new direct road connection between Antwerp (E19) and BRU

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

b-west

Post by b-west »

744rules wrote:
Atlantis wrote:Nobody wants Agalev and a little correction it's Groen!. All the coalitions would get rid of Groen! so no problem with that.

They are going to build the new railway in the green bedding in the middle of the E19. That's why they search a new place to plant the threes who are going lost. They are going to start with this project at the end of August of this year.
I know it's Groen!, but I mentioned Agalev, because that was the name at that time.
The train connection has been planned some time ago, and should be ready in 2010. And I don't think the green party would mind that much, they're all for promoting public transport. The trees will indeed be replanted, I thought somewhere in Antwerp province, but I'm not sure.

And I think the brigde is gonna be called "Lange Wapper", not Zwabber ;)

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

b-west wrote:And I think the brigde is gonna be called "Lange Wapper", not Zwabber
Ok, i must have understand it wrong on the news. Although on VTM you are never sure. (Remember the Boeing A380?). Can't wait to see the bridge in real life!

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

744rules

Post by 744rules »

vliegtuigfreak wrote:
b-west wrote:And I think the brigde is gonna be called "Lange Wapper", not Zwabber
Ok, i must have understand it wrong on the news. Although on VTM you are never sure. (Remember the Boeing A380?). Can't wait to see the bridge in real life!

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:
Isn't "de lange wapper" the name of the bridge that will part of the "ring rond Antwerpen"??
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist

SN_fan

Post by SN_fan »

If they connect the E40 and the E19 with the A201 should they make a separate connections so that people wan go from the E40 direct to the E19.

And the connection of the E40 with the Ring would that cause more problems? Because people will not only try to get on the Ring aat the connection with the E40 but also at the connection of the A201 with the ring??

Stij

Post by Stij »

If they connect the E40 and the E19 with the A201 should they make a separate connections so that people wan go from the E40 direct to the E19.

And the connection of the E40 with the Ring would that cause more problems? Because people will not only try to get on the Ring aat the connection with the E40 but also at the connection of the A201 with the ring??
If I remember well, the connection from the E40 would end in a car park from where some kind of people mover (could be a bus) would bring you to the airport. So the connection from the E40 to the A201 and the E19 would be impossible.

BTW: now that the train connection from Leuven is up and running two times per hour, I prefer that one, even with luggage. It's so handy: you arrive in railway station, take the elevator and you're in the departure hall. Why drive, stand in the traffic jams, can't find a parking space and pay truckloads of money for the parking space when you can be in 14 minutes from Leuven to the airport for a few Euros?

Cheers,

Stij

SN_fan

Post by SN_fan »

If someone has a detailled map or description of what will exact happen a BRU please post it

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

here is a map on which i drew in red the connection between the E19 and the A201.

I never heard nore read anything official about the connection between the E40 and the airport so i cannot help you with that.

If anyone wants to, please download the pic and add your own remarks.

Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

b-west

Post by b-west »

744rules wrote:
Isn't "de lange wapper" the name of the bridge that will part of the "ring rond Antwerpen"??
:oops:

How many bridges are they gonna build there anyway ;) (and Zwabber? What kind of name is that?)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Found it!
<quote>
12/01/2006
Infrabel, beheerder van de Belgische spoorinfrastructuur, voorziet binnen het Diabolo-project in de aanleg van een nieuwe spoorlijn op de middenberm van de autosnelweg E19. Als gevolg van deze spoorwerken investeert Infrabel in een nieuw ‘Witte Kinderbos’ ter hoogte van het Hoogveld en het Tangebeekbos in Vilvoorde.
</quote>
As mentioned elsewhere, this forum is in English. If we can exceptionally tolerate some other languages for the information of our readers who can master these languages, we should appreciate a short summary in English.

Thanks for your understanding.
André
ex Sabena #26567

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

killerwhale65 wrote:I never heard nore read anything official about the connection between the E40 and the airport so i cannot help you with that.
I read about this today in an old newspaper.

Looks like the connection E40 - BRU, as well as the connection E19 - BRU, are part of the 26 major roadworks that will take place in Flanders in the coming years.

E40 - BRU would be with a tunnel under the N2 (Leuvensesteenweg).
Matthias Thoen

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

There is more known about the new train- and road connection between Antwerp and the airport.

The new complex (sorry don't know the exact words for op- en afrittencomplex) will be build on the Leuvensesteenweg and Bataviastraat in Machelen - Melsbroek. The 11 families who life there at this moment have to leave their homes very soon because the constructions start by the end of this year.

There will also come a bridge who connect the Haagtsesteenweg with Brucargo.

Source: Het Nieuwsblad.

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

i hope you mean Brussels iso Antwerp?

i looked at the map and this place is right next to the current complex. Why then build a new one? Or will they just expand the current one? I thought it would be built closer to the ring.
Matthias Thoen

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

killerwhale65 wrote:i hope you mean Brussels iso Antwerp?

i.
Nope, it's the northern connection between Antwerp and the airport of BRU. Diabolo project. New train and road connection, remember :wink:

There is indeed an existing complex on that place but more news was not given. I suppose that they will make it a lot better then now.

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Diabolo, the railway project between Antwerp and BRU, has been postponed from 2010 till 2016.

Luckily for our politicians, their salary is not reduced for every promise they don't keep.

Comment from Antwerp's largest newspaper (sorry, only available in Dutch):
http://www.mediargus.be/NL/viewdoc.asp? ... 15941.html

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

only in dutch: http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail. ... 072007_071

ZEMST - Infrabel, infrastructuurbeheerder van het Belgische spoorwegnet, is maandag in Zemst gestart met het rooien van het Witte Kinderbos op de middenberm van de E19 tussen Vilvoorde en Mechelen.

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

blackhawk wrote:only in dutch: http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail. ... 072007_071

ZEMST - Infrabel, infrastructuurbeheerder van het Belgische spoorwegnet, is maandag in Zemst gestart met het rooien van het Witte Kinderbos op de middenberm van de E19 tussen Vilvoorde en Mechelen.
Typisch Belgisch , midden in de zomer,wanneer alles in bloei staat en veel dieren en vogels met jongen zitten. Is dit bos niet aangelegd ter nagedachtenis van moorden op kinderen ? Aan alle jonge dierenmoorden wordt natuurlijk niet gedacht. Wij mensen staan daar boven waarschijnlijk. Dit is wraakroepend.