BRU winter 2007-08 : what to expect: new routes, frequencies

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

No wonder ET drops AMS as destination. When they flew via Rome and the last leg Rome - Amsterdam was pretty empty.
Last edited by Atlantis on 07 Sep 2007, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.

capetown

Post by capetown »

Interesting.. but any signs or reasons why that is likely to change when flying to BRU in stead ?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Maybe ET serves too many countries in Europe? Maybe its more interesting to took away pax from SN then KLM?

From the beginning, SN said that they weren't afraid of ET's arrival on brussels Airport. Maybe that's going to change with 6 flights a week to BRU.

Serving less countries in Europe is to cut costs. Don't forget that ET has its European cargo hub at Brussels Airport.

ERICAIRLINES

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

September 05 - Ethiopian to Introduce New Frequencies to Brussels

Ethiopian Airlines will increase frequencies to Brussels from the current three to six flights a week effective October 28, 2007 and the service to Amsterdam will be discontinued effective same date.

As part of a reorganization effort to rationalize costs in Europe, Mr. Busera Awel, VP Commercial, said, “Since its inauguration on June 5, 2006, Brussels has performed above expectations, and additional frequencies to Brussels will give passengers more options to different places in Africa.” With the new schedule, Ethiopian will offer six weekly connections from Brussels to Bujumbura, Dar es Salaam, Entebbe, Johannesburg, Kilimanjaro, Kigali, Lusaka, Nairobi, and Ethiopian’s newest African station Zanzibar. Other connecting stations include Brazzaville, Douala, Djibouti, Harare, Khartoum, Kinshasa, Libreville, Lilongwe, Luanda, and Sana’a.

In addition to the passenger services, Brussels will continue to be the Ethiopian Airlines’ European cargo hub, with daily service to Addis Ababa.

Jacob330

Post by Jacob330 »

Will this move of Ethiopian strongly affect the passengernumbres of Brussels Airlines on their Africa-routes?

ERICAIRLINES

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

Ethiopian pricing is more agressive than Bru air one...of course you must connect in Ethiopia and you have a stop at fra or cdg on route,but the african customers are mainly VFR and leisure oriented,though the best pricing is very important...they don't really care about their trip being a few hours longer...and with 6 flights a week,you end up with an interesting amount of connecting flights...

For sure Bru air will loose some customers...and ET is oeffering destinations not proposed by Bru air..as south africa and a few eastern stations...

LJ

Post by LJ »

Atlantis wrote:No wonder ET drops AMS as destination. When they flew via Rome and the last leg Rome - Amsterdam was pretty empthy.
Maybe empty in the pax cabine, but the pax route was initially a substitute for the loss of the cargo flight. And we alll know that some airlines only fly to AMS to transport a few pallets of cargo. However I reckon the competition of KL/KQ on the African market is too much for ET. Also the move to BRU makes sense as they can centralise their operations. However, bad news for Brussels Airlines...

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

Thomas Cook will fly Marsa Alam (Egypt) this winter, two flights a week on monday and friday...

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?ID=22086
(only dutch)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Thomas Cook flew it already but not direct. So this is good news for pax.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow »

This winter Vueling will add some new destinations out of BRU. The new destinations are:
- Madrid
- Malaga
- Sevilla

Article: Prijsvechter Vueling breidt netwerk vanaf Brussel uit (only in Dutch)

Now also bookable on the website of Vueling

Kind regards
Bavo

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

Am I dreaming ???

Singapore Airlines is back to BRU ??? :D

http://www.brusselsairport.be/fr/contac ... singapore1

Someone to confirm this ? :wink:

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

spotter1102 wrote:Am I dreaming ???
Yes
Singapore Airlines is back to BRU ???
No

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

Brubiac wrote:
spotter1102 wrote:Am I dreaming ???
Yes
Singapore Airlines is back to BRU ???
No
That are shedule for cargo flights ???

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

That are shedule for cargo flights ???
Yes.

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

MY AIR to launch Brussels to Bari :)

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Charlie Roy wrote:MY AIR to launch Brussels to Bari :)
Very nice ! Confirmed by the MyAir website :

ETA 12:00 8I6300 day 4 starts 20/12/07
ETA 18:25 8I6300 day 6 starts 15/12/07

ETD 12:45 8I6301 day 4 starts 20/12/07
ETD 19:15 8I6301 day 6 starts 15/12/07

Too bad of the low frequency but the Thursday flight is very good to spot with the 12:00 arrival.

Guess they will operate a CRJ-900 on this route more probably than an A320 ?

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The CRJ-900 is a good alternative during winter. I bet that with the new summerschedule 08 they could increase capacity with the A320.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

If Brussels Airport website states it correctly, Hainan is going back to 4 flights a week this winter season. Does anyone has confirmation on this?

Regards,
Danny

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

DannyVDB wrote:Hi all,

If Brussels Airport website states it correctly, Hainan is going back to 4 flights a week this winter season. Does anyone has confirmation on this?

Regards,
Danny
Yes there will be 2 nonstop flights and 2 flights via BUD a week.

See also the topic " Hainan owns office in Brussels" :wink:

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Don't know if it is reported yet, but SN has announced a SIXTH daily THF flight. It will be a midday flight, thus filling the gap between the multiple morning and evening flights. There will now be a real BRU-THF shuttle service with a flight every 2.5 hrs from early in the morning till late at night, similar to BHX and GVA.