Ryanair in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

brusselsairlinesfan

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

A friend of mine just told me that the average LF on the FCO and BCN routes are currently under 80 pc. And above expectations on the other routes!

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Ryanair press release on the partnership with Travelport. Well, the least we can say is that something is cooking in Dublin :) They are certainly stepping up their game, lately!

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

teddybAIR wrote:Ryanair press release on the partnership with Travelport. Well, the least we can say is that something is cooking in Dublin :) They are certainly stepping up their game, lately!
The V.V.R. / Vereniging Vlaamse Reisbureaus (Association of Flemish Travel Agents) isn't impressed by this latest move: "Het feit dat Ryanair een overeenkomst met Travelport (Galileo, Worldspan) heeft afgesloten verandert NIETS aan de houding van deze maatschappij ten overstaan van de reisbureaus. O’Leary is nog altijd van mening dat reisbureaus parasieten zijn die hoogstens kunnen geduld worden. Wie de illusie zou koesteren dat de “reisbureau-klanten”, al dan niet reizend in groep, anders zouden worden behandeld dan het “vee” dat Ryanair meent te vervoeren, zal van een kale kermis thuiskomen..."

This agreement will NOT change Ryanair's attitude towards travel agencies. For O'Leary, travel agents are parasites who have the right... to be tolerated. Clients from travel agents (individuals or groups) will NOT be treated different from the company policy which is cattle transport, the V.V.R. states.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Passenger wrote: Clients from travel agents (individuals or groups) will NOT be treated different from the company policy which is cattle transport, the V.V.R. states.
Wait a minute : why should the clients from travel agents be treated differently - presumably meaning "better" - than the normal client of Ryanair ?
Because they pay more ? They pay more because they uselessly pay a supplement to the travel agent, not to Ryanair.
And if the VVR really feels that the Ryanair passengers are treated like cattle, one would expect them not to book their clients on that company.
More and more travellers arrange themselves their trip by buying on the net airline tickets and accomodation. In that sense, the travel agents are less and less necessary, and they know it.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

This is exactly why I think it is not such a good idea to market their flights from the business airports under the same name as their other flights from the secondary airports: it adds costs to all those ultra-low cost tickets from airports like CRL etc which can't really stand such cost increases, whereas their brand image remains a major disadvantage in the business segment with their much higher fare tickets from BRU.
A multi-brand approach would have been far more appropriate here.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Joost Freys in Het Laatste Nieuws:
  • New Ryanair style already generated 5% more bookings, according to MOL.
  • Cheapest Ryanair tickets will only be available 6 months before departure, instead of 2 months.
  • Ryanair achieves 25 minutes turnaround @ BRU Airport. "Let's see if they can do the same during holidays", says expert E. Vandevoorde.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

As far as I know, only EI-DCL sports so far that c/s.
EI-DCL has been delivered to Ryanair in October 2004 and is amongst the oldest aircraft in the fleet. It previously had the full Boeing livery.
The aircraft now on order will be delivered from September 2014 onwards.

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

Ryanair Set to Lease 737-400s to Support Dublin Growth

A report from Airport Coordination Limited (ACL) has revealed that Irish budget carrier Ryanair is planning to lease four Boeing 737-400s to operate on routes from Dublin Airport this summer. Although Ryanair has not confirmed the report, the carrier has often spoken about potentially turning to lease deals to support its network growth, while waiting for the arrival of new 737-800 equipment from the US manufacturer.

source: http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/bre ... in-growth/
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

tought that Flydubai should lease some planes to FR.. As they have the same 189 pax config!

cXb
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:As far as I know, only EI-DCL sports so far that c/s.
Indeed. Boeing has just published the pictures in its Randy's blog. Here is one of them:

But then, why such a big fuss for an old airplane?

http://www.boeingblogs.com/randy/archiv ... blend.html
André
ex Sabena #26567

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Some updates regarding FR traffic figures @ BRU anyone?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair enters the Polish domestic market. From 2 April it started daily flights from Warsaw Modlin to both Gdansk and Wroclaw. In July it will start thrice weekly flights from Gdansk to Wroclaw and twice-weekly from Gdansk to Krakow. All flights are operated by Boeing 737-800 with 189 seats.

In all these routes, Ryanair breaks the monopoly of LOT and EuroLOT.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

3rd Polish base announced in GDN (Gdansk): 1 based aircraft and 3 routes as of October:

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... ?market=en

epsilon

Post by epsilon »

And meanwhile 4th Polish base at Warsaw (Modlin) announced as well!

From October 2014, Ryanair will significantly grow at Warsaw Modlin with:
1 based aircraft
4 new winter routes to Gdansk, Madrid, Shannon and Wroclaw
Growth from 174 to over 265 weekly flights
Over 1.9m customers
Over 1,900* “on site” jobs

New website with the farefinder also works really well I think.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Ryanair is to open its fifth German base at Cologne in October 2014, the airline announced today.

There will be one based aircraft and five new routes to Dublin, London Stansted, Madrid, Riga and Rome Ciampino (eight routes in total), which it is hoped will deliver over 700,000 customers p.a, with 86 weekly flights. :)

rhigginson

Post by rhigginson »

Interesting that the choice of STN comes days after Flybe's new flights announced from Southend.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

rhigginson wrote:Interesting that the choice of STN comes days after Flybe's new flights announced from Southend.
But it's the question how much that has to do with eachother, STN simply is FR's largest base so if they develop CGN into a base, a connection with STN makes a lot of sense even without Flybe trying to catch a piece of the London-Cologne/Bonn market.
In addition, Southend's 'actual' catchment area is not completely covered by Stansted Airport (not anymore, at least depending on the routing), while that of Stansted is still many times larger. IF there is enough demand from Southend to CGN, the route will also be able to survive with FR flying to STN.

To make the picture complete, easyJet serves Gatwick to/from CGN, while Germanwings serves both LHR and STN. I think Germanwings will have more competition from FR than Flybe will.

Though I have to note I'm a bit sceptical about Flybe's plans out of Southend anyway...

rhigginson

Post by rhigginson »

Yes fair enough, I would rather have seen Flybe fill the hole left on the Paderborn route anyway or perhaps another like Esbjerg.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair has requested its admission as a member of the Belgian Air Transport Association (BATA).
Ryanair expect to carry 7 million passengers from and to Belgium in the next twelve months, and will thus be at worst the second Belgian carrier.
The members of BATA are at the moment : Brussels Airlines, Jetairfly, Thomas Cook Airlines, DHL, TNT and CityJet.
BATA said it has received the application and the members will discuss it.
("Le Soir" today, page 16).