Spotting at Melsbroek

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

sergioboeing

Spotting at Melsbroek

Post by sergioboeing »

Dear All,

Does anybody know if the Delhaize at Melsbroek is a good spotting location for Take Off at RWY 25R?

Thanks in advance,
Serge
Best regards,
Sergioboeing

Established02

Re: Spotting at Melsbroek

Post by Established02 »

sergioboeing wrote:Delhaize at Melsbroek is a good spotting location for Take Off at RWY 25R?
Depends on what your expectations are for a good spotting location, but generally not.

You don't have an overview on the runway there, so you don't see what is coming.

As you are watching the departing traffic facing the South, lighting conditions for photography are only good as from the early evening.

I have never seen a spotter around Delhaize.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

sergioboeing wrote:Dear All,

Does anybody know if the Delhaize at Melsbroek is a good spotting location for Take Off at RWY 25R?

Thanks in advance,
Serge
Not a good idea. Like member Established02 said, no overview of the runway and it is not so funny to wait several minutes on a parking between all the movement: clients of Delhaize and all the action of a cargo airport.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

25R take-offs were often spotted and photographed from the "Mosselbank" location at Diegem-Lo, a bit further down the runway and on the south side; but I'm not sure that location remains available/accessible today.

sergioboeing

Post by sergioboeing »

Thank you all.
Serge
Best regards,
Sergioboeing

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

jan_olieslagers wrote:25R take-offs were often spotted and photographed from the "Mosselbank" location at Diegem-Lo, a bit further down the runway and on the south side; but I'm not sure that location remains available/accessible today.
This spot is now the big personnel parking lot (moved from Brucargo to the "Mosselbank" some years ago).
But, in this neighbourhood you can take some nice pictures when they are landing on 07L.

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

Is there a good place to spot rwy 25R departures and have an overview of the airport movements?
Best Regards Raymond

Megaman

Post by Megaman »

Can anyone give me the best spotting adresses at BRU? I've tried to get a good spot to go with my kid, but never seem to manage to find a spot with a clear view of the runway and landing/taking off planes. (which was close enough)

If you can share some of your spots, that would be most welcome. I'm looking for spots where the airplanes can be most impressive.

Thanks!

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

Megaman wrote:Can anyone give me the best spotting adresses at BRU? I've tried to get a good spot to go with my kid, but never seem to manage to find a spot with a clear view of the runway and landing/taking off planes. (which was close enough)

If you can share some of your spots, that would be most welcome. I'm looking for spots where the airplanes can be most impressive.

Thanks!
One of the better spots is at the refugee center 127bis at Steenokkerzeel, or at the water tower. At both places you'll be watching landing aircraft for runway 25L. At the spot at the refugee center you'll see the touchdown from close.
Best Regards Raymond

Megaman

Post by Megaman »

Do you have an address I can log into my GPS?

Thanks!

SilverJET

Post by SilverJET »

The location of the Refugee center is:
Transitcentrum 127bis (Steenokkerzeel). Jozef Goorislaan 80. 1820 STEENOKKERZEEL.

You can park your car along the main road, a short walk on a small road will take you to the entrace of this center, if you walk further you reach the runway 25L touchdownspot.

The water tower is situated at the "Kortenbergse steenweg"
Best Regards Raymond

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

You might well consult the excellent www.scramble.nl : where to go --> airfield guide --> Belgium --> EBBR
Their #11 is the water tower (with a nice bar just across the street), #12 is the refugee center.
No adresses for your GPS, but there should really be no need.
If hard pressed you could look up the coordinates in an application like Google Earth and type these into your GPS.