Ryanair in 2013

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Re: Ryanair in 2013

Post by sean1982 »

I guess you didnt put your glasses on. Do you really dont realise you first tell someone off for mentioning an incident, and then you do it yourself by referring to do the BCN incident. So what? Everyone has to follow the rule besides you?? :-D

I dont need a ranking to know how safe ryanair is, I teach safety, security and service myself and I know I do my job well with standards just as high as every western airline.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:I guess you didnt put your glasses on. Do you really dont realise you first tell someone off for mentioning an incident, and then you do it yourself by referring to do the BCN incident. So what? Everyone has to follow the rule besides you??
You still didn't get the message, I see. I will try a last time to make it clear: don't talk about other airline's technical problems. Airazurxtor did with his remark "not the like of OO-DWF". I reacted to that, and now I'm to blame: funny, isn't it? I just reminded you that it's not done between airlines to blame each other's safety record. Ask your boss if you're unaware of that unwritten rule. Even MOL understands and accepts this.

But indeed, I don't have to follow that rule as I don't work for an airline.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

And im not in function, so why should I? Seriously, I would like to know the reason of your quest against Ryanair? Please enlighten me, or is it sadness?

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Passenger wrote: I've only said that there exists an unwritten rule in aviation not to talk about incidents at other companies. Would be great if you would follow that rule.
I couldn't care less, I am not in aviation.
And anyway that rule is not much followed : how many times was it talked of the Valencia triple incident, for instance, here and elsewhere ?
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

MOL has confirmed that before next summer passengers will be able to board their flight with their boarding pass on their mobile phone, thus preventing even more people from having to pay the airport check in fee. Also there will be a frequent flier programme set up. These improvements come after Ryanair also having adapted the onboard service in order to improve passengers experience.

Stij

Post by Stij »

sean1982 wrote:MOL has confirmed that before next summer passengers will be able to board their flight with their boarding pass on their mobile phone, thus preventing even more people from having to pay the airport check in fee. Also there will be a frequent flier programme set up. These improvements come after Ryanair also having adapted the onboard service in order to improve passengers experience.
You're kidding me, right? No more papers?
Frequent flier... could we then also store our birthday and ID card number in that profile?

Serious now...
I think this is the only way to go for Ryanair if they want to grow. He can offer more flights, but people will not fly more, so they have to convince the pax that until now avoided them... Easyjet showed the way!

Cheers,

Stij

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Ryanair sues council that runs RPG

Five member-council expected to appear at press conference

Ryanair has launched proceedings in the High Court against the five-member interim council that runs the Ryanair Pilots Group, the organisation that is seeking to represent pilots working for the budget airline.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sect ... -1.1568198

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

sean1982 wrote:MOL has confirmed that before next summer passengers will be able to board their flight with their boarding pass on their mobile phone, thus preventing even more people from having to pay the airport check in fee.
Interesting news, sean, thanks for sharing,

The real question will of course be till WHEN one will be able to use the (free?) mobile check in option?

If it is blocked just like their online checkin several hours before you are bound to depart on the flight, then it's not going to be much of a help to people who didn't check in online ontime, or who simply mislaid their previously printed boarding pass, is it?

If they want to grow out of their niche, they will have to become more of an Easyjet/Germanwings/etc type of airline and that means they will somehow have to align with the industry standards and let go of some of their revenu sources and irrational handling fees again.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sean1982 wrote: Also there will be a frequent flier programme set up.
Wonderful !

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Hope for you their program will alow to go back in time!
Hon senator for airazurxtor!
Would will we get with our miles? Free toilet visit?
Free flights,free drinks,free calendars? Of course only taxes and fees still needs to be paid above the extra milesredeemfare :/

Blablabla I guess...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

shockcooling

Post by shockcooling »

Smart moves by Ryanair, next step --> transfers and codesharing !

cnc

Post by cnc »

shockcooling wrote:Smart moves by Ryanair, next step --> transfers and codesharing !
i doubt that! that would make a huge extra cost for FR.
nice to see a frequent flier programme in the near future

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

A frequent flyer program ? I bet it won't be free :mrgreen:

appel

Post by appel »

The extra cost is it for the codesharing or for both?
i don't really see why transfers would come at a big extra cost they only have to adjust the luggage tags.
i think for transfers the biggest cost will be for the airports. Most of them don't seem to be able to handle transfers

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

appel wrote:The extra cost is it for the codesharing or for both?
i don't really see why transfers would come at a big extra cost they only have to adjust the luggage tags.
i think for transfers the biggest cost will be for the airports. Most of them don't seem to be able to handle transfers
Ryanair will become responsible for missed connections, contrary to the current situation when passengers have to arrange it themself and are responsible themself for a missed flight. That's something that brings extra costs.

appel

Post by appel »

ok didn't look at it that way.

But anyway with: "Last year more than 90% of Ryanair flights landing on time, beating ......." it shouldn't be a problem :twisted:

fcw

Post by fcw »

Le nouveau Ryanair est arrivé:
Ryanair Announces Customer Service Improvements Over Next 6 Months

viewtopic.php?p=288028#p288028
http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair- ... t-6-months

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I was operating a flight yesterday for the first time with the new flow of service and I must say it was a big improvement not only for the passengers but also for the crew. And happy crew=happy passengers :)

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

When it is hated by so many, Ryanair carries 80 million pax/year.
Question : how many millions pax will Ryanair carry if it comes to be liked by its customers ?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair has finally been listening to its customers, instead of attracting them only with low fares and cashing on ancillary revenues. How many customers have been disgruntled before MOL eventually tried to find remedies to their complaints?
André
ex Sabena #26567