SN presents "The Loft", its new A Pier Lounge

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RoMax

SN presents "The Loft", its new A Pier Lounge

Post by RoMax »

SN today showed its new lounge (which will open for the passengers tomorrow) for the first time today. The lounge, which is 4 times the size of the previous lounge, is called "The Loft".

Based on the pictures the main features and improvements (besides the much larger floor area) include:
- Improved catering offer
- A lot of digital features, such as tablets
- Showers
- Sleeping areas

Considering that this is just a Schengen lounge, I would say, not bad, not bad at all.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 643&type=1

tolipanebas

Re: SN presents "The Loft", its new A Pier Lounge

Post by tolipanebas »

More on this flagship feature of the premium travel experience Brussels Airlines offers at it's hub in BRU:
https://www.aviation24.be/forums/viewtopic ... 27#p307727

b-west

Post by b-west »

I was at the presentation of the new lounge today, very impressive, what a difference with the previous lounge!

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

It looks like a classroom... they only forgot the black board.

Also quite ugly ceilings IMO... not only the 1990's striped fake-ceiling, but it's a basic principle of interior design that the ceiling has to be in a clear color, and the floor in a darker color, because in nature, the white sky serves as our orientation point for "the up" and the dark-colored floor as "the down".
This gives you the impression that you're upside down and falling head-first.

Who designed this and who approved this?

viewtopic.php?p=307727#p307727

http://t4.rbxcdn.com/cd4f748eef3614894c5f3c2d8783e283

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

Ethiad The Residence and SN The Loft :lol:
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

b-west

Post by b-west »

Hah. Glad the forum troll doesn't like it. There would be something very wrong if he did, I would fear he might have contracted Ebola or something...

Stij

Post by Stij »

Well I like it!

Unfortunately I'll not be able to see it as I travel Always in Y on SN and not enough! :-(

Have fun C and frequent flyers!

Cheers,

Stij

P.S. Lounge "The Loft", movie "The Loft", popular word!

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Flanker2 wrote: Who designed this and who approved this?
The world-famous and highly awarded Danish company Designit. The fact that you say this just makes clear how anti-SN you are, no matter what. This is the very first comment about the lounge that I read since yesterday that's negative, all other comments (also from experts) are from just positive to extremely positive.

About the dark ceiling, in my opinion, it gives a great contrast. The concept of having a lighter ceiling and a darker floor? Yes that can still work, but it's highly outdated Flanker.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

Flanker2 wrote:It looks like a classroom... they only forgot the black board.

Also quite ugly ceilings IMO... not only the 1990's striped fake-ceiling, but it's a basic principle of interior design that the ceiling has to be in a clear color, and the floor in a darker color, because in nature, the white sky serves as our orientation point for "the up" and the dark-colored floor as "the down".
This gives you the impression that you're upside down and falling head-first.

Who designed this and who approved this?
so what do the readers on hln.be say about this? lol

In fact your continuous negativism (about SN) is getting ridiculous...for me, your comments are more like a joke and always have a good laugh about them.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Looks great! Well done SN!

BAAV

Post by BAAV »

It was on KanaalZ yesterday
here is the link, it looks quite impressive
http://kanaalz.knack.be/nieuws/z-nieuws ... 013983.htm

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Looks very attractieve to me.
I have a flight on Monday, so I will definitely check it out then.
I might even be tempted to go early, who knows.

About the desks, flanker: no that's not a class room look, it's actually very practical: a lounge is foremost a quiet office space away from the office for most business travellers. Secondly, it's a place where i can get something to eat and drink from a good buffet, and only then is it also a place to hang out at.
The bedrooms and showers may be useful for people coming in from across the ocean: I doubt European passengers will frequently use this?

About the access, Stij: KanaalZ mentions it can be bought for 25 euro in case you are not flying in C or have no status with M&M, and given it is allegedly 4 times bigger than their old lounge at the A pier, I'd be tempted to think they are aiming at selling this feature as a popular option when booking.
Several members have already hinted at them planning to roll out more options and product improvements to their new product classes, and this may very we'll become one of them: anybody can confirm?

As somebody who flies a lot, I can tell you that having lounge access makes flying much more enjoyable than simply waiting on those iron benches of which there never seem to be enough for one reason or another!!!
Does the airport of BRU does this on purpose maybe, to force people to walk around and drive them into their shops? Nothing is done on purpose there, that for sure.

White Light

Post by White Light »

Let's admit that it is a question of personal taste. To some extent I can follow Flanker's comments : the ceiling and the floor colours don't really match and part of the lounge looks lindeed ike a class room. I'm sure it should have been possible to make it look less stern. Anyway, it's always difficult to please everybody. Given that I don't like Scandinavian design (too cold for me), I will probably not like the lounge, but it is, as I said, a question of personal taste. And everybody should be allowed to express his own impression.

eurojet

Post by eurojet »

What are the access requirements for those on a non C-class ticket? is M&M Frequent Traveller enough, or do you need to be Senator/Gold? The Star Alliance rules differ from airport to Airport .. In Lux, Zurich, Munich, Frankfurt, Frequent Traveller is godo to enter lounges, but not in Vienna .. How does it work for the Brussels Airlines lounges?

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

eurojet wrote:What are the access requirements for those on a non C-class ticket? is M&M Frequent Traveller enough, or do you need to be Senator/Gold? The Star Alliance rules differ from airport to Airport .. In Lux, Zurich, Munich, Frankfurt, Frequent Traveller is godo to enter lounges, but not in Vienna .. How does it work for the Brussels Airlines lounges?
I am a senator myself, but in BRU I am under the impression that F.traveller has always been enough?
At least it was until now, but looking at this lounge, I am not sure this will still apply?
It seems to be a offering things you'd expect in the very exclusive lounges only.
Anybody who knows?

Stij

Post by Stij »

Inquirer wrote:...About the access, Stij: KanaalZ mentions it can be bought for 25 euro in case you are not flying in C or have no status with M&M...
Could be, and I would use it I think!

Now don't think I spend a lot of time on those benches either: I mostly fly in the evening and my "Lounge" is called "Black Pearls". ;-) Only working isn't possible there!

Cheers,

Stij

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

eurojet wrote:What are the access requirements for those on a non C-class ticket? is M&M Frequent Traveller enough, or do you need to be Senator/Gold? The Star Alliance rules differ from airport to Airport .. In Lux, Zurich, Munich, Frankfurt, Frequent Traveller is godo to enter lounges, but not in Vienna .. How does it work for the Brussels Airlines lounges?
Access rules haven't changed with the introduction of the new lounge, you can always find them here: http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/p ... fault.aspx
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

woutertheboy wrote:
Access rules haven't changed with the introduction of the new lounge, you can always find them here: http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/p ... fault.aspx
And this is a dedicated page for the new lounge, at the bottom you can find the same acces information
http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/p ... _loft.aspx

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Real travelling guests today (not invited guests like yesterday):

Picture Lars Redeligx
André
ex Sabena #26567

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

Will test the Loft on Monday evening when leaving for Milan MXP :D

One question: it seems that they have taken all the space from what was previously the Piority Pass lounge. Where is this lounge now. Or did that one disappear ...?

Cheers,
Danny