New on luchtzak.be: Seatmaps of Belgian airlines

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Avro

New on luchtzak.be: Seatmaps of Belgian airlines

Post by Avro »

Are you tired of having a bad window seat during your flights ? Luchtzak will introduce a brand new feature which will advice you on the seats to take on your next flight !!!!

The system will be similar to the ones of seatguru and other sites. However Luchtzak will concentrate on Belgian airlines.

In order to have seatmaps with reliable info we will need the help of all our members reading this. If you know any particular seat which is very good or very bad mention it in this topic please. We will use all this information to update the seatmaps and to make them as accurate as possible.

Info needed for the following planes:

brussels airlines

:arrow: RJ85
:arrow: RJ100
:arrow: BAe146
:arrow: 737-300
:arrow: 737-400
:arrow: A319
:arrow: A330-300

Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium

:arrow: A320

Jetairfly

:arrow: B737-400
:arrow: B737-800
:arrow: B737-500
:arrow: B767-300
:arrow: Fokker 100

TNT

:arrow: BAe146
:arrow: B737-300QC

VLM

:arrow: Fokker 50

Underneath you will find a little preview of how the seatmpas will look like. Any comments are welcome of course.

On behalf of the entire webteam we thank you for our cooperation and for your constructive criticism.

Best Regards,
Chris

PS: Click on the picture to enlarge it.

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

Well, Thomas Cook is simple; rows 1-30 ABC DEF. No recline row 30 ABC DEF. Emergency exit rows 12-13 ABC DEF.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

SN Boeing 737-300

Rows 1-5 (ABC DEF) have better leg room. Usually 1-4 are b.flex, byr row 5 in b.light is a nice choice.

Rows 11 (BC DE)-12 (ABC DEF): emergency exit
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Jetairfly B737-500 OO-JAT : row 7 has no window (seats 7A and 7F).

Duke

Post by Duke »

Wonderful initiative, thanks for it.
However, wouldn't you also consider giving seatmaps of airliners flying to Brussels Airport? (eg. Iberia A320 and A321,...).
Because, although we all like our home-carrier, we sometimes have no other option than flying another carrier...

regi

Post by regi »

and than we all spend time and attention, and sometimes money, on choosing the perfect seat. To get a boarding pass with another seat. And than we are extremely upset, and we threaten never to fly this airline anymore and this and that. While we forget where it all goes about: that we can get transportation from the one side of Europe to the other in some hours time, for a fraction of what it costed 20-30 years ago when we did it by train or car.

Sometimes I just think: KISS: keep it simple.

JAF 23

Post by JAF 23 »

Jetairfly 737-400: row 28 has no recline
737-500: row 22 has no recline
737-800 (OO-VAC and OO-VAS): row 32 has no recline

BigJets

Post by BigJets »

EBAW_flyer wrote:Well, Thomas Cook is simple; rows 1-30 ABC DEF. No recline row 30 ABC DEF. Emergency exit rows 12-13 ABC DEF.
Thomas Cook simple?

Row 30 ABC DEF DOES have a recline. Rows 11 and 12 have no recline because the emergency exits are behind each of these rows.

Extra leg space are rows 1 (bulkhead), 12 and 13 (emergency exits).

Best seats on board: Row 13
Worst seats on board: Row 11

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

regi wrote:and than we all spend time and attention, and sometimes money, on choosing the perfect seat. To get a boarding pass with another seat. And than we are extremely upset, and we threaten never to fly this airline anymore and this and that. While we forget where it all goes about: that we can get transportation from the one side of Europe to the other in some hours time, for a fraction of what it costed 20-30 years ago when we did it by train or car.

Sometimes I just think: KISS: keep it simple.
Most airlines have seat maps on their web site with the ability to block specific seat at the time of reservation. Once the seat is allocated to you, it changes rarely. I know another detail...but important ! you don't want the middle seat...even in b.flex

YYZ727

Post by YYZ727 »

When will more seatmaps be available ?
The Brussels Airlines 733's & 734's are of particular interest to me...

Avro

Post by Avro »

YYZ727 wrote:When will more seatmaps be available ?
The Brussels Airlines 733's & 734's are of particular interest to me...
The seatmpas are under construction !! I hope to be able to post the final maps at the end of this year.. With my work I don't have a lot of spare time left. But I will try to do it asap.

If anyone wants to help by providing good and bad seats don't hesitate to mention it in this topic. If someone has the seatmap templates of any Belgian airline please send them as well :-) (I'm still looking for the old Vex planes)

Thanks for your help

Chris

744rules

Post by 744rules »

Nice initiative, but I would like to put some remarks (for the users)
- some airlines keep the "best" seats for their good customers (ie frequent flyers)
- some seats are blocked for families with (small) children
- some companies have a movable curtain divider, which means that the availability depends on your ticket (c or y-class).
- sometimes a config has to be changed for operational reasons (ie balance of the a/c).
- you might end up with a different location in case of an a/c change (ie singel aisle vss double aisle)

As good advice I would suggest you check your seat at checkin/gate (in case of internet checkin).
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

TWA

Post by TWA »

Does somebody know where I can find old sabena seat maps from the '90s that were published in their timetables?

YYZ727

Post by YYZ727 »

The seatmpas are under construction !! I hope to be able to post the final maps at the end of this year.. With my work I don't have a lot of spare time left. But I will try to do it asap.
thx, looking forward to it...

Comet

Re: NEW ON LUCHTZAK: Seatmaps of Belgian airlines

Post by Comet »

What would you call a good seat on the Fokker 50? I once sat in row 4, very nice, near the front but you couldn't see the propellers starting up. I like to see the props but some people might not like to see them. A prop view is nice for me but maybe not for someone else, so in many cases a good seat is just a matter of personal taste. I also like to see the wheels come down.

Row 11 can be a good one in a Fokker 50 if you like a clear view.

I found row 10 on an A319 of SNBA very nice, it had extra legroom and was on an exit, but the view was of the wing, so if you want a good view then this may not be the seat for you but you would like it if you want more leg room.

Comfort wise I didn't notice any difference between any rows on the ARJ/BAe 146, but some of these seats have more engine view than others, so the back row may be better on a plane like this. But these are just my opinions.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

SilverJET

Re: New on luchtzak.be: Seatmaps of Belgian airlines

Post by SilverJET »

What about Brussels Airlines 737-300/400 ?

I like to know if row 5 and row 6 have a nice window view? (at the right side of the plane).
Best Regards Raymond