really about 'fleet renewal', but skyliner-aviation mentions that OO-SNB was ferried on 04MAR to OSR "for paint into special Tintin comic cs"
http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.main?LC=nav4

convair

Post by convair »

Newest addition OO-SSI arrived BRU yesterday evening from SNN.

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

OO-SNB will be flown back to BRU after it's paintjob in tintin livery

Source : http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.main?LC=nav4

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

arrived this morning at 00:33 according to http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/oo-snb/

very clever to arrive during night time so no one could take pictures until tomorrow
Citybird
The flying dream

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

OO-SNB will fly tomorrow BRU-TLS-BRU and BRU-MAD.
Best regards,

Airbuske

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Indeed...

BRU-TLS-BRU
ETD 1550 local at BRU
ETA 2000 local at BRU

BRU-MAD
ETD 2105 local at BRU
Thomas

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

crew1990 wrote:I heard the special livery would be on a A320

By the way, OO-TCQ will become OO-SNE or OO-SNH
Any news about the arrival of this 7th A320 for SN ? Thx !

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

crew1990 wrote:I heard today that OO-SSP will be staying for the summer but then will live in September, in the mean time I heard a 9th A330 will be joining the fleet
9th A330 joining ! Great ! Any news about it's origin ? Thx !

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

nordikcam wrote:
crew1990 wrote:I heard today that OO-SSP will be staying for the summer but then will live in September, in the mean time I heard a 9th A330 will be joining the fleet
9th A330 joining ! Great ! Any news about it's origin ? Thx !
not yet confirmed ... they also need a replacement for the aging OO-SFM which suffered from an engine stall at ACC airport
Citybird
The flying dream

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

CTBke wrote: not yet confirmed ... they also need a replacement for the aging OO-SFM which suffered from an engine stall at ACC airport
They better search for 3 replacements then, OO-SFN, OO-SFM and OO-SFO are the same age, they were all build in 1993 and delivered between dec '93 and mar '94 to Air Inter. All have GE CF6-80E1 engines while the others all have Pratt's (PW 4168A's to be precise) hanging on their wings.

RTM

Post by RTM »

CTBke wrote: not yet confirmed ... they also need a replacement for the aging OO-SFM which suffered from an engine stall at ACC airport
Please note that engine problems have NOTHING to do with the age of the aircraft.

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

Indeed... those engines are younger then the frame itself so it's certainly not related + I don't have the impression that the "aged" planes are having more technicals then other ones however unfortunatly last week we had FM,FZ and FN having some troubles but all these frames are up and running smoothly again.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

I know of two VC-25s that are older than that, and apparently the Boss of the World Company find these reliable enough to continue flying with them... ;)

H.A.

SFM

Post by SFM »

Bralo20 wrote:
They better search for 3 replacements then, OO-SFN, OO-SFM and OO-SFO are the same age, they were all build in 1993 and delivered between dec '93 and mar '94 to Air Inter. All have GE CF6-80E1 engines while the others all have Pratt's (PW 4168A's to be precise) hanging on their wings.
SFV and SFW are also already 20 yrs old, so better make that 5 replacements in the short-to-medium term future. Though the recent troubles with engine stall are not related to the age of the aircraft, it's needless to say they won't be flying forever. I have some fond memories on these birds (SFM was the very first plane I ever remember setting foot on, hence the username ;) ), but I would be very surprised if SN (and LH) management are not looking out for replacements already.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

you're right guys but instead of investing in new engines which costs fortunes they better loon out for replacement aircrafts hopefully Lufthansa and SN look forward to calculate newer A330 before it's too late.. the airframes are 20 years old like said so time to look on the A330 or maybe A340 market, Emirates is about to sell their -300
Citybird
The flying dream

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

CTBke wrote:you're right guys but instead of investing in new engines which costs fortunes they better loon out for replacement aircrafts hopefully Lufthansa and SN look forward to calculate newer A330 before it's too late.. the airframes are 20 years old like said so time to look on the A330 or maybe A340 market, Emirates is about to sell their -300
Already mentioned it before but KLM will start phasing out their A330 fleet at the end of the year. It might be a good fit for SN. A/C are not too old and KL has around 12 of them, if I am not wrong.

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

KLM's 330's would indeed be a perfect fit for SN so perhaps one of those could come in to the fleet (if KL doesn't just transfer them to AF),but a340's on the other hand just won't enter the fleet since they are not very cost friendly anymore (hence why most airlines are phasing them out)

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Homo Aeroportus wrote:I know of two VC-25s that are older than that, and apparently the Boss of the World Company find these reliable enough to continue flying with them... ;)

H.A.
I don't think you can compare the 2 VC-25's with any other plane in the world, even when those retire in a couple of years they'll be virtually brand new even though they'll be arround 30 years old.

:-)