Sobelair in the air again?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

blackhawk

Sobelair in the air again?

Post by blackhawk »

In the newspaper of today: Sobelair becoming a LCC?

'Sobelair mikt op op lagekostenvluchten'

BRUSSEL - De maatschappij Air Antwerp, die de naam Sobelair heeft overgenomen, zou bezig zijn met de ontwikkeling van lagekostluchtvaartactiviteiten. Dat schrijft de Franstalige krant La Libre Belgique. De statutaire algemene vergadering van het bedrijf komt er volgens de krant vandaag.

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail. ... 042007_007

beaucaire

Post by beaucaire »

Where is the company "Air Antwerp" registered ?
Can't find anything on the wab about that company.
Any phone-number avaiable ?

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

No Air Antwerp to find but found Sobelair Sun Tours (they've changed their name on Jan. 11 2007)

Industrieweg 11,
2030 Antwerpen België

Tel 03/285.66.60

Activiteiten:
-Luchtvaart zonder dienstregeling
-Luchtvaart volgens dienstregeling
-Luchtvaart volgens dienstregeling
-het vervoer van personen of goederen door de lucht zonder dienstregeling
-Verhuur van luchtvaartuigen
-al dan niet regelmatige chartervluchten
-verhuur van vliegtuigen met piloot

is dochter van: WAVE & WINGS GROUP (HOLLAND) B.V.

beaucaire

Post by beaucaire »

Thanks for the information -blackhawk...

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

Love Air nv / sa was founded on 09th June 2005 (Belgium's State Gazette: 21th June 2005):

http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv_pd ... 087475.pdf

Love Air has decided a double name change on 03th July 2006 (BSt: 19th July 2006): the new company name will be Antwerp Air, and the trading name will be Sobelair.

http://www.ejustice.just.fgov.be/tsv_pd ... 118058.pdf
Last edited by LX-LGX on 18 Apr 2007, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Any idea yet of the planes they will be using? The same planes like the former 'Sobelair' used? B737 and B767?
Or is there any chance they could also operate at EBAW since they WHERE named 'Air Antwerp' first. Maybe they use Avro's or something too in the beginning. That would be a very nice opportunity for EBAW.

Best regards: Yannick ;)

beaucaire

Post by beaucaire »

MHG

Post by MHG »

I just wonder which destinations they´re gonna choose...

But since TV has disappeared there´s clearly a gap left for a new entrant!
The "new" Brussels Airlines won´t be able to offer the same amount of LCC-seats after the merger of both ops.

But i don´t see them flying out of ANR because they won´t be able to operate with a B 738 or similar from the short runway.
On the other hand - why not copy BE´s success with their Dash 8-400´s ???
The Dash 8-400 would be able to operate out of ANR and still attract pax from BRU for sure...

kleineboy

Post by kleineboy »

people behind sobelair are arrested.

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?id=19845

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

kleineboy wrote:people behind sobelair are arrested.

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?id=19845[/url]
Reminds me of our "friends" from Air Holland and HollandExel :lol:

I guess Sobelair will simply remain as a memory in our minds... (maybe better that way).

Regards, Robin Bamps.

foxtrot_lima_yankee

Post by foxtrot_lima_yankee »

It would be nice though to have a company starting service with AVRO-sized jets in ANR...

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

MHG wrote:I just wonder which destinations they´re gonna choose...

But since TV has disappeared there´s clearly a gap left for a new entrant!
The "new" Brussels Airlines won´t be able to offer the same amount of LCC-seats after the merger of both ops.

But i don´t see them flying out of ANR because they won´t be able to operate with a B 738 or similar from the short runway.
On the other hand - why not copy BE´s success with their Dash 8-400´s ???
The Dash 8-400 would be able to operate out of ANR and still attract pax from BRU for sure...
The little information available seems to indicate that holiday flights - either charter or regular - are the main objective. For this purpose, a Dash or ATR or F50 is too small, though these machines allow excellent service on business destinations, as illustrated by the VLM success.
For myself, I am sure there's a market for holiday flights from Antwerp to the popular destinations (say Costa Brava, Mallorca, Alicante, perhaps Côte d'Azur) : even if the price must be less favourable because of the smaller plane, the convenience of a smaller airport AND the Antwerp chauvinism should more than make up for that. Turkey/Egypt might be viable too but the distance would be too great for an Avro or F100 or EMB, no?

dna

Post by dna »

Don't get your hopes up too high. I read in Gazet van Antwerpen on Saturday that Jozef S. and Harry V.A. are under arrest because of suspected fraud. The two are in charge of Antwerp Shiprepair. V.A. is a Dutchman with a reputation for dodgy dealings. He was behind the failed attempt to start Dutch low-cost carrier JetSky. Both businessmen also run Air Antwerp and are thus behind the name change to Sobelair Sun Tours.

I would be very surprised to see Sobelair take to the skies again.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

foxtrott_lima_yankee:
It would be nice though to have a company starting service with AVRO-sized jets in ANR...
Well who knows VLM does within several years, if they're happy with the BAe 146. They have one now, but it only operates RTM-LCY and AMS-LCY.

Best regards: Yannick ;)

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

10 mio euro: that's the money that Jozef Smolderen and Harry Van Achter illegally took away through illegal setups at/from Shiprepair Antwerp.

The Justice Department (Antwerp) today has confirmed that both men remain in jail.

Thus: it's aborted take off for Sobelair / Sobelair New Tours.

One of the many press reports (Gazet van Antwerpen, Antwerp's largest newspaper) (sorry, Dutch only):

http://tinyurl.com/2ng57n

or copy and paste this with www:
gva.be/Antwerpen/2000/artikel.asp?art={380D2A45-09CD-4660-8742-43D74644D071}

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

And yet another name change for this new company: official company name is Sobelair.com as from 13th April 2007.

Strange, as the domain name sobelair.com still is property of Sobelair's liquidator (although administrative contact of the domain name has been amended to the Antwerp guys).

- - -

Next important date is 2th May 2007. The legal administrator from Antwerp Shiprepair, appointed by the Antwerp Justice after the arrest of Smolderen and Van Achteren, then is expected at the Antwerp Trade Court.

Rumours are that the books arent that nice...

b-west

Post by b-west »

Antwerp Shiprepair has been declared bankrupt today... end of the road for Sobelair?

The ship repairing company itself will probably continue operating, but I suppose restarting an airline won't be too high on their to-do list...

Gate-A1

Post by Gate-A1 »

Maybe it's better like that.

See what happen with the Panam or Barniff revivals

LX-LGX

Post by LX-LGX »

well, it's now over and out for them:

on 31st May 2007, the Trade Court of Antwerp has declared them bankrupt.