Car parking in Brussels airport (Zaventem)

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

9vsmu

Re: PARKING at BRU

Post by 9vsmu »

b720 wrote:Again, I repeat.. They can make a deal with nmbs, de lijn, mivb.The 'new' Antwerp - Brussels irport train link..they simply raise the prices!

Looks they are reorganizing the train arrival hall, as lot's of people do not pay the "diabolo tax" and train company is loosing on expected incomes.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

SabenaForever wrote:To Moderator: there is allready a topic about this subject! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=41947
Thanks SabenaForever. But it is not easy to find because the Search function of the site is temporarily out of order. I am merging the two topics!
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Re: Car parking in Brussels airport (Zaventem)

Post by airazurxtror »

In the city, the authorities try to discourage the people to come with their car : many parking places are canceled, the streets are deliberately made narrower, many streets are made pedestrians only, etc.
At the airport, it's the reverse, they discourage coming by public transport : the train tickets are expensive and surtaxed; the buses don't run after 11 pm, etc - but they are to build more parkings.
Easy to understand : the airport doesn't make a profit on the train or bus tickets, but they make a big profit on the parking fees.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Inquirer wrote: Same for its terminal: their pier A is lacking gates in the morning according my observations; any news on when they are finally going to start its much debated extension works? It's not the first time I sit on a plane waiting for a free gate for over 10 minutes in the morning, after which people with a connection need to run like crazy to still make their next flight. That's not exactly a good customer experience for an airport which wants to become a global STAR alliance hub, is it?
The construction works for the extension of Pier West is still on hold and will not change in the near future

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

The Parking Situation at BRU was quite messy last Monday evening.

P3 was closed (although at entrance it was indicated that there were FREE places).
Then I was guided to P2 (small panels) and like many others was driving around for about 40 minutes to find a place (on top roof of P2). There were 100's of places available there.

Was this an Exceptional (and Chaotic) situation?
Or is is the same the following days and weeks.
Could this not be better managed so that waste of time was avoided ???

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

When will they extend the subway to EvereNATO-KeibergZOning-ZaventemStation-BRUairport ?
Not a big deal and a BIG plus for a lot of actors and users !
I would say it's long overdue ...

SpottairBRU

Post by SpottairBRU »

I'm not sure that they will extend the subway (metro) in that direction any time soon.

However, it seems that there are talks to have a tramway between the City and the Airport. Currently, the line 62 (connecting to Gare du Nord in Brussels) has since April of this year its terminus at Eurocontrol in Evere, just 5km away from the airport, and 1m (!) from the "border" between Brussels and Flanders. But due to the fact that the tram would ride on both Flemish and Brussel's grounds, it is not clear who will operate it on this segment (either the Flemish Public transport company De Lijn or the Brussels' one, the STIB/MIVB).
Fabien
Flown: AA5 / A300-310-318-319-320-321-330-340-380 / ATR42 / B717-737-747-757-777 / Bae146 / C130H / CRJ700-900 / Dash8-Q400 / E145-195 / Fokker 50 / HS748 / MD81 / RJ85-100 / Robin DR400

Stij

Post by Stij »

SpottairBRU wrote:... it is not clear who will operate it on this segment (either the Flemish Public transport company De Lijn or the Brussels' one, the STIB/MIVB).
They should learn from aviation: a simple codeshare will do! ;-)

Cheers,

Stij

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

SpottairBRU wrote:.....But due to the fact that the tram would ride on both Flemish and Brussel's grounds, it is not clear who will operate it on this segment (either the Flemish Public transport company De Lijn or the Brussels' one, the STIB/MIVB).
They can do the same as for the 39 and 44 :roll:
Last edited by Airbus330lover on 13 Nov 2014, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.

SpottairBRU

Post by SpottairBRU »

Stij wrote:
They should learn from aviation: a simple codeshare will do! ;-)
Well, in Belgium, why make it simple when we can make it complicated? :lol:
Airbus330lover wrote:They can do the same as fort the 39 and 44 :roll:
Indeed, I forgot that "exception". Maybe because the areas served by the 39 and 44 outside of Brussels have less lucrative potential than Brussels Airport?
Fabien
Flown: AA5 / A300-310-318-319-320-321-330-340-380 / ATR42 / B717-737-747-757-777 / Bae146 / C130H / CRJ700-900 / Dash8-Q400 / E145-195 / Fokker 50 / HS748 / MD81 / RJ85-100 / Robin DR400

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

If De Lijn can come into Brussels with a lot of bus routes, why coundn't STIB/MIVB go to the Flemis region with 3 or 4 tram lines?

I do also remember that tram 58 was going all the way to the church of Vilvoorde. This nice tram line has been broke up to be replaced by a bus. Is it the tram that causes the problem vs. the bus?
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

sn26567 wrote:
SabenaForever wrote:To Moderator: there is allready a topic about this subject! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=41947
Thanks SabenaForever. But it is not easy to find because the Search function of the site is temporarily out of order. I am merging the two topics!
Search function is back online! Sorry for the delay ;-)

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Considering the important growth of BRU, there is already great need for more and better organized PARKING places.

Even if growth slows down, the development and promotion of train direct and convenient train connection will be important.

With the big and medium cities of Belgium, and the under-exploited catchment area's in NL, F, and D.
Let's us hope that the improved connections by NMBS (from Mid December onwards) will work.

City check in in Brussels main Stations, as well as Antwerp, Liège, Ghent, Bruges should be introduced, to release pressure on Airport Check in; it works well in C and Austria. And is convenient for the travellers.

Tram (and Metro) connections are of course urgent and can only be successful.

Flipco buses work well at CRL, why not have more bus connections to smaller cities in Belgium.

The Brussels Ringroad is now more than saturated; there is urgency to look for good solutions.

koja78

Post by koja78 »

Very happy to see that flipco extended to Bruges.

A Bruges-Gent-BRU line.. would that work? (they have the airport bus to Antwerp)

Anyway... need to get to BRU (and back few days later) in jan... what would be my cheapest option coming from Bruges..?

Wouter_DM

Post by Wouter_DM »

Just saw this on the facebook page of Brussels Airport. :roll:
At this moment about 95% of the available parking spaces at Brussels Airport are occupied. This situation may continue over the next few days. If you do not have a pre-booked parking space for the next few days, we recommend you to come to the airport by train or by taxi.