Ryanair in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ticketbuyer

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by ticketbuyer »

What an original, imaginative and witty posting!
This thread now seems to be sponsored by Ryanair, Europe’s favourite low cost airline. ;) :lol:

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

Sean, I am sorry, but this is a pure advertisement. I don't understand that the moderators let this through.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sean's post is a press release, published elsewhere on this site in the appropriate forum: viewtopic.php?p=301002#p301002
André
ex Sabena #26567

Squelsh

Post by Squelsh »

Ah, so dozens of posts get deleted but double posts, no problem...

New heights, new heights...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Anyone forcing you to read it?

My post of the pressrelease was at 1:36pm, the other one at 4:14pm
So be my guest, delete the double post

b-west

Post by b-west »

This forum is full of press releases, so I don't see why the fuss over a Ryanair one being posted here. Take a chill pill people.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

b-west wrote:This forum is full of press releases, so I don't see why the fuss over a Ryanair one being posted here. Take a chill pill people.
Indeed, I don't see what's wrong with posting it.
The only thing I'd suggest is for the mods to replace it by a link to the press release itself whenever that is posted on this site too, in order to shorten the topic: a brief summary should be enough in that case.

As to the improvements itself, maybe I am used to too much pampering and frills, but to me this is much to do about nothing: basically some discounts on add-on purchases and the right to bring a car seat on board if you book another ticket for it?! If you book an extra seat, you basically put whatever you want in it, I would have guessed???

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Inquirer wrote:As to the improvements itself, maybe I am used to too much pampering and frills, but to me this is much to do about nothing
Who would've guessed that? :lol:

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Please refrain from making suggesting comments on me personally and feel free to elaborate any of the improvements further: I a sure families over here would love to get explicit confirmation if indeed a car seat is allowed to be take on board without the need to pay for another ticket, because this just isn't clear from the press release itself: if it is, then it's a very significant product improvement indeed; if not, then it's something which has always been possible in fact. If you pay for an extra seat, you can put basically anything on it which is allowed in cabin, I've done that many times already.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I'm not saying anything personal, just observing that you continue on your anti-FR quest regardless of what is being written, positive or negative.

Car Sears have not been allowed so far, as an infant doesn't have a seat and putting a car seat on your lap is quite complicated and we did not have IAA approval for it. Apparently this has now been approved.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

sean1982 wrote:I'm not saying anything personal, just observing that you continue on your anti-FR quest regardless of what is being written, positive or negative.
Rather than continuously slam everything I post as being anti-Ryanair, why don't you try to disprove anything that I post by discussing the facts and figures itself, rather than the person posting it and guess the intentions?

Last spring I told you the figures at Ryanair were showing signs of a rapidly emerging weakness, something you slammed me for back then, all because the planes were still "filled to the brim", remember?
Meanwhile, you have seen reality too and the subsequent product turn around your management had to embark on to turn the tide, so maybe my "anti-Ryanair post" does contain interesting views and facts and can provide you with a more realistic outlook than just a press release alone, you know?

Pretty tired of being called anti-Ryanair all the time by you, in fact, for being nothing but a number cruncher who can't but burst the PR bubble you live in, based on facts and figures alone.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Where is the weakness? Financial bureaus are ranking FR as the highest in the world, fleet is expanding and passenger and loadfactors are still on the rise and we're posting a yearly 500m € profit?

But yet when SN posts a few milion € loss, you're jumping up and down because its a good result and then you claim you don't have an agenda? Lmfao. Its not just me, others have noticed this too

As for your car seat question, you have your answer

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

sean1982 wrote:Where is the weakness? Financial bureaus are ranking FR as the highest in the world, fleet is expanding and passenger and loadfactors are still on the rise?
If you can't detect trends, there's nothing to help you detect a potential problem before it turns into real one.
Sad to see you just don't want to listen to anybody but MOL himself, because he basically saw what I did when he launched the new benevolent Ryanair and the remarkable thing is the very next minute you thought of it as being a very good point of view (which I obviously agree with), whereas when I said they had to radically change a few months earlier, you called me all sort of things, remember?
sean1982 wrote:But yet when SN posts a few milion € loss, you're jumpingup and down because its a good result and then you claim you don't have an agenda? Lmfao
Because again, it's about the trend.
It really doesn't matter where you are, it matters where you're going and you can't but say that the much needed turn around is yielding results there too, which makes me happy being a manager myself, because it disproves the popular idea that management isn't really needed to run a business, something you hear all to often these days.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote:It look s like this one (EI-DLI) is not going to fly for some time:

A report on Facebook is saying that the aircraft rolled into an adjacent building in Rome Ciampino, causing significant damage to the horizontal stabiliser.

It is understood that there was no one on board at the time and no injuries have been reported.
It's back and flying again, looking better than ever and all ready to bring you on your summer holidays!

André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair to terminate Lübeck flights in October

Ryanai is set to withdraw from the troubled German airport of Lübeck ahead of the upcoming Winter 2014/15 season. The Irish LCC's has said that owing to the airfield's uncertain financial future, it will terminate its services to Milan Orio al Serio, Pisa, and Palma de Mallorca Son Sant Joan effective October 26. As result, the only operators left at the northern German airport will be Wizz Air and subsidiary, Wizz Air Ukraine.

The airport's holding company, Flughafen Lübeck GmbH, filed for insolvency in late April after foreign-backed investors pulled out of a management agreement.

Source: ch-aviation
André
ex Sabena #26567

rhigginson

Post by rhigginson »

A Norwegian court has ruled that a lawsuit against the airline from a former Norwegian employee must be made in Norway. Could have rammifications for the future:

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2014/06/20/ ... in-norway/

Meanwhile there are claims that the new Ryanair customer service e-mail address set up is 'dud':

http://www.thejournal.ie/customer-servi ... 4-Jun2014/

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Is Ryanair cheating their customers ? somebody asked.
Raising an interesting grammatical controversy - wouldn't it be more correct to write :
"Is Ryanair cheating his ( or its ) customers ?"
"Are Ryanair cheating their customers ?"
(to which the answer is, in my view : NO - or at any rate not more than the other airlines).
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Air France wins case ‒ Ryanair can no longer apply bank charges

Air France, represented by Gide, wins double judicial success againstRyanair.
The Paris Commercial Court, further to a petition from Air France, has prohibited Ryanair, under penalty, from applying bank charges for the payment of tickets by credit card ("surcharging") in violation of
article L.112-12 of the French Monetary and Financial Code.
With the active support of the Public Prosecutor, as requested by AirFrance, the pre-trial judge of the Paris Court of Appeal has ordered on June 26, 2014 the provisional execution of the prohibition order, a measure that was refused by the Commercial Court.
Such order is not subject to appeal. Ryanair will thus have to complywith the order notwithstanding its pending appeal.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Ryanair has revealed further details of its new corporate tickets aimed at business travellers.

The new corporate fares will go on sale at the end of August, and will include flexible tickets, fast track at select airports and premium allocated seating.

http://buyingbusinesstravel.com/news/02 ... e-benefits

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Lille Airport today celebrated its 1,000,000th Ryanair passenger.

But there are still buses from Lille City to Charleroi Airport. Do they carry air pax in both directions (with a stop in Lille Airport)?
Last edited by sn26567 on 02 Jul 2014, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added picture
André
ex Sabena #26567