Korongo Airlines: THE END

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Bralo20

Re: Korongo Airlines

Post by Bralo20 »

cnc wrote:with 3.5M leasing an A333 and possible set up a new destination? you'll need 10 times that amount of money
Just for leasing an A333 you'll be fine with less then a million USD per month. The old A333's aren't going to much money, in slow times you'll have sufficient with even less then half a million USD, normal rates would be arround 800.000 USD as I remember correcty. Newer planes however can exceed a million per month. But even then it's subject to the person negociating the deal...

You can be sure that the A333's from SN aren't costing to much each month, they are (nearly) the oldest ones flying arround...

I'll estimate the costs of usage somewhere arround 3 to 450.000 USD per month (crew, insurance, fuel, etc...)...

However, setting up a new route costs indeed some more money besides leasings alone.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

For those interested in flying on MJE, it performed a flight to NCE today, so every day another destination, it seems.

Juulke

Post by Juulke »

tolipanebas wrote:For those interested in flying on MJE, it performed a flight to NCE today, so every day another destination, it seems.

And also to Prague

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

OO-MJE schedule for the following days, as it is loaded on 07FEB11 (you can check it on the SN website):

08FEB11

STD 09.35 BEL3597 BRU-MRS
STA 13.40 BEL3598 MRS-BRU
STD 15.10 BEL2811 BRU-PRG
STA 18.55 BEL2812 PRG-BRU

09FEB11

10FEB11

11FEB11

13FEB11

Established02

Post by Established02 »

tolipanebas wrote:Interestingly enough, the private Gulfstream of Forrest is now parked at the Brussels Airlines maintenance hangar in BRU, whereas before he had to rent parking at the General Aviation apron whenever visiting BRU.
Apparently just came back to the General Aviation side after having been parked for weeks on the other side of the runway.
Attachments
_MG_9351.jpg

Shanti

Post by Shanti »

I still don't know that Korongo Airlines is a belgian carrier or a carrier from Congo. Maybe a very
stupid question. Does anyone knows when the first flight will leave from Africa?

torchus

Post by torchus »

Any other flights planned for MJE tomorrow (13th) except for the Prague flight ?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,
torchus wrote:Any other flights planned for MJE tomorrow (13th) except for the Prague flight ?
For those who will fly Korongo's Bae, such as me, on a decent price,..

I asked SN what it would cost to organise a roundflight for the interested ones..
they were enthousiast and said they will answer me/give the price as soon as the involved department
can answer, if it may not work out maybe for the second Bae146..
I was thinking of a saturday somewhere end March if possible..

The asked also how many people would join if it can ..
I have for now 5 pax :lol: !

I said that the max.price should be 60/75 euros otherwise I won't start the job for finding and organising
such a thing..

MORE INFO WILL FOLLOW WHEN-IF I GET AN ANSWER OF SN..

For those who are also interested .. please send me a PM with how many pax..
if enough interest and a decent price (below 75 euro ) I will make a TOPIC of it..

If no interest or no decent price this idea will die offcourse .. :mrgreen:

So hoping of at least 70 enthousiasts .. I guess..

SN said 80 pax is max of a BAE 146..

If someone has more info/tips for organising such a thing please send tips..
because I'm DARK-GREEN on these stuff............

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

fretn

Post by fretn »

Best spread this on other aviation forums, flightlevel? also aviation forums in the Netherlands, Germany, Northern France, Luxemburg.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Max seating capacity on the Bae146 is 84 seats...

supposing you sell all of the tickets at the max price of 75 euro (minus taxes for BRU), that means about 3,700 euro or so, so it should be doable, but don't be surprised about the pice they will quote you: it's going to have to be a quite a short flight only for that revenue: definitely less than 30 minutes or so, if they really charge ad hoc charter prices.

Of course, the big question is: are you going to find 84 enthousiasts willing to fly on MJE?
After all, there's really nothing special about it, but for it's colourscheme, you know?

Maybe we can set up a poll here, so as to help you get an idea of just how many candidates there might be? I wouldn't expect much interest from abroad, given this is no special type of plane, so a 'Belgian' poll should already give a good idea for sure.

Good luck!

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

I have to agree with Toli... MJE is just another "BAE", nothing special about it, the special thing is the outside of the plane, the beautiful colorscheme... I don't see any reasons to fly with MJE.

But a poll should be good to get an idea

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

A poll should be a great idea for help indeed !
( as long as I don't have an answer from SN )
Nice to hear it can be possible, but indeed as always for such a flight an average of 95% loadfactor is minimum,
quite curious if it's possible haha..

And yes tole.., I indeed asked for a flight of approx. 30 minutes since it's just a 'luchtdoop' , normal BAE146..

BTW some merchandise .. indeed OO-DMJ is indeed just an BAE 146.. but this type is leaving the fleet and
with the renewal of SN short hauls fleet of the AVRO-family in the near future maybe an opportunity.. for
the young members..
Holiday-flight are mostly B737-A320-A319 so no AVRO's .. 8-)
Also nice opportunity to have closeby pics of an SN(family) plane we don't gonna see quick back in europe !
You see, think positive !! :D

But indeed, filling is the hardest part.. :?

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Well who knows, if SN/ZC have the event rightly timed shortly before the departure to the RDC, they might make use of it to put the new company in the spotlights or even just see it as a convenient photo opportunity while still in Belgium...

Obviously that would require cabin crew to wear the ZC uniform then, something which they don't do right now, not even the Congolese crews in training which are currently flying on SN flights: everything is still SN style on board (but for a small thin blue line on the overhead bins), but who knows, they might make 'your' flight a ZC style flight?!

That would definitely make the flight more interesting to enthousiasts, but also far far harder to organize.

Good luck!

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

I was just thinking, maybe you can team up with airshows.be (and have as well an A2A fotoshoot in mean time? some members over there seem to have good connections in that world) and get SN even more enthousiast on this 'project'? Just an idea...

I think luchtzak is way too small to get 70-80 people on this (as said before), so to make this work you'll have to collaborate with some 'competing' websites. ;)

Anyhow, good luck with the project.

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

I was just thinking, maybe you can team up with airshows.be (and have as well an A2A fotoshoot in mean time? some members over there seem to have good connections in that world) and get SN even more enthousiast on this 'project'? Just an idea...
good idea.. fill MJE with 20 journalists + 64 luchtzakkers at 75 EUR...take off in Bru... flyover in one or two airshows ....A2A fotoshoot... land at regional airport ANR or OST ... press conference for journalists on board and local media.. return to BRU.. would be nice promotion for the Korongo project..and nice experience for the LZ-enthusiasts
grtz..

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

Just make it ridiculous altogether... Greatly appreciated! :(

EBAW

Post by EBAW »

Hi there!

You can send an email to scramble/ ASA -Aviation spotters society of Antwerp!
These magazines have a lot of members!

is it the last day to cath OO-MJE? dep 15u10 to Prague?

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

EBAW wrote:is it the last day to cath OO-MJE? dep 15u10 to Prague?
The aircraft is flying the same schedule (MRS and PRG) for at least the following days.

Sabena320

Post by Sabena320 »

A very nice idea (I already sent you a PM). I did already a 'doopvlucht' on the 2nd of October in 2005 with the Avro of SN because I really like the type, my favourite aircraft after the A345/6. On that day they did several flights (8 or 10 if I'm not wrong) for around €50. Routing was takeoff from 25R, then to COA and a flight along the coast and then back to 25R. Flighttime was around 30 minutes. Of course, it was for 'Openbedrijvendag' so there was publicity which maked it less difficult to organise. I think that finding 80 people can't be too difficult. If there is more known about the price then we can sort it out and I'm quite confident that it won't be too difficult. I guess a Saturday morning or Sunday will be the best option.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

I too took one of these flights, from hangar 117, on OO-DWA. It cost 35 euros : BRU - Sint Niklaas - Ghent - Oostende - Koksijde - Ghent - Sint Niklaas - Antwerpen - Leuven - BRU in 52 minutes ...