Ryanair in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Ryanair in 2014

Post by sn26567 »

New Ryanair 2014 destinations include Basel, Brussels Airport, Bucharest, Lisbon, Osijek and Prague. And probably others to follow...
André
ex Sabena #26567

LJ

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by LJ »

FR outlined again its service improvements for 2014 on YouTube. However, isn't this old news?

http://centreforaviation.com/news/ryana ... 014-295775

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

RYANAIR DECEMBER TRAFFIC GROWS 4% TO 5M CUSTOMERS

Ryanair, Europe’s favourite low fares airline, today (2 Jan) released December traffic statistics as follows:
• Traffic grew by 4% from 4.8m to over 5m customers.
• Load factor unchanged at 81%.
• Annual traffic to December rose 2% to 81.4m customers (+2%).
• Annual load factor at 83%.

Ryanair’s Jonathan Brisy said:
Ryanair carried a new record of over 5m customers in December, thanks to the success of our lower fares, easier to use website and customer service improvements. Further service improvements are due to be rolled out over the coming weeks and months as Ryanair continues to lower prices and improve our industry leading customer service in 2014.”

Ryanair press release 2/01/2014
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair will axe 30 Moroccan routes from April 1, 2014, in protest at a recent decision by Morocco's parliament to levy new taxes on outbound flights.

In November 2013, Rabat passed a new law levying MAD100 (USD12) on economy class tickets and MAD400 (USD48) for first or business class. Funds raised from the new taxes are to go towards the Moroccan National Tourist Office.

Ryanair's Moroccan destinations include Fes, Marrakech, Agadir, Essaouira, Nador, Oujda, Rabat and Tangiers. This is not the first time the Irish LCC has withdrawn its services from the North African country.

In 2012, Ryanair suspended some flights to Morocco for a period of several months following a dispute with Morocco’s state-owned airports authority (Office National Des Aéroports - ONDA) over increased handling charges.

Source: ch-aviation
André
ex Sabena #26567

shockcooling

Post by shockcooling »

Off topic, and nothing against Ryanair, but if you look at it from a different perspective, the protest from Ryanair could be seen the same as a strike. As in, Ryanair the unhappy employee and the Morroccan state as the employer trying to save some money :lol:

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

who will do RYR handling at BRU airport? swissport or avia?
Citybird
The flying dream

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

CTBke wrote:who will do RYR handling at BRU airport? swissport or avia?
the passengers themselves.. ;)

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

Where will they park there aircraft at BRU, at the gates or remote stands? If it will be the remote i am thinking the stands where easyjet park there aircraft and the stands at the old sattelite Pier?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OO-ITR wrote:
Fantastic joke! Original is the word here :roll:

cnc

Post by cnc »

sean1982 wrote:
OO-ITR wrote:
Fantastic joke! Original is the word here :roll:
do you know the handler by any chance? i think swissport but i'm not sure

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Rumour I heard is swissport, but no certainty

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

INTERNET giant Google is working on top-secret plans with Michael O'Leary's Ryanair in a bid to completely transform how consumers search for, select and buy airline tickets.
In a wide ranging interview with the Sunday Independent, in which he describes "running out of road" when it comes to being the face of Ryanair, O'Leary said the partnership with Google would change the way people buy tickets forever.
"We'll be sharing the Ryanair pricing through all of the Google outlets, so when you go in, there'll be route selections, cheapest prices and so on. O'Leary said he expected the project to go live by the end of March.
"Google will say, 'Here are the fares,' then you click straight through to Ryanair or someone else. It blows everyone else out of the water."
"They don't want to have a limited or biased search. They want to be able to say they've screened all of these airlines on all of the routes. They need to find who has got the lowest airfare on these routes... and that's us."

O'Leary forecasts a technology revolution in coming years.In Europe, the flying won't change much but the distribution will change massively. It's all going to move to digital and mobile. The opportunities for ancillary revenues through mobile are enormous.

"With the launch of My Ryanair, we'll build individual profiles for each passenger. We'll know how often you fly, where you fly, who you fly with and we'll design individual packages for you.
"For example, if you fly business 12 times a year, we'll say something like, "If you fly 13 times, here's a free ticket for your wife.'"
O'Leary also said that Ryanair's new website would include a slick 'Farefinder' feature, whereby customers can look at graphs on each route, showing the days with the cheapest flights over the coming 60 days.

"We own the 81 million price-sensitive people or people who live around our airports in Europe, so we now have to go after the 20 million or 30 million people, the people who'd say, 'I'd rather pay €20 or €30 more to fly Aer Lingus,'" he said.

Read more :

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 07730.html
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,
81 millions pax ?
Guess this factor is a big to much,most people fly return,so this are 40,5 million pax!
As we know people fly more and more in a year ..
So ryanair has around 15 ? Million pax euh... Clients...
Guess Google will give us higher prices instead of lower.. Cookies showed me this already many times!
Even using a complete other computer gave me for the SAME FR flight a change of 1,5 euro!
Google? No thx ;)
CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

You got a point, CX-B. Airfares management of most airlines increases the prices for those who are checking a flight several times with the same computer (hence a good trick is, not to use another computer - that's a luxury - but to use the private navigation window of your computer when checking fares)
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sn26567 wrote: Airfares management of most airlines increases the prices for those who are checking a flight several times with the same computer
I have never seen it happen on Ryanair (until now). As regards easyJet, I am not so sure ...

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

I have never seen it happen on Ryanair (until now). As regards easyJet, I am not so sure ...
Always had by many airlines FR included.
Same .... yesterday.... dont on 2 computers with different networks

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

I have made thousend of bookings simulations on Ryanair - I make some nearly every day - and I have never seen the price of a flight going up on successive testings.
But it can happen that a flight is marked "1 seat left at that price" and when you come back to that flight, the mention has disappeared and the price is higher. It just means that the seat at the lower price has been sold in the meantime.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

The mechanism in which a seller tracks your behaviour as a consumer and adapts the price of its product according to your perceived interest in it is widely used in online sales and I don't doubt Ryan Air uses it too to increase their revenues.

if you never noticed a price increase when making trial bookings just to get a price quote, it might be worth clearing out your computer's coockies: you might be logged as a 'die hard' flyer and may automatically be pushed towards the increased fares even from your very first try, airazurxtror. ;)

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

My post was and is :
Always had by many airlines FR included.
Same .... yesterday.... done on 2 computers with different networks.

Still in the subject and surely not FR bashing.....

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Come on this is an industry wide way of working, every airline does it, also Ryanair. Is there something wrong with it? No. Is it Ryanair bashing? Of course not! :roll: