BRU winter 2010-2011: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

janvdc

Re: BRU winter 2010-2011: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by janvdc »

There is a clear misunderstanding on this subject that deserves to be set straight.

Hong Kong Airlines have announced their intention to start operating a freighter service between Brussels and Hong Kong, via Delhi, with A330F full freighter aircraft as from the coming autumn.

Though this may well be possible in the future, the airline has expressed NO plans to start passenger operations between Brussels and Hong Kong at this time.

The misunderstanding about the startup of passenger services was fed by an article that appeared in La Libre, which was purely speculative, and incorrect. Yesterday's press release by MAp with an overview of traffic figures for June indeed mentions the startup of a passenger flight, but this is based on confusion with the announced cargo operation.

We certainly look forward to their freighter service : the first Airbus 330F @ BRU :)

Jan Van der Cruysse
Media Relations
Brussels Airport

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks, Jan, for this important statement which I think will close the discussion.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

See my posts of 14.07 and 21.07. I think it was clear from the beginning for all parties.

I've been saying this now for years. Wait before an airline or airport announce the news, THEN you are certain. This gossip was now seen at Luchtvaartnieuws.nl, Flightlevel, the Belgian newspapers, etc etc.

The press is playing this game clever: "a source close to the case" is always their reaction. :roll:

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Atlantis wrote:The press is playing this game clever: "a source close to the case" is always their reaction. :roll:
Professional journalists should know better: if you can't get a confirmation from two reliable and independent sources, then you shouldn't publish the story. I don't see why anyone here should take the blame for the deontological mistakes of the professionals.

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

janvdc wrote: Yesterday's press release by MAp with an overview of traffic figures for June indeed mentions the startup of a passenger flight, but this is based on confusion with the announced cargo operation.

We certainly look forward to their freighter service : the first Airbus 330F @ BRU :)

Jan Van der Cruysse
Media Relations
Brussels Airport
:lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;)

Funny !!!! So MAp has confused with La Libre and Het Nieuwsblad ??? This is weird... Would PR people with all their skills confuse a cargo and a pax flight ?

Note that HX is tight with its A330 pax deliveries, this might explain that. Though I'm sure the (minimum) need for censorship is also at stake in this very case ;) :ugeek:

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

janvdc wrote:There is a clear misunderstanding on this subject that deserves to be set straight.

Hong Kong Airlines have announced their intention to start operating a freighter service between Brussels and Hong Kong, via Delhi, with A330F full freighter aircraft as from the coming autumn.

Though this may well be possible in the future, the airline has expressed NO plans to start passenger operations between Brussels and Hong Kong at this time.

The misunderstanding about the startup of passenger services was fed by an article that appeared in La Libre, which was purely speculative, and incorrect. Yesterday's press release by MAp with an overview of traffic figures for June indeed mentions the startup of a passenger flight, but this is based on confusion with the announced cargo operation.

Jan Van der Cruysse
Media Relations
Brussels Airport
Shame. Brussels Airport could really do with some more connections with Asia.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Ozzie1969 wrote: Shame. Brussels Airport could really do with some more connections with Asia.
Well actually I believe the Hong Kong service will come in the future anyway. As I understand HK Airlines isn't due to start operations this year, I expect them to start operations in 2011. In 2011 they will have more A330's available and with Hainan having plans to develop BRU as hub, I see HK airlines comming to BRU in the future anyway. I would be suprised if they don't start operations in summer 2011 and if they don't do that I would be even more suprised if they don't start operations in winter 2011/2012.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Is JAF going to use their 767 again on the ''european'' routes (Egypt, Tunisia, Jordan) ?

thx for the info
Citybird
The flying dream

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

MR_Boeing wrote:Well actually I believe the Hong Kong service will come in the future anyway. As I understand HK Airlines isn't due to start operations this year, I expect them to start operations in 2011.
We will see if HK Airlines will be the one who start up the HKG - BRU route. It was Hainan Airlines idea to start it up. But if they could do that via HK Airlines fine.
CTBke wrote:Is JAF going to use their 767 again on the ''european'' routes (Egypt, Tunisia, Jordan) ?

thx for the info
JAF will indeed use their B767 on certain European routes and this on certain days. One of those routes is to Egypt.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Atlantis wrote:
We will see if HK Airlines will be the one who start up the HKG - BRU route. It was Hainan Airlines idea to start it up. But if they could do that via HK Airlines fine.
Well ok, it can also be Hainan. :P But I think it will be HK Airlines. Wasn't it Hainans plan to develop the Hong Kong network with HK Airlines? Or am I wrong? Whatever... :P I think we'll see one of them on the Hong Kong route in 2011 or at least in 2012.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I'm not saying that Hainan will be the one who is going to start up that new line. I said that it was Hainan's idea to start up that line, but in aviation what you decide this morning can be different then this afternoon.
Today all flights from Hong Kong are going via Beijing to Brussels Airport.

The focus of Hainan is different then Hongkong airlines. Hainan will create a European hub (probably BRU) and is focussing to Africa and the United States.

Hongkong Airlines is a daughter of Hainan Airlines and is a young company with this year their first international flight and first A330.
They are going to expand further their fleet in 2010/2011 with new flights to Istanbul, Paris and Tokyo.

Time will tell. You have to be patient.

Outsync

Post by Outsync »

Starting september Hainan will utilise the A346 for the Shanghai route. The 330 is close to it's limit on this route thus the 346 will take it's place.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Outsync wrote:Starting september Hainan will utilise the A346 for the Shanghai route. The 330 is close to it's limit on this route thus the 346 will take it's place.
Both PVG & PEK are still loaded as a 330 operation...

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

Outsync wrote:Starting september Hainan will utilise the A346 for the Shanghai route. The 330 is close to it's limit on this route thus the 346 will take it's place.

What is your source??

grtz

Jipe

Post by Jipe »

Hello,

I discussed today with one hostess from Hainan. She confirmed me that they will use the 346.

JP

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Jipe wrote:Hello,

I discussed today with one hostess from Hainan. She confirmed me that they will use the 346.

JP
Only on the PVG or also on the PEK route?

MIVB-reiziger

Post by MIVB-reiziger »

Would this be the first A340-600 in regular & scheduled service @ BRU, or have we seen other ones before?

Jipe

Post by Jipe »

It should be only for Shangai

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

MIVB-reiziger wrote:Would this be the first A340-600 in regular & scheduled service @ BRU, or have we seen other ones before?
I think it's the first. Some years ago Hainan already planned Shangai-Brussels with the A346 but that plan was cancelled and Etihad planned to fly 1 of their 6 weekly flights with the A346, it was even loaded in the booking systems but that plan was also cancelled.
So if this one will really come, it will be the first. :D

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Yesterday LOT published a press release (Polish only) announcing the changes in its winter schedule. Among other changes, they announced one additional mid-day flight from Warsaw to Brussels.
André
ex Sabena #26567