Who is still around?

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
A318

Who is still around?

Post by A318 »

Hi everybody, I was just scrolling down some topics and discovered a lot of new users on luchtzak since the time I was really a lot online.
Who is still there from the 2003-2004 period?
Last time I was here got the news that MD-11 is doing his dangerous tricks with a train now instead of driving classes by car :lol: , Comet is still around and as far as I can remeber Regi is one of the "old" ones. So hey, who is still here during these turbulent aviation times :?:

Greetz,

Erwin ;)
A Whole Different Animal

Advisor

Re: Who is still around?

Post by Advisor »

Well they say old aviators don't die, they just soar higher and higher.

I'm still lurking around.

Good to see that people care of senior citizens :mrgreen:

Greetings galore to all.
Aum Sweet Aum.

regi

Post by regi »

Regi is holding on.

But I have somewhere the impression that the influx of new material has dried up.

No mentioning of the latest helicopter crash at Aberdeen - which is so remarkable because a similar accident happened just some months before.

Nothing about the damage at the Belgian F-16 engines in A'stan.

So, come on guys, don't get lazy. It is better to post something with little importance than do nothing at all. ( I think )

Comet

Post by Comet »

I'm still here :mrgreen: Though I've just got a new job today and I keep having problems logging in so I'm not very active just now.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Two marked absences for me: VC10 and Nat from Moskva. Any news about them?

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Two marked absences for me: VC10 and Nat from Moskva. Any news about them?
Nat found another job and told the webteam she would have little time left for www.luchtzak.be

Comet

Post by Comet »

Two marked absences for me: VC10 and Nat from Moskva. Any news about them?
VC10 has decided she doesn't like using the computer. It had to go in for repair a while ago and she doesn't like to use it now in case she causes it to go wrong. I still keep her up to date about what happens here though.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

luchtzak wrote:Nat found another job and told the webteam she would have little time left for https://www.aviation24.be
It's a pity that Nat don't has posted since oct. 2007. Why is she still a member of the " Latest news team " ?

EHAM

Post by EHAM »

I joined this site in 2004, but I'm not very active here. :oops:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

galaxy wrote:It's a pity that Nat don't has posted since oct. 2007. Why is she still a member of the " Latest news team " ?
Because she did not send her resignation, and we still hope that her job will allow her to become more active again.
André
ex Sabena #26567

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

I'm back after a loooooooooooong "winter sleep" :oops: To many things have hapenned and not so good ones... But now my life is taking a new start I've decided to come here again more often. Today I got my first Airways Mag as a new subscriber ( renewal ) and if I have the time I'll start drawing also again from time to time... Nice to "see" you all again...
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

MD-11 wrote:I'm back after a loooooooooooong "winter sleep" :oops: To many things have hapenned and not so good ones... But now my life is taking a new start I've decided to come here again more often. Today I got my first Airways Mag as a new subscriber ( renewal ) and if I have the time I'll start drawing also again from time to time... Nice to "see" you all again...
Awesome....ur drawings did make us feel splendid. Great to hear ur back. Hows the new house and all.
Aum Sweet Aum.

regi

Post by regi »

It is getting quiet after NCB left. If you insist I take over his role and launch an avelange of provocative subjects, so everybody is awake again.
It almost sounds as if I miss NCB.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Suffering from age, too, Regi?

regi

Post by regi »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Suffering from age, too, Regi?
I miss a bit the laughter.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

regi wrote:It almost sounds as if I miss NCB.
I admit, maybe his ideas were so 'weird' but he made/started some discussions
that were intresting to read, sometimes checked luchtzak just because I was curious after
the replies.
We 'bashed' him maybe too hard, pity , but I never believed he worked really for SN !
In the end he made somethings up because he didn't find a way out (my opinion).

So Regi,if you want ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Age.. pity enough is getting old the only way to die very old ! :?
Cheers, Jan !
( hope I can get ever so far :lol: )
Was on Thalys to Paris yesterday and had to return to BXL due to train collision,
make you thinks on somethings :( !

Ciao,CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

regi

Post by regi »

yes dear members, despite this is about aviation, I think that we as ( regular) travellers share the same thinking that it could happen to us as well.
Btw , the Thalys passes by that point of collission. Imagine, a Thalys that does there +- 200km/h, a bogie from the collision that goes of the track and we have a new Eschede disaster.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICE-Ungl%C ... on_Eschede
Rail travel has quite a lot in common with the aviation world. And safety is also a major point , even from the earliest days. ( with the first trains, a man had to walk in front of the train with a flag to chase away people and animals from the tracks )

Just as with aviation, many safety precautions are brought in because of accidents, too late in fact. Similar here where the automatic stopping system was not yet build in. The explanation for the delay is really dreadful. Not just money, but a combination of mistrust, politics, appointments, nationalism between several UIC members ( let's say the European rail equivalent to IATA ),... so...human errors. Not only at the moment of the crash. But years before.

regi

Post by regi »

cathay belgium wrote:
regi wrote:It almost sounds as if I miss NCB.
I admit, maybe his ideas were so 'weird' but he made/started some discussions
that were intresting to read, sometimes checked luchtzak just because I was curious after
the replies.
We 'bashed' him maybe too hard, pity , but I never believed he worked really for SN !
In the end he made somethings up because he didn't find a way out (my opinion).

So Regi,if you want ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Age.. pity enough is getting old the only way to die very old ! :?
Cheers, Jan !
( hope I can get ever so far :lol: )
Was on Thalys to Paris yesterday and had to return to BXL due to train collision,
make you thinks on somethings :( !

Ciao,CX-B
My first unintentional effort did well, didn't it?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Regi,

I loved it ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

CX-B

( am quite jealous of your hundreds of flights... ,
pro ? or lucky job ? or quite as old as Jan :lol: , I'm already eforic(?) if I reach around 15 flights a year,
and this with the help of FR ;) )

nice weekend and please go on ... 8-)
New types flown 2022.. A339

regi

Post by regi »

cathay belgium wrote:Regi,

I loved it ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

CX-B

( am quite jealous of your hundreds of flights... ,
pro ? or lucky job ? or quite as old as Jan :lol: , I'm already eforic(?) if I reach around 15 flights a year,
and this with the help of FR ;) )

nice weekend and please go on ... 8-)
Strange to see that the subject about Ryanair still attracts so much FLAK - despite Ryanair is not yet coming back to Ostend.
Quite similar with NCB who started about narrow bodies to Africa.
Difference with him is that I will not pull out by myself. If I would tresspass forum regulations and get a warning I would comply to the moderators reaction. I got a warning some years ago , quite in the beginning.
I think it was because I attacked somebody personally.

But if we see that it are just these subjects that get so much reaction and bring life in the group, should I not do it on purpose?
I dropped a little bomb today with that small line connecting the AF crash with the Vincennes. No reaction yet. Some people must be sleepy. :)
Waky waky !