New airlines at BRU 2008-2010

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

ERICAIRLINES

New airlines at BRU 2008-2010

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

Which airlines do you think ,would soon choose to fly (Back for some?)to Bru between next autumn and 2010 for exemple ?

Emirates,Qatar,Air Canada,Ana,Thai,China ???....

Low costs?Ryanair moving from CRL to bru ??

Harry-Spotter

Post by Harry-Spotter »

I don't see why Ryanair would move from CRL to BRU, they would have to pay higher airport taxes and they would loose more time on the ground (turnover and traffic).
I would love to see Emirates and a Japanese airline at BRU, but let's wait and see
Cheers
Laurent

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Low cost: for certain Air Berlin. They have interest to start up flights out of BRU. This for flights to South-Europe. Start up date is still uncertain.
At this moment its almost certain that the low cost terminal will be a fact. The investment is available. Its calculated in a bigger project: Brucargo West, Airport Village, new offices in the old terminal and a low cost terminal.

Long haul: China Airlines and Qatar. I really doubt that Air Canada have interest in BRU. For some destinations it depends what Brussels Airlines will do.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

The prince Philippe will sign the agreement for a direct BRU-DOH flight by Qatar Airways during an economic mission in November 2007 in Qatar.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

Atlantis wrote:Low cost: for certain Air Berlin. They have interest to start up flights out of BRU. This for flights to South-Europe. Start up date is still uncertain.
At this moment its almost certain that the low cost terminal will be a fact. The investment is available. Its calculated in a bigger project: Brucargo West, Airport Village, new offices in the old terminal and a low cost terminal.

Long haul: China Airlines and Qatar. I really doubt that Air Canada have interest in BRU. For some destinations it depends what Brussels Airlines will do.
I have read somewhere (it's maybe a rumour) that Air Canada should open a direct Montreal-Brussels route if Brussels Airlines doesn't fly on it.

Ivan_Eagle

Post by Ivan_Eagle »

hello

I hope more on Asian and South African planes.
But thay are already going to the countries next to us,
so, maybe better I don't hope to much.
Asian planes? Let they come!
And Air Canada to :wink:
Brussels Airport; not welcome to Europe,
but
Welcome to the WORLD !!!

Greats CI

JAF-195

Post by JAF-195 »

I also heard about Air Canada coming to brussels for Montreal-Brussels route, but it's only a rumour, but it would be nice if that was the case.
Fly Belgian!

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Ivan_Eagle wrote:I hope more on Asian and South African planes.
Rumours are that South African Airways will cut even more destinations and office in Europe soon. So for sure: don't expect SAA in BRU (the other long haul SA passenger carrier, Nationwide, is happy at Gatwick).

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

I still don't get what's the point of this kind of topics...

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

ANA, with 787's by 2010, maybe from Tokyo Haneda.
Very utopic but I see this happening, they don t need all those 787's for domestic routes, and they will keep flying 747's to CDG, AMS and FRA for the high-density routes.
Fly4hours, making the path to airline pilot affordable to all

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

Emirates from August 2008 when she takes delivery of the first A380 ? So they can use an A330-200 or an A340-300 on the BRU-DXB route.

Andries

Post by Andries »

Robin_Bamps wrote:I still don't get what's the point of this kind of topics...
it just keeps some people into something they call "possible reality" and eventually ends in being "wishfull thinking" ...

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Robin_Bamps wrote:I still don't get what's the point of this kind of topics...
Freedom of speech (but this is :offtopic:)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

I had to delete 3 posts which were totally off-topic !!!!

Please stay on topic !!

Oh BTW, if you don't like a topic don't read it. It's as simple as that.

Chris

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

I would like to see Air Canada come back to, and if possible Air Mauritius, just when I had decided to go out in the evening to spot the bird the route dissapeared. Wouldn't guess it went so bad on that route.

For the rest, South African Airways would be welcome guest. Sabena did good business on the BRU-JNB-BRU route I heard (or not correct?).

Best regards: Yannick ;)

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

Bruspotter wrote:Hello

I would like to see Air Canada come back to, and if possible Air Mauritius, just when I had decided to go out in the evening to spot the bird the route dissapeared. Wouldn't guess it went so bad on that route.

For the rest, South African Airways would be welcome guest. Sabena did good business on the BRU-JNB-BRU route I heard (or not correct?).

Best regards: Yannick ;)
Air Canada flew into BRU ? with which aircraft and what was the frequency ?

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

I would like to see all airlines in the world opening routes to BRU.

So far the most complete possible answer to this question.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

Robin_Bamps wrote:I would like to see all airlines in the world opening routes to BRU.

So far the most complete possible answer to this question.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

I think it's the dream of every member to see BRU becoming a major worlwide hub !!! :D :wink:

(Sorry if it is off topic)

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

spotter1102 wrote:I think it's the dream of every member to see BRU becoming a major worlwide hub !!! :D :wink:

(Sorry if it is off topic)
Indeed, and it proves that this kind of topics are useless.

We spotters/enthusiast are the last ones to decide which airlines will come to BRU. So the only thing we have to do is to wait until any airline makes a credible announcement on this matter.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

regi

Post by regi »

Why was my remark
Silverback ( as possible candidate )
removed?
That is on topic.
It is a (cargo) airline.