Ryanair in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

airazurxtror

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by airazurxtror »

Lufthansa may soon face competition at its second biggest hub, Munich, from low-cost carrier Ryanair, a German magazine reported.
"We will come to all your large airports except Frankfurt," Ryanair marketing head Kenny Jacobs told Wirtschaftswoche magazine in an article released ahead of publication on Monday.

"We just recently held talks in Munich and the only thing really missing is suitable takeoff slots," Jacobs said.
Ryanair is working to build out its network to include major airports to attract higher-paying business customers. The airline aims to add 20 such airports to its destinations by 2017, Jacobs said.

Read more :
http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1418601000.html
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair is to launch its first flights to Aéroport de Lorient Bretagne Sud, with a new twice weekly link from its base in the Portuguese city of Porto staring from April 4, 2015. The airport serves as an active French Navy Base under the name Base Aéronavale de Lann Bihoué.
The new link will be the only scheduled international link from Lorient to the Mediterranean and will see the Irish carrier generate an estimated 18,000 passengers per year to Lorient.

Alongside the new route to Lorient, Ryanair has this past week also confirmed it has further extended its London Stansted summer 2015 schedule with the return of a route to Deauville, which will operate twice weekly from April 3, 2015.

Read more :
http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/bre ... in-france/

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair added 3 new routes to its Athens Summer 2015 schedule, to/from Budapest, Bratislava & Santorini.
Ryanair’s extended Athens Summer 2015 schedule will deliver:
• 1 new based aircraft (4 in total)
• 6 new routes: Budapest, Bratislava, Santorini (2 x daily), Brussels, Rome & Warsaw
• 12 Athens routes in total
• 161 weekly return flights
Greek customers will enjoy a new Greek website.

- See more at: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... santorini/

During a presentation of the new routes, however, Ryanair Chief Commercial Officer David O’ Brien expressed objections to a decision by Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF) to give the concession for Greece’s regional airports to the Fraport-Slentel consortium, saying this would make them more expensive and less attractive to travelers due to higher charges.
According to O’ Brien, Fraport would “capture the keys” to Greece’s islands and make profits without caring how many passengers pass through airports.
He said that he had sent repeated letters to the Greek government proposing a reduction in airport taxes in exchange for higher passenger traffic without receiving any reply.
“They must choose: tax without passengers or passengers without tax,” he added, noting that Athens International Airport was one of the most expensive airports in Ryanair’s network and had only 60 international routes, compared with Dublin’s 120 and Stansted’s 130. (source: ana-mpa) -

See more at: http://greece.greekreporter.com/2014/12 ... B8nZ6.dpuf

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Michael O'Leary, the controversial chief executive of Ryanair, claims that his airline now dominates Europe – and has outperformed all other organisations in unifying the Continent.

The Ryanair boss was speaking exclusively to The Independent about the two decades since he took over in 1994. Today the airline carries more passengers than any other European airline, with a quarter-million people flying each day. Ryanair stock has surged by 58 per cent in a year, valuing the airline at three times its nearest "legacy" rival, Lufthansa. And besides making prodigious returns for investors, including himself, Mr O’Leary believes his airline has broken down barriers across Europe.
“No company has done more in the last 20 or 30 years to boost the process of European integration than Ryanair,” he said.

The airline’s new headquarters north of Dublin airport also represents a transformation. Ryanair has moved from a scruffy 1960s office block to a 21st-century corporate HQ straight out of Silicon Valley - complete with an “emergency” slide from the first floor to reception, a giant chess set and table football. Has the airline taken its eye off the cost-cutting ball? The market thinks not.

The airline is thinking globally. Yesterday, Ryanair launched a new US website aimed at boosting its bookings from Americans travelling to Europe. Plans for a transatlantic airline are on ice until plenty of wide-bodied jets are available on the cheap, but Ryanair is dipping a toe deep into the Atlantic with a new link from Stansted to the Azores, starting at Easter 2015. Children flying on that route, or any other from the UK in April, will get £13 Air Passenger Duty back. “We’ve decided to go further than George Osborne, who’s waiving APD from 1 May, which means British children get stung for the Easter holidays,” said Mr O’Leary. “We’re going to pay the APD for under-12s.” His yuletide gesture means a refund for 150,000 children.

The chief executive has signed up for a further five years at Ryanair. He said: “The only industry I could have succeeded in is the airline industry because it's a fundamentally dysfunctional industry, it doesn't make any money. And I've been very fortunate to find a job in a dysfunctional industry, full of dysfunctional people like myself.

Read more :
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/new ... 44017.html

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair, Europe’s favourite airline, today (5 Jan) released its December traffic and load factor statistics as follows:Traffic grew by 20% to over 6m customers.Load factor increased 7% points to 88%.Rolling annual traffic to December rose 6% to 86.4m customers. - See more at: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... customers/

86,4 million passengers carried by Ryanair in 2014.
That is some accomplishment, undeniably.
It remains to be seen what will be the financial results - it's no use carrying a lot of pax if it's to make a loss at the end. But I think one can safely predict a comfortable profit here ...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair, Europe’s favourite airline, today (5 Jan) released its December traffic and load factor statistics as follows...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trave ... bsite.html

One can only imagine how successful Ryanair would be if Europe’s most used airline would indeed also be Europe’s most favourite airline. The Spanish consumer site (complaints site) Reclamador.es named Ryanair as “least client-friendly airline for 2014”. Customers mainly complain about ticket surcharges and a lack of assistance during delays, Reclamador.es states.

https://www.reclamador.es/en/press-rele ... es-en-2014

“Catch me if you can”. According to this Spanish site, Ryanair doesn’t respect the EU legislation for meals and refreshments in case of a delay. Reclamador.es also states that Ryanair never accept claims voluntary. Most claimants then give up, and those who do go to court receive an out of court settlement from Ryanair, only one or two days before the actual trial would take place. Why? Obvious because Ryanair wants to avoid jurisprudence against them, Reclamador.es states.

Reaction from Ryanair (in The Daily Mail): “'This survey, which was produced by a Spanish claims website, is of dubious merit when Ryanair’s traffic continues to grow strongly to 90m customers this year”.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Passenger wrote:
One can only imagine how successful Ryanair would be if Europe’s most used airline would indeed also be Europe’s most favourite airline. The Spanish consumer site (complaints site) Reclamador.es named Ryanair as “least client-friendly airline for 2014”.
“Catch me if you can”. According to this Spanish site, Ryanair doesn’t respect the EU legislation for meals and refreshments in case of a delay.
If being the least client-friendly brings more than 80 million customers per year, (number growing every year), one can imagine that the competitors thank heaven that Ryanair is not better loved ! They would be still deeper in losses.
As for me, I have more flown more than 500 times with Ryanair (number growing every month) and I have never had anything to complain about.
As for the alleged non-respect of compensations, Reclamador should have a look at Jetairfly - it sure beats Ryanair, and by far.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair welcomed a Regional Court of Hamburg's (Landgericht Hamburg) judgment against the Spanish website, eDreams, ordering it to refrain from using the subdomain "Ryanair.eDreams.de".
The court directed eDreams to pay compensation for trademark infringement, and ruled that eDreams use of the subdomain "Ryanair.eDreams.de" wrongfully suggests to customers that eDreams itself is Ryanair, when there is no commercial relationship between the screenscraping website and Ryanair.

Ryanair has been engaged in several legal cases against screenscraper websites across Europe.
"Many of these websites continue to cause problems for Ryanair customers and/or fail/refuse to pass on vital information to both passengers and Ryanair regarding issues such as flight changes, web check-in, special needs assistance and contact details, which has resulted in missed flights and repeated problems for customers," the Irish airline said

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair is to start offering customers in the Netherlands local payment method iDEAL thanks to a partnership with Adyen.
The deal allowing iDEAL payments is a first for Ryanair.
In the Netherlands iDEAL accounts for about 60% of all online payment volume and 40% of payment volume in the travel industry. -
See more at: http://www.travolution.co.uk/articles/2 ... HHzlR.dpuf

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Not that it's really important news, but I think this is the wrong topic to post these non-events in.
Maybe the moderator can move it for achiving purposes?
After all, we're 2015 since more than a week.