Ryanair in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

teddybAIR

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by teddybAIR »

sdbelgium wrote:3 FlyDubai Boeing 737-800 to be damp-leased.
What is a damp-lease? Aircraft + flight crew only?

mad_fab

Post by mad_fab »

I'm curious, A6-FE[A,B] are in C12Y162 config.
So, I guess that FR is changing the config during the lease?

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

mad_fab wrote:I'm curious, A6-FE[A,B] are in C12Y162 config.
So, I guess that FR is changing the config during the lease?
New update, the registrations were not correct. The first has now been ferried AMM-STN.
  • A6-FDD > EI-FEB
    A6-FDE > EI-FEC
    A6-FDF > EI-FED
These three are all in Y189 configuration. Duration will be 02JUN14-15SEP14 out of STN.

• EI-JRD
    EI-JRE
These two Boeing 737-400s from Air Contractors will be wet-leased and based in DUB for the period 01JUL14-31AUG14. The registration of the two AirExplore aircraft are not yet know. They too will be wet-leased and based in DUB 16JUN14-15SEP14.
Last edited by sdbelgium on 18 May 2014, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

appel

Post by appel »

teddybAIR wrote:
sdbelgium wrote:3 FlyDubai Boeing 737-800 to be damp-leased.
What is a damp-lease? Aircraft + flight crew only?

Yes
Don't think it's an official term and it are the air contractors and air explore aircraft that are damp leased

will the flydubai aircraft be repainted like the one for JAF, just tail and titles?

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

FlyDubai will be dry-leased, all crew (flight deck and cabin) will be Ryanair. No idea about the extent of the repainting.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Full year results :

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... sult-2014/

Ryanair today (May 19) announced full year net profit of €523m, slightly ahead of previous guidance. Traffic grew 3% to 81.7m passengers. Revenue per passenger was flat, as strong ancillary revenue growth offset a 4% fall in average fares. Excluding fuel, sector length adjusted unit costs fell by 3%.

Outlook :
"We expect FY15 traffic to grow by 4% to over 84.6m as load factors increase 2% to 85% and we add some limited new route and capacity growth. Most of this growth will be skewed towards H2 as we reduce our winter grounding from 70 aircraft in FY14 to approx. 50 in FY15. While fares fell by 4% in FY14 we expect FY15 fares to rise by up to 2%. H1 fares will rise by up to 6% due in part to Easter, stable growth in Q2, and stronger forward bookings and load factors. However we remain very cautious about H2 guidance (especially following last winter’s weak price environment) where we are committed to 6% capacity growth which could cause H2 fares to fall by as much as 6% to 8%."
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

RTM

Post by RTM »

In Dutch:
http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nl-NL/Ar ... rentieslag

Last sentence is a bit strange... They have no clue what the second half of the year will do... They must be feeling the competition...

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

The result is in line with their latest expectations which were revised downwards no less than two times since summer 2013 and confirms the fact that they have been bleeding significant sums of money this winter, an effect which they fear might be repeated also this year, possibly to a greater extend even as competitors like vueling, easyJet and Germanwings have clearly pushed the Irish low cost carrier out of the driver's seat and into the defensive in their core market. The last sentence (which constitutes formal investor's guidance) is indicative of this.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Same old record spindoctor.

epsilon

Post by epsilon »

Shareholders seem to approve of the results. RYA.L soared +10.24% closing at 7,00

RTM

Post by RTM »

Sorry Sean... But something is up... Other companies are rising from the crisis, and results are on the up... Yet FR profits are shrinking... Still a healthy profit though, no denying that, but if it is a trend, they better not wait to long with attacking the "problem"...

cnc

Post by cnc »

aren't they already doing that by going more "premium"? at BRU and BCN for example.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

epsilon wrote:Shareholders seem to approve of the results. RYA.L soared +10.24% closing at 7,00
Indeed. Must have been quite a relief for all shareholders, after a three months low on Friday.

(edited -> typo error)
Last edited by Passenger on 19 May 2014, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

sean1982 wrote:Same old record spindoctor.
You could call me a spindoctor 9 months ago when I first highlighted the obvious signs competitors had ryanair firmly cornered in the wake of their first profit warning, but not any longer: full year profits which are significantly lower than H1 2013 combined with very sobering forward guidance for H2 2014 show that a bunch of "new kids in town" are very successfully challenging ryanair and manage to make them suffer to the point they no longer are in the driver's seat even (see the eye opening and very unryanair closing statement to their financial reporting of today).
epsilon wrote:Shareholders seem to approve of the results. RYA.L soared +10.24% closing at 7,00
Over the past 12 months, RYA's shareholders have been enjoying a real roller coaster ride, with the share pretty much ending the reporting year where it started off: in comparison, if those shareholders had invested in EZJ shares on the same day 12 months ago, they'd have booked a solid 35% profit on their investment.
No wonder RYR can't morph into an easyjet clone quickly enough suddenly, after year's of snubbing them.
cnc wrote:aren't they already doing that by going more "premium"? at BRU and BCN for example.
Yes indeed, and I very much like them diversifying and moving up in the market: i doubt however it is a very good idea to do it with the same brand as the one you cover the low end with, as it means you'll increase costs throughout th entire product range, including the low end: note how unit costs (excluding fuel) are reported to have risen 5% vs last year throughout the entire company, not just for the new premium bases! The low end of market competitors like Wizzair will just jump from joy!

RTM

Post by RTM »

Just wondering...
But can there also be a factor that the crisis is now slowly coming to an end, and people are now prepared to pay a few Euro's more for some more service and convenience? Not saying the public is storming away, but it could be true for a certain percentage.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

RTM wrote:Just wondering...
But can there also be a factor that the crisis is now slowly coming to an end, and people are now prepared to pay a few Euro's more for some more service and convenience? Not saying the public is storming away, but it could be true for a certain percentage.
Or it could be that, the Ryanair fares having been seriously raised of late, people are not prepared to pay much more than before for their flight, and stay home or fly less. Like me.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

airazurxtror wrote: Or it could be that, the Ryanair fares having been seriously raised of late, people are not prepared to pay much more than before for their flight, and stay home or fly less. Like me.
Given the improving economy and looking at data from airports and airlines, it rather seems that both leisure and business demand is increasing because of the improving economy.

RTM

Post by RTM »

airazurxtror wrote: Or it could be that, the Ryanair fares having been seriously raised of late, people are not prepared to pay much more than before for their flight, and stay home or fly less. Like me.
Fair comment, could be... certainly for a number of people, like yourself. But... that doesn't explain the rise at other companies...

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

It's amazing how a flat 500 million profit at FR sounds like the company is going down, while SN with its 50 million loss somehow couldn't be doing better.
Easyjet is doing good nowadays, but they're still smaller and less profitable than FR. Historically, they tend to be much less stable than FR, so they're now riding a peak, before heading into the clouds again.

I think that FR was doing good in the past, but their greedy increase in fares has also got me thinking twice before booking. I think that they should stay in their ULCC segment and try to run their competitors out of business. Their move to BRU is a gutsy one, but they need to keep the same routes out of CRL at lower fares.

RTM

Post by RTM »

See the bigger picture...

Nobody is saying Ryanair is going down, that would be a stupid statement. But what you see is that while they were thriving during the crisis, they are now struggling to maintain profitlevel now the crisis slowly coming to the end. To the extend that they are forced to adapt their strategy, causing higher prices, and thus expose them to more competition.
At the same time, you see companies that were struggling during the crisis now slowly coming back to health.
But true, FR has a comfortable margin before going into the red, while competiton has some way to go to go into the black. But the trends are there, just curious who will get the upper hand.