Security Fast Lane

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Ducatibiker

Security Fast Lane

Post by Ducatibiker »

The security Fast Lane in BRU is not respected any longer. On my last two flights to GVA was the lane closed and other occasions, the passengers in other lanes are using the fast lane as there are allowed to move from one lane to the other.

After working fine for several months, now it seems that the FAST Lane is abandoned ! With the re-introduction of a C class on Brussels Airlines, it is more than time to put it back in operation all the time and why not, have a fast lane for passport control as well for those who flew F on *allliance.

taz001

Re: Security Fast Lane

Post by taz001 »

it is outrageous, BAC decided to decrease the number of security agents which makes that there is no fast lane anymore (there is one, but it is used by anyone these days). Also notice there is no more staff lane anymore in the afternoon. Which makes that staff has to squeeze in between pax which is not very customer friendly to pax but is also not possible for airport staff to get in line and wait their turn to pass through security.

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

That fast lane NEVER really worked the way it should have ...

The idea to scan the boarding pass in self-service is a desaster (my opinion 8-) ) and it always opens the possibility to enter the fast lane just after somebody who scanned it boarding pass without having to scan ones own pass 8-) . In addition it is really unbelievable that the scanner even until today does not recognise all boarding passes which it should accept. For example: the fast lane is open to all LH pax with Star Alliance Gold status (well, that is what the screen above the entrance says ...), but if you fly in eco as Star Alliance Gold with LH it will not allow you to enter :( Very often the scanner cannot read any self printed web check-in boarding pass at all.

Than to have one row fixed as fast lane and a number of others as "normal" lanes results sometime in more people waiting in fast lane than at the other lanes :lol: > the system is not flexible enough

Brussels Airport, please have a look at Frankfurt for example. Here it works really nice in Terminal 1A & B. Fast lane for business and first pax plus Star Alliance Gold level and LH silver (FTL) level holders regardless of class of travel. And they have staff (real people :P ) at each entrance scanning the boarding pass and checking the class / status. And at the end of both lines (normal and fast) you have again one or two persons staff which allocate the pax to the different security points according the number of people in the two lines. So sometimes just one for fast lane and four for normal lane and sometimes (especially during peak hours) three or four for fast lane and three or four for normal lane).
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

euroflyer wrote:That fast lane NEVER really worked the way it should have ...

The idea to scan the boarding pass in self-service is a desaster (my opinion 8-) ) and it always opens the possibility to enter the fast lane just after somebody who scanned it boarding pass without having to scan ones own pass 8-) . In addition it is really unbelievable that the scanner even until today does not recognise all boarding passes which it should accept. For example: the fast lane is open to all LH pax with Star Alliance Gold status (well, that is what the screen above the entrance says ...), but if you fly in eco as Star Alliance Gold with LH it will not allow you to enter :( Very often the scanner cannot read any self printed web check-in boarding pass at all.

Than to have one row fixed as fast lane and a number of others as "normal" lanes results sometime in more people waiting in fast lane than at the other lanes :lol: > the system is not flexible enough

Brussels Airport, please have a look at Frankfurt for example. Here it works really nice in Terminal 1A & B. Fast lane for business and first pax plus Star Alliance Gold level and LH silver (FTL) level holders regardless of class of travel. And they have staff (real people :P ) at each entrance scanning the boarding pass and checking the class / status. And at the end of both lines (normal and fast) you have again one or two persons staff which allocate the pax to the different security points according the number of people in the two lines. So sometimes just one for fast lane and four for normal lane and sometimes (especially during peak hours) three or four for fast lane and three or four for normal lane).

Typical Brussels Airport management.

Amateurs, as we said many times before.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

JOVAN wrote:
Typical Brussels Airport management.

Amateurs, as we said many times before.
JOVAN, why do you only post when you can criticize Brussels Airport or Brussels Airlines? The only time I see your nick is in a topic with complaints about the aiport.

The security zone in the B-pier is about to be changed. The staff passage will return and an extra scanner will be added. Maybe they will rearrange the fast lance concept at BRU as well while they're at it?

And about BAC lowering the number of security staff, this is not the case, they just can't keep that staff, nor do they find enough candidates to work at the security.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

I don't know what security agents earn at BRU, but, as a general rule, an employer will manage to attract and retain employees if he pays them good salaries (especially when working unsocial hours) and offers them good working conditions. Maybe that's were the problem lies.
In favor of quality air travel.

SN_fan

Post by SN_fan »

Problem 1

they security staff at the passenger screening are blue collar workers (arbeider) and not white collar workers (bediende) meaning it isn't that attractive as a job.

Problem 2

The metal detectors generate a lot of random alarms meaning those people have to been frisk search even though they don't carry metal on them. As as you can imagine personal hygiene is not every one strength.

They should take an example at the TSA, you have 2 X ray machines for bags with one metal detector reducing the staff required by 1, and they only frisk search you if it is necessary. so when it "beeps" you have to go back and check if you haven't left metal items on you. and only when you have eg a metal hip or so then they frisk search you.

and probably those people are government employees

Avro

Post by Avro »

euroflyer wrote: Very often the scanner cannot read any self printed web check-in boarding pass at all.
Everytime I tried the fast lane i.e. when the queue is shorter than the normal lane, it worked perfectly. The web-printed boarding passes worked well as well with the scanning machines (the boarding passes where mostly Bru.air ones).

Chris

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

Avro wrote:
euroflyer wrote: Very often the scanner cannot read any self printed web check-in boarding pass at all.
Everytime I tried the fast lane i.e. when the queue is shorter than the normal lane, it worked perfectly. The web-printed boarding passes worked well as well with the scanning machines (the boarding passes where mostly Bru.air ones).

Chris
Yes, SN boarding passes in b-flex normally work fine, but forget web printed boarding passes from the other airlines which should be allowed to use the fast lane ... :cry:
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer