Sabena DVD from Cinematek

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

b-west

Sabena DVD from Cinematek

Post by b-west »

On november 9, Cinematek (new name of the Royal Belgian Film Archive) will be releasing a DVD about Sabena.

Here's a short excerpt, a vintage Sabena promo-movie. Looks like a must-have DVD for me :)

waldova

Re: Sabena DVD from Cinematek

Post by waldova »

And where will it be sold? Anybody has any clue!

This DVD is indeed a must have DVD!!!

ExSabena

Post by ExSabena »

waldova wrote:And where will it be sold? Anybody has any clue!

This DVD is indeed a must have DVD!!!
Yes indeed : 19 EUR in the shops

regi

Post by regi »

If there will be made a DVD about every airline that went bust , you can open a shop with only those on the shelves.
Add some memorabilia ( we are still using at our friendship association some Sabena stuff from the big sales +-5 years ago ... ) and you have a very new niche market.

Depretair

Post by Depretair »

Hello

I found a promo price for this DVD : 12 € iso 19 € !
Follow the link : http://www.dh.be/sabena

Cheers,

Olivier

b-west

Post by b-west »

Thanks for the link, I've ordered it immediately... I suppose La DH will wonder why people from Ghent start ordering from their site ;)

SNam

Post by SNam »

I was just wondering if people who ordered this dvd through the site of La Derniere Heure already received their dvd. I paid it begin november and didn't receive anything untill now.

Thanks!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I ordered it through La Libre Belgique (for 10.99) and received it a few days later.
André
ex Sabena #26567

grnkg

Post by grnkg »

SNam wrote:I was just wondering if people who ordered this dvd through the site of La Derniere Heure already received their dvd. I paid it begin november and didn't receive anything untill now.

Thanks!
Same here mate!
Paid early november and nothing received. :(

Maybe it's time to get a few answers from them. Only problem is, my french isn't very good.

Kind regards,
GR.

SNam

Post by SNam »

I've send them an e-mail, so i'll just wait for an answer and keep you up to date!

Greetings,
Sam

BigJets

Post by BigJets »

I had ordered already 3 at different time periods and got them all. It takes about 2 weeks for you to get it.

Did you receive a reply email when you made your order as I did? (see example). Is your home mailbox large enough for the envelope? (The DVD arrives in a white bubble envelope). There is also a telephone number and an email address below to contact them in case of problems.

This is the mail. Hope this helps:

Cher Monsieur,

La Dernière Heure / Les Sports vous remercie pour votre commande.

Voici les informations que vous nous avez transmises. Conservez-les jusqu'à la réception de votre commande.

Votre commande:
---------------
Identifiant : COM-...
Offre : DVD - Sabena. Belgian World Airlines- Offre réservées aux lecteurs de La DH.
Payé : 12,00 euros
Mode de paiement : En ligne par paiement sécurisé

Vos coordonnées:
----------------
Nom : ...
Prénom : ...
Adresse : ...
Localité : ...
Pays : Belgique

Informations supplémentaires:
-----------------------------
E-Mail : ...

Adresse de livraison:
----------------------
Monsieur ...

Votre commande sera envoyée d'ici peu à l'adresse précisée ci-dessus.

En cas de problème, n'hésitez pas à nous contacter au +32 (0)2 744 44 55
ou par e-mail à l'adresse suivante : mailto:[email protected]

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

I have seen it on sale at the bookshop "Filigranes", Brussels (avenue des Arts, Kunstlaan).

simulator

Post by simulator »

ordered and paid it on 30 october.... received confirmation email...
no dvd received till now, called them yesterday and today, (En cas de problème, n'hésitez pas à nous contacter au +32 (0)2 744 44 55), they promised me to call me back with info on delivery date etc etc but I did not get a call from them...(yet)
my mailbox is big enough for the envelope ;-)

Depretair

Post by Depretair »

same for me,

ordered end october, not received yet...
I called last week to have some more info, they answered that i had to wait 1 more week and try again ...
It's becoming long ...

grnkg

Post by grnkg »

Hi all,

Instead of calling them, I wrote an email enquiry about the delivery status.
Below is the answer I received:

Bonjour Mr G...,

J’ai effectué une recherche sur base de votre nom et je n’ai malheureusement pas retrouvé votre paiement.

Afin d’effectuer d’autres recherches, j’aurais besoin de renseignements complémentaires :
- Mode de paiement : visa, virement
- Date du paiement
- Nom du titulaire du compte
- Montant (en effet, la tarif différait selon si vous étiez abonné ou non)

Dès l’obtention de ces renseignements, je procéderais à une nouvelle vérification et vous tiendrai au courant quant à l’envoi des dvd.

Merci d’avance

Upon receipt of this answer, I forwarded them the confirmation email of the order.
I advise anyone who called and did not get any return call to start writing them emails as well, and include/forward immediately your order confirmation.

Kind regards,
GR.

regi

Post by regi »

No report on the DVD itself !
Sounds almost as Sabena itself: everybody complained about it: the high ticket price, the old BRU terminal, the strikes , whatever. But nobody flew them. :)

Jipe

Post by Jipe »

I have the same problem so. DVD ordered the 31/10 and mail of order confirmation received. I contacted the DH the 12/11, they answered they'll send this DVD again. I called again back the 20/11 and they said they will again send it but in case of the DVD does not arrive at destination, we'll need to find an arrangement. I will call them again tomorrow but maibe for the last time. I will so invite them to read this topic (maybe it can help but it will not damage more the actual situation).

What I don't understand is that my father ordered an other DVD the 31/10, "le mariage de Mr Bossemans" and received it during the first week of November. We receive so the DH each day at home. Then, for me it is not a problem with the Belgian Post.

b-west

Post by b-west »

I've sent them a mail last week asking where the DVD was, but haven't received a reply yet. One would almost start thinking in stereotypes ;) :)

SNam

Post by SNam »

Hello,

I've send them an e-mail last week, they replied me to ask for my personal details and payment info.
And know i am still waiting for an answer.

So we will see,

Bye!

SN539

Post by SN539 »

Hello,

I also ordered the DVD on 31/10 via "La DH" and didn't received any parcel this day.

I've just send an email (in french) with copy of my order confirmation. I also did mention this forum pointing out that there were a lot of people who didn't receive any valid answer from their services.

As we say : "wait and see" ...