5th A330 for Brussels Airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

tolipanebas

Re: 5th A330 for Brussels Airlines

Post by tolipanebas »

NCB wrote:It's confidential info but since no one knows who I work for, I can tell you that list price is in the $200 million arena for A333, but for an order of 15 or so you probably don't pay more than $85 million a piece.

Second hand you could go down all the way to around $20 million for the early MSN's (but here the value depends more on the engines rather than the airframe), but lease rates don't decrease proportionally, they tend to stay higher.
The full list price of an A330 is publicly known and can be found online quite easily, whereas the $85M price is the one NW said to have paid for their A330s a few years ago (although it remained unclear if that included the engines or not).... nothing confidential about that at all really.

By renewing its fleet, MH said it expects to save almost $90M (€60M) annually as from 2016, although obviously not all of that comes from lower direct operating costs of the newer planes, as MH will now have (some) of these birds in ownership, rather than lease them and the lower maintenance costs also need to be factored in.

Currently MH have 11 early built A330s on lease, with the first one leaving next year already... ;-)

For those interested in the 'confidential' list prices, here's an overview from Boeing's public site:
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/prices/

and the same from Airbus
http://www.airbus.com/store/mm_reposito ... es2008.pdf

diminbru

Post by diminbru »

tolipanebas wrote:
airbuske wrote: Will it be the A330 wit MSN095 now operated by Malasian Airlines ? ;)
Malaysian has placed a fleet roll-over order for 15 brandnew A333s with Airbus today. ;-)

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/20 ... a330s.html

Seems like one of the technical issues still pending as mentioned in SN's internal communication on the matter has just been solved.... 8-)
Why do you think the 5th A333 will be one from MH? As they ordered new 330's today, they will only be replaced from 2011. And the fifth A333 should arrive in 2010...
---------------------------------------

link to Wikipedia page of MH :
in fleet section, this comment has been added : 1 will go to Brussels Airlines from 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_airlines#Fleet
Last edited by diminbru on 23 Dec 2009, 09:30, edited 1 time in total.

FLYING CARPET

Post by FLYING CARPET »

Hi all.

For info, this 5'th A330 well enable Brussels Airlines to add 4 new African destinations in their own right:

ACCRA, LOMÉ, COTONOU & OUAGADOUGOU - starting middle of June 2010.
Final schedules should be in all reservation systems by mid-Feb.

Like most (if not all?) flight to Africa, this will be triangular flights with to destination on each rotation.

Best regars

summersso

Post by summersso »

Am surprised no-one has mentioned the four new Air Comet A333s now available (if AC have really gone under)... Are they an option?

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

summersso wrote:Am surprised no-one has mentioned the four new Air Comet A333s now available (if AC have really gone under)... Are they an option?
Sure they are A330-300s? I can only see 4 A330-200s (EC-KUO/VS/XB/YC)? Or do you mean new deliveries?

summersso

Post by summersso »

sdbelgium wrote:
summersso wrote:Am surprised no-one has mentioned the four new Air Comet A333s now available (if AC have really gone under)... Are they an option?
Sure they are A330-300s? I can only see 4 A330-200s (EC-KUO/VS/XB/YC)? Or do you mean new deliveries?
sorry typo yes meant A332s!

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Airbus A330 -322 sn 95 OO- Brussels Airlines for delivery mar10 ex KUL ex 9M-MKR
Source: skyliner-aviation.de

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

sdbelgium wrote:
Airbus A330 -322 sn 95 OO- Brussels Airlines for delivery mar10 ex KUL ex 9M-MKR
Source: skyliner-aviation.de
Good news! This leaves a bit more then 2,5 months to prepare the a/c for EIS in June. I think those months will be needed to update the interior to SN standards and to apply the new paintjob etc...

Anyone with an idea of the new reg (also for the 'new' 319's) ?

fretn

Post by fretn »

Glad to see another 330 beauty joining the fleet!
Can't wait to see it flying in SN colours

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

fretn wrote: Can't wait to see it flying in SN colours
Are they not going to paint in the Star Alliance colors? If they do, they'd have one Star Alliance jet in both the most important a/c types in the fleet.

And, while we're at it, are the first three 330's going to be repainted in the full SN colors or are they going to keep the hybrid colorscheme untill they eventually get removed from the fleet?

The same goes for OO-SSM en -SSK, both A319's still have the hybrid colorscheme... Are they going to be repainted as well or is SN going to wait for their D-checks (whenever they happen)?

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

At a time when most airlines go through difficult times because of the crisis, repainting those aircraft with hybrid color schemes does not seem to be a priority to me. All aircraft now have the same logo on the tail, which is ok. My guess is that when the fleet is renewed, all new aircraft will get a common new livery.
As to the 5th A330, if it gets a b.air livery it will be good for SN's visibility in Africa. If it gets a Star Alliance livery it will be good for Star's visibility. It will also be a message that SN is part of the Alliance.
Just wait and see.
In favor of quality air travel.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

I found the new destinations between the other destinations in the booking engine.
But the schedules are not yet in the system.
Can we expect an annoucement soon?
Best regards,

Airbuske

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

airbuske wrote:I found the new destinations between the other destinations in the booking engine.
You can always post them here ;)

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

Bralo20 wrote:
airbuske wrote:I found the new destinations between the other destinations in the booking engine.
You can always post them here ;)
I don't think it was a good idea to already load them in the booking engine... But anyway, the announcement will be this week I think...

( Don't shoot me if it's next week ;) )

EICAS

Post by EICAS »

Bralo20 wrote:You can always post them here ;)
I'm guessing*: Accra, Cape Town, Cotonou, Johannesburg, Lagos, Lomé, Ouagadougou? And what to think about Boston?

* It's possible some of these are reachable via codeshare with LH, i didn't check on that.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

EICAS wrote:Accra, Cape Town, Cotonou, Johannesburg?
These destinations can already be accessed now through FRA in codeshare with LH.
André
ex Sabena #26567

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

airbuske wrote:I found the new destinations between the other destinations in the booking engine!
As I have alluded to in another topic some time ago, they have in fact been there for quite some time if you knew how to show them....
Bralo20 wrote:You can always post them here

They already have been posted here almost 2 months ago and it stirred quite some commotion back then!

The 'trick' you needed to play on their website was to do as if you were booking on an existing destination (so via the first page of the home page) and then, once inside the booking module, simply change your destination through the pull down menu... and there they were! :roll:
sn26567 wrote:
EICAS wrote:Accra, Cape Town, Cotonou, Johannesburg?
These destinations can already be accessed now through FRA in codeshare with LH.
Not all of them... start to eliminate which ones can, and which ones can't....
Last edited by tolipanebas on 16 Feb 2010, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

airtrotter

Post by airtrotter »

Cotonou, Lomé and Ouagadougou?

what booking engine are you talking about? I can't find them on their website?

grs

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

They're in the list of destinations (on the left), but no schedules and thus no flights have been loaded (yet).

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

sdbelgium wrote:They're in the list of destinations (on the left)
No, for as far as I can see, they are not to be found there, but you can reveil them quite easily, as I have explained before (see above).

So it isn't as straightforward as you seem to think, but it isn't as big a secret as SN thought either, because they have been there for quite a while already.... :roll: