Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Re: Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2014

Post by Passenger »

lumumba wrote:What's happening with the flight to Luanda I think it's SFN?
SN359 took off at 12h43 (ETD was 10h45)

Flightradar24.com says it's OO-SFO:
http://www.flightradar24.com/OO-SFO

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Passenger wrote:
lumumba wrote:What's happening with the flight to Luanda I think it's SFN?
SN359 took off at 12h43 (ETD was 10h45)

Flightradar24.com says it's OO-SFO:
http://www.flightradar24.com/OO-SFO
THX my mistake.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Brussels Airlines scraps flight because of ill passenger

Brussels Airlines yesterday cancelled a flight from Washington to Brussels because a transit passenger, who previously flew from Monrovia to Brussels, was vomiting at the end of his flight to Washington. Pending the results of the medical examination of the man in Washington, Brussels Airlines sent the aircraft back empty to Brussels, where it landed at about 17:00.

"Even though the chances were small that the man had Ebola because no high temperatures were recorded with him, there was doubt about the nature of his condition and in such cases we apply a zero tolerance at Brussels Airlines. As long as we have no certainty about this, we do not clean up the plane because special procedures apply in cases of Ebola. This afternoon we have heard from Washington that the man was indeed not infected with Ebola", said Bernard Gustin, CEO of Brussels Airlines, during a press conference in Brussels Airport.

This measure, according to Gustin, has nothing to do with the appointment of Erika Vlieghe as Ebola coordinator and the decision to measure the temperature of passengers from risk countries upon arrival at Brussels Airport. "We have established this procedure a few months ago and it was used several times. That was in August yet the case with a passenger from a risk country who, as it turned out, was suffering from malaria," said the CEO of Brussels Airlines. He referred to the various safety procedures and defended Brussels Airlines' decision to continue flying on those countries in the absence of objective risk.

After De Morgen
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Belga press release:

On Saturday 28th June 2014, A Brussels Airlines A319 had a losscomm over Nantes. The flight was on his way from Spain to Brussels Airport (Zaventem). According to Brussels Airlines, the flight was normal and the captain decided to take a nap. The co-pilot didn't respond to ATC calls because he thaught they were for another aircraft, so the French Air Force sent out a Rafaele fighter. The pilot of this fighter reported that the pilot was asleep, and that the co-pilot made signs that he would make radio contact.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail ... 1_01333016

chrisflyer

Post by chrisflyer »

sn26567 wrote:Brussels Airlines scraps flight because of ill passenger

Brussels Airlines yesterday cancelled a flight from Washington to Brussels because a transit passenger, who previously flew from Monrovia to Brussels, was vomiting at the end of his flight to Washington. Pending the results of the medical examination of the man in Washington, Brussels Airlines sent the aircraft back empty to Brussels, where it landed at about 17:00.

"Even though the chances were small that the man had Ebola because no high temperatures were recorded with him, there was doubt about the nature of his condition and in such cases we apply a zero tolerance at Brussels Airlines. As long as we have no certainty about this, we do not clean up the plane because special procedures apply in cases of Ebola. This afternoon we have heard from Washington that the man was indeed not infected with Ebola", said Bernard Gustin, CEO of Brussels Airlines, during a press conference in Brussels Airport.

This measure, according to Gustin, has nothing to do with the appointment of Erika Vlieghe as Ebola coordinator and the decision to measure the temperature of passengers from risk countries upon arrival at Brussels Airport. "We have established this procedure a few months ago and it was used several times. That was in August yet the case with a passenger from a risk country who, as it turned out, was suffering from malaria," said the CEO of Brussels Airlines. He referred to the various safety procedures and defended Brussels Airlines' decision to continue flying on those countries in the absence of objective risk.

After De Morgen
I was booked on that flight (SN516 on SAT 18OCT). Inbound flight was late, cleaning crew refused to go on, flight and cabin crew boarded and apparently the Captain consulted with US CDC. About 2 1/2 hours after STD, she made an announcement at the gate. Minutes later the flight was cancelled and everyone was rebooked and put up at the Dulles Hilton. I was rerouted IAD-FRA-BRU on LH the next day, which included a very smooth ride on the 747-8 in LH's new C class.

Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

chrisflyer wrote:
I was rerouted IAD-FRA-BRU on LH the next day, which included a very smooth ride on the 747-8 in LH's new C class.
This apparently shows an efficient handling of the incident by SN staff. And can you tell us more about your nice flight on the LH 747-8i?
André
ex Sabena #26567

chrisflyer

Post by chrisflyer »

sn26567 wrote:
chrisflyer wrote:
I was rerouted IAD-FRA-BRU on LH the next day, which included a very smooth ride on the 747-8 in LH's new C class.
This apparently shows an efficient handling of the incident by SN staff. And can you tell us more about your nice flight on the LH 747-8i?
Andre,

Very professionally and efficiently handled indeed, with minimal fuss. Chapeau to SN.

The 747-8i (mine was the 6-month old D-ABYN Niedersachsen) is a fantastic plane. Immaculate technology, with a completely new cabin design. The new LH Business Class is a massive improvement compared to the old one with the slide-down quasi-flat beds. Service on this flight was what I have come to expect of LH trans-Atlantic: efficient, friendly, good food and drinks, a solid 8.5/10. I have always been a fan of the 747-400 but the -8i has definitely made it into my top 5. A beautiful high-performance aircraft.

To be recommended.

C

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

US751 is returning to BRU, returned after passing Ireland. Now in the holding
http://fr24.com/AWE751
Tot hier en verder

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Zorba wrote:US751 is returning to BRU, returned after passing Ireland. Now in the holding
http://fr24.com/AWE751
André
ex Sabena #26567

T4J

Post by T4J »

somebody knows what the reason is for the return of US751?

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

No I don't, but the aircraft is holding for a long time. I know that the 757 doesn't have a fuel dump capability, but with the flying time already undertaken I would think it should have come under its max landing weight by now. I see it continues to hold @ 1550 local time

Speedy

T4J

Post by T4J »

I asked because somebody I know is on board. :s

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Just a small technical problem....

simulator

US751 - 23/10/2014

Post by simulator »

What's happening to US751 today? Flight returned back to EBBR 4 hours after take-off....
Presently (14:15 UTC) in holding at FL190 west of EBBR....

http://www.flightradar24.com/AWE751/4a38ebc

Stij

Post by Stij »

@ Simulator

See posts above yours! ;-)

Cheers,

Stij

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

is it really a weight problem ?
the track in BRU is quite long no (3 638 m) ?

Those pax must be so pissed :)
So many hours lost for nothing

For my unterstanding, what kind of "small technical problem" would force you to do a U-turn but doesn't force you to land quickly ? they got a deny from US security ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

BigJets

23/10/14 US Airways 757 in trouble over BRU? 23/10/14

Post by BigJets »

Today's US Airways Brussels-Philadelphia Boeing 757 flight was over the Atlantic and has turned back. At this moment he has been holding for at least 16 times, circling southwest of the city of Aalst.
Does anyone know what's happening? Technical, a passenger with fever or other reason?

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Could be something transponder related, a fuel pump, altimeter, etc

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Burning fuel after a rudder issue.