China Airlines will start direct flights Brussels - Bangkok

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Boeing767copilot

China Airlines will start direct flights Brussels - Bangkok

Post by Boeing767copilot »

According Travel Magazine Aviation Newsletter, China Airlines has plans to start a direct link between Brussels and Bangkok, with an extension to Taipeh (Taiwan). They will start next winter, using a B747.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Are you able to see the news about Jet Airways and Brussels? According to Atlantis there will be a presentation of their new planes or something like that.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Sorry, only in Dutch:
In such case please provide short summary in English. Thanks!

Toplui van de Indiase luchtvaartmaatschappij Jet Airways komen op woensdag 2 mei naar Brussel voor de voorstelling van twee nieuwe lijndiensten. Naast de verbinding Mumbai - Brussel - Newark, voorziet Jet Airways dit jaar ook nog de lijn New Delhi - Brussel - Toronto. In het kader van de voorstelling wordt op Brussels Airport een reusachtig event voorbereid waarbij de maatschappij twee splinternieuwe vliegtuigen zal voorstellen, een Boeing 777-300ER en een Airbus A330-200.

source: Travel Magazine Aviation Newsletter

Short summary in English: Jet Airways managers will come to Brussels on 2 May to present 2 new routes: Mumbai - Brussel - Newark and New Delhi - Brussel - Toronto. It will be a big event at Brussels Airport, where the airline will present 2 new aircraft: a B777-300ER and an A330-200. sn26567

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

wow big stuff happening at Brussels Airport, never expected this all to happen...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Thanks Boeing767copilot to answer my question.

Indeed big news for Brussels Airport this year.

spotter1102

Re: China Airlines will start direct flights Brussels - Bang

Post by spotter1102 »

Boeing767copilot wrote:According Travel Magazine Aviation Newsletter, China Airlines has plans to start a direct link between Brussels and Bangkok, with an extension to Taipeh (Taiwan). They will start next winter, using a B747.
:D :D !!! Great news for BRU !!! :D :D

No information about the frequency ?

Established02

Post by Established02 »

spotter1102 wrote:No information about the frequency ?
No info on the CI site (yet).

http://www.china-airlines.com/en/index.htm

I just noticed that CI is flying
AMS-BKK-TPE daily
FCO-BKK-TPE 3x
VIE-AUH-TPE 3x
FRA-TPE 6x

With BRU being so close to AMS, a market which has matured over several decades, I assume we can exclude the possibility of a daily BRU service. So I would guess -if at all- there will be about 3 weekly connections.

ryanCX

Post by ryanCX »

Its gonna be the only direct service to South East Asia, won't it?
I could be wrong though

If it is, they should do well.

China Airlines, while I'm not a fan, do offer very good fares.

regi

Post by regi »

Thomascook flies directly Brussels-Phuket
And that is it.
Long ago are the days of Thai at Brussels, Sabena and Sobelair to Bangkok and Phuket, the great Singapore connection (Singapore-Brussels-Manchester) , Biman ( thank God for that dissapearance! If firefighters at BRU needed a reason to strike, an arrival of Biman would have been enough...), a fraudelous airline which name I forgot already doing BRU-Phuket which existed just some months, and some other ones which do not pop up in my memory yet.

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

regi wrote:Thomascook flies directly Brussels-Phuket
And that is it.
Long ago are the days of Thai at Brussels, Sabena and Sobelair to Bangkok and Phuket, the great Singapore connection (Singapore-Brussels-Manchester) , Biman ( thank God for that dissapearance! If firefighters at BRU needed a reason to strike, an arrival of Biman would have been enough...), a fraudelous airline which name I forgot already doing BRU-Phuket which existed just some months, and some other ones which do not pop up in my memory yet.
Can you tell me when Singapore Airlines began the SIN-BRU-MAN route? It was a daily flight?

spotter1102

Post by spotter1102 »

Established02 wrote:
spotter1102 wrote:No information about the frequency ?
No info on the CI site (yet).

http://www.china-airlines.com/en/index.htm

I just noticed that CI is flying
AMS-BKK-TPE daily
FCO-BKK-TPE 3x
VIE-AUH-TPE 3x
FRA-TPE 6x

With BRU being so close to AMS, a market which has matured over several decades, I assume we can exclude the possibility of a daily BRU service. So I would guess -if at all- there will be about 3 weekly connections.
Thank you :D

carlcat

Post by carlcat »

If you want to fly BKK , take jet airways :

BRU Delhi BKK ; 1 hour waiting tim in Delhi.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

I find 1hour quite short in time. Think about disembarking , walk to check-in , check in and board etc... besides the 1hr waiting time doens't leave much room for delays from about 20min to 40min in the arrival flight. Than you certainly miss your connection flight.

Best regards: Yannick ;)

Jean

Post by Jean »

As i used to work for the competition of China Airlines, i'm not surprised by the news. BUT, these messages have been spread on about a two year basis, and they never came to any further steps...

Now, i don't mind welcoming China to our country, as this would give a REAL (Thomas cook to Phuket, PLEASE, that's not a flight, that's a bus...) connection to Southeast Asia. OF course, i'd rather have my old workmates estabishing this route, but it is a risk: with AMS en CDG having that many connections with BKK...

I'm awaiting REAL confirmation on this one...

regards,

Jean

foxtrot_lima_yankee

Post by foxtrot_lima_yankee »

Or maybe the real target is Taipei??

I know some Taiwanees people here in Belgium and they complain about the 20+ hours lasting journey and the double transit from BRU to Taipei.
Even from Frankfurt there is no direct flight to Taipei.
They for sure wouldn t mind the single stop in BKK.

Greets

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

foxtrot_lima_yankee wrote:Or maybe the real target is Taipei??
I know some Taiwanees people here in Belgium and they complain about the 20+ hours lasting journey and the double transit from BRU to Taipei.
They for sure wouldn t mind the single stop in BKK. Greets
It would be possibel:
BRU or AMS (eg. MH) ->KUL = 10280 km in about 12:00
BRU or AMS -> TPE = 9568 km in about 11:00.
But the last is not possible for a Taiwanese airline, FLY. WHY.
Because the shorter routes go over continental China.
Taiwanese airlines have to use the southern routes.

btw, Taiwanese people in Belgium know that very well and they will complain about that for long long time. PRC will maintain this economical sanction as long as they can, I presume.

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Greets
If I'm not mistaken I flew direct from Paris CDG to Taipei on EVA Airways in 2003.

Jean

Post by Jean »

SN30952 wrote:
They for sure wouldn t mind the single stop in BKK. Greets
It would be possibel:
BRU or AMS (eg. MH) ->KUL = 10280 km in about 12:00
BRU or AMS -> TPE = 9568 km in about 11:00.
But the last is not possible for a Taiwanese airline, FLY. WHY.
Because the shorter routes go over continental China.
Taiwanese airlines have to use the southern routes.

btw, Taiwanese people in Belgium know that very well and they will complain about that for long long time. PRC will maintain this economical sanction as long as they can, I presume.
If i'm not mistaken, Taiwanese carriers CAn fly over China, since beginning last year! So that is nog longer an issue...

Jean

Post by Jean »

Ozzie1969 wrote:

Greets
If I'm not mistaken I flew direct from Paris CDG to Taipei on EVA Airways in 2003.
That's correct, direct flight is still existant. It used to fly Transsiberian but now can fly over mainland China.

regi

Post by regi »

Yes Ozzie, that is a direct flight CDG-Taipeh.

And about the Singapore flight:
as far as I recall, it was not a daily flight. I think 3 times a week Singapore-Brussels-Manchester.
But that is gone now.
It was a great qay to travel to BKK, with a 2 hour stopover at Singapore.

About Jet Airways: I didn't know that connection! Are you sure about it?