First permanent B777F to Brussels Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

First permanent B777F to Brussels Airport

Post by Atlantis »

DHL Express is going to expand again from Brussels Airport.

As we can see in the latest Integrator figures, an increase in volume, we noticed that the hub is ready.
From Mid October, DHL Express is going to start up a new freighter service from Brussels Airport to Bahrein. They are going to fly this route 3 times a week and they are going to bring the B777F of Aerologic to Brussels Airport.

This is not all. As we knew DHL Express started also new freigher routes from Brussels to Barcelona and Madrid and this from 13 September.

They are also going to upgrade the route to Lagos. At this moment they are using a B762F but as from December 6th they are going to use a B763F.

flightlover

Re: First permanent B777F to Brussels Airport

Post by flightlover »

Maybe, in a few years time we have forgotten the DHL-express hub with it's night time flights. And prayse the lord for the integrator hub they have. ;)

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

I'm not sure I understand ...
They leave BRU and now they develop it again ? Why would you do such a thing ?
And if their main hub in in LEJ, why not fly long haul from there ...

Anyway, it's quite a good news. A 777f is always something.
Last edited by sn26567 on 01 Oct 2010, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected airport code of Leipzig

AF036

Post by AF036 »

Acid-drop wrote:I'm not sure I understand ...
They leave BRU and now they develop it again ? Why would you do such a thing ?
And if their main hub in in LEJ, why not fly long haul from there ...
That is because the demand is very high on the BCN and MAD flights, with the 757 they are almost always max landing weight limited there.
The Lagos has always been operated out of BRU (I don't know the exact reason for that) changing from an American ABX 762 to a DHL Air 763 looks normal to me.
As announced, they will only fly one 777 three time per week BRU-BAH, this doesn't mean DHL doesn't fly longhaul out of LEJ! Their 7 aircrafts (D-AALA to D-AALF) fly outbound LEJ and FRA to EMA, SHJ, BAH, DEL, SIN, HKG, PVG, ICN, ALA and TAS. 8 aircrafts were ordered so their network isn't complete yet.

Cheers,
Freight Dog 8-)

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

Is / was Kalitta not flying for DHL to Bahrein?

If yes, are those Aerlogic flights adding extra capacity or should we see it as a replacement?

OO-VEX

Mavke

Post by Mavke »

Hi all,

the flight to BCN and MAD is operated by a 737F from swiftair, but indeed the volume to spain arent bad at all, as we have a full 757 flying from Brussels to Vitoria also.

the flight LEJ-BRU-BAH wil be operated by a Kallita 747F on mondays and wednesdays , Tuesdays wil be a B777F . but this is about to change when reaching the year end , then we get a 777F on the 3 days.
This flight should be extra capacity as the Kallita flight EWR-BRU-BAH shouldnt change.

the 767-300 for the Lagos flight could be a new one from Abx air , 6 december is the time that the first 767-300 from them wil roll-out cargo conversion at Tell Aviv

Abxair took over 3 former Qantas 767-300s

Aerologic has 15 B772F on order , D-AALA to D-AALO are registrated for Aerologic

Hope this helps ...