For transit passengers trough İstanbul..

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
TDTK

For transit passengers trough İstanbul..

Post by TDTK »

Please see this link for more information.
http://www.istanbulinhours.com/
A service from Turkish Airlines for transit pax.

hello11

Re: For transit passengers trough İstanbul..

Post by hello11 »

Very nice service, altough you need to have a VISA to enter Turkey, which costs €15. But that's not so expensive, as all other costs are dealt with by Turkish Airlines.

azingrew

Post by azingrew »

I think we have Turkish Airlines Public relations department as a member. Let's just hope every airlines doesn't use this platform to promote their product, personnaly I found this rather irritating.

regi

Post by regi »

The picture of the young chap who wondered around in the Grand Bazaar shows the same pottery I saw in ...Djerba ( Tunesia ) :) . I guess there is a mega factory in China that ships this stuff all over the world by container loads.
And this program: is it to hide long transit times :roll: ? Well, I want to remain positive. It is indeed better to explore Constantinopel/Byzantium than to remain bored at Istanbul airport for half a day.

cnc

Post by cnc »

if there's one city you need to visit in europe its istanbul! did a tour with TK btw :D

sterling

Post by sterling »

Hmmm... Emirates model... fly from x to y via Dubai and stay a few hours and visit something and leave some money there....
Smart move of THY,... but not original.

sophia

Post by sophia »

thank you

regi

Post by regi »

I did this already many years ago with Biman in Dhaka, Bangladesh. I thought that a 14 hour transit time, with free accomodation in a hotel + food, would give me a good opportunity to venture in this vibrant city.
Forget it. First of all, it is forbidden to leave the hotel. ( the passports are confiscated by security personnel ) This was solved with a small contribution to "the poor" of Bangladesh 8-)
Secondly, the guided tour in town and around was so slow because of all the riksja's that I got bored.
Third: the most exiting things to see were so run down and boring that we decided already after 4 hours we had seen enough. Back to the hotel and wait till pick up for the airport.
During other visits to Dhaka, I had learned my lesson.

I guess that Constantinopel is nicer to have a tour.

Maybe we can start a new topic: best and worst places for organised long transits. Let us erase Dhaka, Khartoum and Asmara beforehand. :|

hakan

Post by hakan »

Singapore Airlines have been doing this for years now. I had a tour in Singapore once like that. We liked Singapore so much, every time we flew with SIA we used their other offer to stay o/night with very reasonable hotel rates and break our 24 hour journey to stretch our legs.

Sterling is right. THY's offer is not original and new!

regi

Post by regi »

hakan wrote:Singapore Airlines have been doing this for years now. I had a tour in Singapore once like that. We liked Singapore so much, every time we flew with SIA we used their other offer to stay o/night with very reasonable hotel rates and break our 24 hour journey to stretch our legs.

Sterling is right. THY's offer is not original and new!
And I think Malaysian has something similar as well, including an organised tour to the Petronas Towers ( normally to be booked in advance !)