Can you walk into business class?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Boeing767copilot

Can you walk into business class?

Post by Boeing767copilot »

earthman

Re: Can you walk into business class?

Post by earthman »

WTF? Cabin crew is starting to act more and more like prison guards.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

On my last United flight in November we were told that it was FAA security regulations that requires passengers to stay in their assigned "zones"
earthman wrote:WTF? Cabin crew is starting to act more and more like prison guards.
Unfortunatly that is what 09/11 has provoked

earthman

Post by earthman »

So actually, is this a phenomenon specific to US airlines/crew?

Because I cannot imagine such nonsense happening on European airlines. Not even on Ryanair. ;)

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Business class on Ryanair ? Only cattle class (one cabin fits all).
In favor of quality air travel.

bollox

Post by bollox »

Try getting in to Senator Cass at Frankfurt WITH Senator Card
:evil:

bollox

Post by bollox »

Whoops, I meant Senator Class Lounge, not plane areas :oops:

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Imagine cabin crew let's him pass through the C class cabin because he's polite and doesn't really disturb anybody there and it's just a short crossing of the cabin and whatever...

Next thing you know, there will be say 10 other passengers from the back of the plane who saw him do this and all want to do the same because they'd want to use the lavatories in front of the plane as they are nearer to their seats with a waiting line most likely non-existing overthere too.

Now, obviously that's really not the aim, is it, as passengers paying thousand euro and more to fly C class don't want to see their cabin being turned into a waiting room for the front lavatories, like you often see at the rear of the Y cabin...

Not to mention you can rest assured that there will be at least one of those visiting passengers who'll naively notice while walking through C class there's an unused seat available and simply take place in it as if that's the most normal thing to do: self-upgraded, if you please! :shock:

You'd be amazed with just how uninhibited some passengers dare to be, so in order to prevent those situations from occuring, most airlines have a policy which basically restricts a passenger to his own booking class.

Nothing weird about it at all, IMHO.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Nothing weird or wrong with that. Absolutely not. My impression is that cabin crew (probably because they have been instructed to act in this way) of anglo-saxon airlines (mainly American carriers, but also to some extend British airlines) have a tendency to act and react in a harder way to pax "intruding" in a "higher" cabin than European or Asian cabin crew who generally act in a more gentle way. But, of course, every pax should remain in "his" part of the cabin. Moving inside an aircraft with several classes is a bit like moving on the road. If you don't stick to the rules, at one time or another, you will come across a flight attendant who might rather act as a hard-line police officer or one who will just remind you of the "rules". When you're in doubt about what you are allowed to do or not, it is always wise to ask a flight attendant (for permission).
In favor of quality air travel.

cnc

Post by cnc »

the only bad/sad part is the way the marshalls act.

earthman

Post by earthman »

I wasn't referring to the 'no plebs walking through business class' rule, but rather to being shipped off to gitmo because you dare to record your conversation with a F/A.

(Notwithstanding the fact that usually some of the absolutely worst plebs actually are seated in business class).

b-west

Post by b-west »

Problem with the news report is you only hear one side of the story, so you don't know for sure what the passenger actually did or said to provoke the arrest.

As for the business/economy class... Stay where you are assigned. I travel in both classes quite often, and I can fully understand why it's not pleasant when passengers from Y pop up in C. Especially as some people apparently can't hide their jealousy. I've heard nasty remarks during boarding when I was in business from passengers going to the back of the cabin. So I don't need them to come and stare in my plate.

And when a f/a tells you to do something, don't be a dick and start recording it or start arguing just for the sake of arguing, just do as you're told. These people get enough shit already. If you feel you're being treated unfairly, just write a complaint letter to the airline afterwards...

Stij

Post by Stij »

b-west wrote:And when a f/a tells you to do something, don't be a dick and start recording it or start arguing just for the sake of arguing, just do as you're told. These people get enough shit already. If you feel you're being treated unfairly, just write a complaint letter to the airline afterwards...
Of course you're right, but it happens that cabin crew is so rude or unprofessional I would like to record it. Of course I don't, but sometimes the word youtube comes to mind... Again, I never recorded anything...

BTW I don't beleive in Santa Claus anymore and neither do I beleive airliners take complaint letters seriously into account.

Cheers,

Stij

b-west

Post by b-west »

Depends, if you're a frequent traveler they do care about your opinion. As in, they care about the potential revenue ;)

Stij

Post by Stij »

b-west wrote:Depends, if you're a frequent traveler they do care about your opinion. As in, they care about the potential revenue ;)
I'm a (pretty) frequent flier (around 40 to 50 flights a year), but always on different airliners (intercontinental) and a lot on LCC (In Europe).

Although, I'll be BA Executive Club Bronse shortly, yeaaah... not.

Cheers,

Stij

b-west

Post by b-west »

I did 150 flights last year and am highest tier with several airlines. And when you get to that level, they do listen when you complain (as long as you don't exaggerate ;) )

Stij

Post by Stij »

b-west wrote:I did 150 flights last year and am highest tier with several airlines. And when you get to that level, they do listen when you complain (as long as you don't exaggerate ;) )
Lucky you! ;-)

b-west

Post by b-west »

Meh, it has its perks, but also very tiring from time to time... Anyway, back on topic ;)