09/04/2012 Replacing hard-disk on server

Give your feedback, make new suggestions to improve https://www.aviation24.be, is there anything else we can do for you?
luchtzak

09/04/2012 Replacing hard-disk on server

Post by luchtzak »

Tomorrow a new hard-disk has to be installed on the server, the website will be taken down. A back-up will be taken first so I recommend whenever you post a message on the forums to make a copy and place it on your laptop (notepad, notebook, wordpad,...)

Again I am sorry for the inconvenience!

regi

Re: 09/04/2012 Replacing hard-disk on server

Post by regi »

luchtzak wrote:Tomorrow a new hard-disk has to be installed on the server, the website will be taken down. A back-up will be taken first so I recommend whenever you post a message on the forums to make a copy and place it on your laptop (notepad, notebook, wordpad,...)

fingers crossed !
Tip: take 2 back ups on 2 different storage devices. And before you launch the new HD, first check if your back ups have succeeded. ( don't ask me where I get this almost too precautious behaviour from :evil: )

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

regi wrote:
luchtzak wrote:Tomorrow a new hard-disk has to be installed on the server, the website will be taken down. A back-up will be taken first so I recommend whenever you post a message on the forums to make a copy and place it on your laptop (notepad, notebook, wordpad,...)

fingers crossed !
Tip: take 2 back ups on 2 different storage devices. And before you launch the new HD, first check if your back ups have succeeded. ( don't ask me where I get this almost too precautious behaviour from :evil: )
Thanks for the advice !

Update: backups and change of hard disk are now planned for this night. Hoping to be back online tomorrow morning.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

As usual it took longer than expected ! Back online now, I will closely monitor the server!

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Following systems are not working or partially working:

server load (still running high)

mailserver (topic reply notifications and other mails not sent)