Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by sn26567 »

Thus, OO-SSI had the high-density configuration necessitating double exits above the wingw (like the former easyJet planes). I hope they have changed the interior too!
André
ex Sabena #26567

b-west

Post by b-west »

Kuifje! Or Tintin! SN posted a message concerning a big Tintin related event on their facebook page on march 16. So I guess we know what the special livery will be about.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Bingo!
André
ex Sabena #26567

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

;-)

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

So I take that is as good as a confirmation that indeed they are going to paint it in Kuifje/Tintin colours?
I know the owners of Kuifje/Tintin are notoriously difficult to deal with when it comes to using any of the well known vintage images like for instance the famous red/white space rocket.
Will not have been an easy deal to strike with them, but I am very curious to see the result on the plane for sure! What plane is it going to be on?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Inquirer wrote:I know the owners of Kuifje/Tintin are notoriously difficult to deal with when it comes to using any of the well known vintage images like for instance the famous red/white space rocket.
Will not have been an easy deal to strike with them
The 16 March event is organised jointly by SN and "Moulinsart" (the heirs of Hergé, owners of the image). Hence I guess both will find an interest in having the image of Tintin on an aircraft (which is currently in Shannon for painting).
André
ex Sabena #26567

SFM

Post by SFM »

sn26567 wrote:(which is currently in Shannon for painting).
(soon to be) OO-SSI, which is currently in SNN, is not painted in any special livery, as already posted in this forum:
crew1990 wrote:In the mean time, OO-SSi is almost ready in Shannon :-)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/16459505067/
However, in this topic (https://www.aviation24.be/forums/viewtopic ... 21&t=55750) it is mentioned that the Thomas Cook OO-TCQ was ferried to DUB in preparation for delivery to SN. I guess this one will have the special livery then?

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I heard the special livery would be on a A320

By the way, OO-TCQ will become OO-SNE or OO-SNH

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

crew1990 wrote:By the way, OO-TCQ will become OO-SNE or OO-SNH
I thought that, within the same country, a registration could not change.

Anyway it would be strange to see an SN aircraft carrying a TC registration, although in the past Sabena aircraft did not always start with an S after the OO-.
André
ex Sabena #26567

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

We'll see then :-)

So OO-SSI will join the fleet soon, OO-TCQ will should be ready quite soon too, but what about the 19th A319 witch should come for the summer too, and does there is anything else to come before the summer?

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

sn26567 wrote:
crew1990 wrote:By the way, OO-TCQ will become OO-SNE or OO-SNH
I thought that, within the same country, a registration could not change.

Anyway it would be strange to see an SN aircraft carrying a TC registration, although in the past Sabena aircraft did not always start with an S after the OO-.
Registrations can change within a country, there's no problem or legal issue with that.

However, it's common practice to re-issue a registration if the same plane is re-registered with a company it has a previous history with if that registration is available. This is the reason why former Sabena planes got their old registration when they entered Brussels Airlines' fleet after years of absence. If I remember correctly the DIV "protects" a registration (for the use with other companies) for 10 years after it was scrapped, after that period any company can claim that registration if they want.

teach

Post by teach »

crew1990 wrote:We'll see then :-)

So OO-SSI will join the fleet soon, OO-TCQ will should be ready quite soon too, but what about the 19th A319 witch should come for the summer too, and does there is anything else to come before the summer?
19th A319? I thought there were only going to be 18, i.e. two more than last year?

BTW: 'does there is' is not correct English. It's 'is there'.

shockcooling

Post by shockcooling »

What about stickers put on overnight... sounds more logical than repainting?

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

The livery on the aircraft will actually be painted, not stickered on.
Thomas

Ricard

Post by Ricard »

Will former A320, OO-TCQ be the first 180 seater for SN ?

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I heard today that OO-SSP will be staying for the summer but then will live in September, in the mean time I heard a 9th A330 will be joining the fleet

teach

Post by teach »

crew1990 wrote:I heard today that OO-SSP will be staying for the summer but then will live in September, in the mean time I heard a 9th A330 will be joining the fleet
Any idea on when that A330 is supposed to be joining the fleet?

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

teach wrote:
crew1990 wrote:I heard today that OO-SSP will be staying for the summer but then will live in September, in the mean time I heard a 9th A330 will be joining the fleet
Any idea on when that A330 is supposed to be joining the fleet?
My personal guess would be it would join before the summer because that is the busiest period of the year and there are quiet some cabin crew members getting their conversion course for A330 altough quiet frankly I'm not sure if it has to do with a new 330 or not because some say it's just because there are ccm's reverting from mixed fleet to only medium haul flights ...

Perhaps my colleague crew1990 knows more :)

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

I would find it strange that SSP has been retrofitted with a new cabin and then to be redrawn from the fleet in September...

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

SSP still has the old layouts of seats and its obvious that it will leave the fleet as the parts are hard to find (1st generation A319)
Citybird
The flying dream