SN Brussels Airlines to codeshare with Royal Air Maroc

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Sabena_690

SN Brussels Airlines to codeshare with Royal Air Maroc

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hi all,

SN Brussels Airlines and Royal Air Maroc will start codesharing on eachother's flights to/from CMN.

AT will also put its code on several European SN flights, while SN will put its code on several destinations by AT (I currently don't have access to the article, will post those destinations this evening when I'm at home). I believe that Libreville was one of them...

This means that the customers will have the choice between 3 (!!) daily flights in the summer.

SN announced to increase the frequency to CMN "because they were doing so good", from where the codeshare with AT then?

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Re: SN Brussels Airlines to codeshare with Royal Air Maroc

Post by Avro »

Sabena_690 wrote: SN announced to increase the frequency to CMN "because they were doing so good", from where the codeshare with AT then?
At first I had the same reaction. Why codesharing, if you can fill your planes without any codeshare. But when I read your post I think I get the reason.
SN will increase it's flights and in addition to that both companies will codeshare on further destinations. This means that SN will be able to attract more pax willing to fly via CMN to other destinations in Africa. Secondly this will increase the number of connecting pax for SN, since people flying with RAM will be able to connect via BRU on SNBA's network.

Since SN will be increasing it's flights to CMN, I don't mind the codeshare at all. It's even a good news I think :)

Greetz
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for the information, Frederic. I relayed it to the Latest News.
Avro wrote:Secondly this will increase the number of connecting pax for SN, since people flying with RAM will be able to connect via BRU on SNBA's network.
I am not sure that many passengers will appreciate changing aircraft twice to reach a destination, unless they have no other choice.

But it is a nice move anyway.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

I guess that SNBA flies to some destinations, where RAM doesn't.... That would be the ideal codeshare flights

Chris
8)

sabena4ever

Post by sabena4ever »

sn26567 wrote:
I am not sure that many passengers will appreciate changing aircraft twice to reach a destination, unless they have no other choice.

But it is a nice move anyway.
Exactly, Andre. A friend of mine, have to go to Abidjian in a hurry, with Royal Air Maroc. It was the cheapest way!! 500 Euros, but via Casablanca, with 7 hours to wait there!!! unfortunately, all SNBA and Air France seats were booked.

The code-share between SNBA and RAM is maybe strategical, to control the competition. I disagree because SNBA has a lot of code-share now!!!

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

That's correct, Chris and André.

SN is now able to offer more destinations through CMN, while AT will be able to offer more EU destinations.

Both companies win in the end...

Frederic

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

On JustPlanes I found a confirmation of what has been discussed here. More, they also mention the code-share routes.

SNBA and RAM have signed a cooperation deal that will see the frequency between the 2 airline hubs increase to 3 flights a day, 2 operated by RAM, 1 by SNBA and in addition the 2 will place their code as follows :
RAM will place its code on SN flights from Brussels to:
Hamburg, Munich, Vienne, Copenhague, Oslo, Stockholm, Goteborg, Prague and Dakar.
SN will place its code on RAM flights from Casablanca to:
Libreville, Niamey, Nouakchott and later to Bamako.

I think this is more important than we might think, since the additional flights of RAM are not destinations in Marrocco itself, but other African destinations. Look also at the strange route: Casablanca-Brussels-Dakar for RAM passengers :?:

Danny

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Thanks DannyVDB, I forgot to post those destinations... :oops:

How logical, flying BRU-CMN-DKR! :mrgreen:

Frederic
Last edited by Sabena_690 on 04 Mar 2004, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

DannyVDB wrote:SN will place its code on RAM flights from Casablanca to:
Libreville, Niamey, Nouakchott and later to Bamako.
All these cities were formerly served by Sabena.

Nice to see a Belgian code there again, in the hope that in the future it will be more than a code on a foreign airline's flight.
André
ex Sabena #26567

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

The other strange thing is that RAM has its own Casablanca-Dakar route. It must be a mistake. Anyone more news about that?

On the other hand, the link to Bamako, Niamey and Nouakchott through Casablanka is a good thing. I would tink to take this connection since I like more two 'serious' flights then doing a short flight or short train trip which is a real hastle ...

Danny