FR 'Comunitat Valenciana' ended?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

cathay belgium

FR 'Comunitat Valenciana' ended?

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Maybe a strange question but since these stickers became such a regular sight on Ryanair planes all over europe I noticed today that my flown plane had these sticker a few months ago but now not anymore..
Is this promotion deal finished?
Became too expensive now they promote these adds everywhere?
Didn't noticed some new ones.. So guess this type of add isn't a hughe success..
Would have guessed It would have become a hughe success as a lot of companies adding promotion everywhere it is is a remarkable place to promote your products..
Or is the Ryanair brand making this impossile,
Would have loved to see promotion for Aldi,Brico,Coca Cola,Nestea,Nutella,Lufthansa haha on it!

Anybody some info about this advertisements on the Ryanair fleet!

Even a sticker of ' your promotion could be here! ' should I expected on some.. But plain white for now...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Re: FR 'Comunitat Valenciana' ended?

Post by sn26567 »

cathay belgium wrote:Would have loved to see promotion for ..., Coca Cola,...
coca.jpg
coca.jpg (21.61 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
André
ex Sabena #26567

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

I remember crossair used to have a DC-9 in full Mc Donalds livery, but then who still remembers crossair these days?

Back to topic: i guess the budget squeeze in Spain is making these kind of expenditures a definite no go these days. Personally, I never understood what a region like Valencia expected to gain from paying for this kind of publicity on planes? People who see it have already booked their travel, so in fact you are fishing behind the net.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Inquirer wrote:but then who still remembers crossair these days?
One should: Crossair now operates under the name SWISS International Airlines.

Back to topic: Ryanair used to operate some coloured logojets in the past (e.g. Hertz). It seems that they leave that honour to other low cost airlines, such as TUIfly (Haribo). Maybe FR is asking too much from advertisers?
André
ex Sabena #26567

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I just dont think the investment is worthwhile for companies. The general public really doesnt care about airplanes and which colour they have. I regularly see JAF passengers trying to get onto an FR flight, which clearly means they didnt even look at the airplane ;)

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Any idea how many of those planes there were and how much public money was euh... 'used' on it?

I agree with sean that it's useless to promote a region that way: a company like Hertz or coca-cola, okay, but not a government.

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

Image since when is FR using Google AdChoices?
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

quixoticguide wrote:Image since when is FR using Google AdChoices?
I assume it's also part of their more expensive marketing campaign to attract a 'new' public. Although I don't know for how long they are doing this?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote:
cathay belgium wrote:Would have loved to see promotion for ..., Coca Cola,...
coca.jpg
The above "Coca Cola" MD-83 is not just one of those company advertisements on aircraft. Actually, it's not Coca Cola colourscheme, but Fifa: it's the aircraft that was used in 2009 and in 2010 for the World Cup Football in South Africa. The official Cup was flown from Switzerland through different countries in Africa into South Africa. The same will happen this year, when this MD-83 sets course for Brazil. The Fifa aircraft is probably the one with the most press coverage in the world - apart from Air Force One perhaps. In all countries in South America where this MD-83 will stop, it will be shown where Coca Cola likes it the most: in the top news on tv.

Dr. Strangelove

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

To answer the questions about the "Comunitat Valenciana" advertisments:

Ryanair won in 2011 a tender issued by the Valencian Agency of Tourism. They (Ryanair) got 1.5 Million Euros to put the advertisment on 76 airplanes for a period of 3 years.

Air Nostrum asked 9.9 Million for 61 airplanes.
Cobalt thorium G

fretn

Post by fretn »

Great example of how to not use government funding. :lol: No wonder Spain is so deep in debt.