Looking for cheap flight to Basel/Zurich/Arosa

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

blackhawk

Looking for cheap flight to Basel/Zurich/Arosa

Post by blackhawk »

Someone I know is looking for a cheap flight to Basel or Zurich or Arosa. One of his options is Brussels Airlines (SN) but way to expensive for him.

Other possibilities?

Mirror

Post by Mirror »

Germanwings from KOLN or air berlin from DUS ?

AF332

Post by AF332 »

Lufthansa CityLine from Duesseldorf (DUS): retour flight starting from 109 euro, all taxes included.

URL: http://www.lufthansa.be (click betterFLy from Duesseldorf)

Philippe

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hi Michael,

You can also consider flying Brussels Airlines to GVA! Return flights available as from 86 EUR in b.light if you travel after March 24, 2006. If you travel between now and 24/03/2007, you can take advantage of the 99 EUR returns of Virgin Express, and the 110 EUR returns of SN Brussels Airlines.

There are easy train connections between GVA and BSL if I'm not mistaken (it only takes about 1h-1h30).

Regards
SN690
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

dre

Post by dre »

hello

From GVA to BSL by train takes at least three hours with no direct trains.
Cheap to BSL is nearly impossible from BRU. Maybe he can travel with easyjet from AMS to BSL. or CGN to ZRH with germanwings.
It is time for cheaper connections to BSL !!!
You can still go by train to BSL every day from brussels midi. It takes around 6 hours !

greetz

Dre

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Thanks guys :) Will give those tips to that person.

dens

Post by dens »

Journey by train from Geneva Airport to Arosa is 5h33 and costs 218 Swiss francs (around 140 euros).

The best thing is to fly to Zurich. Swiss has some low fares to Zurich if booked well in advance.

Dens

Air_Lac

Post by Air_Lac »

I as an aircraft fanatic, I hate to say this :-(, but travelling by car would seem the cheapest option and probably quickest too.

Leuven (if you or your friend live there) to Arosa ca. 730 km and probably 8,5 hours driving (if there is no traffic jam and/or snow).

Payment on French highways may be required (but you can also take toll free highways) so you just have the cost of the car, insurance and fuel.

Air_Lac