Brussels airlines: logo and colours

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

Well ok, that livery is really rather a disappointment :x :x

However, I am quite sure most pax do not choose an airline because of the brilliant livery :!: :!:

So other points will be much more interesting for the future success of "b". I personally right now prefer to fly with SN rather than LH for example on the routes from BRU to Berlin and FRA because SN offers me an Avrojet with just 5 seats in a row and not a smaller than small CRJ or an Avro with 6 seats in a row. And (unfortunately for SN) you can bet that the plane is never more than 70% full at SN on these routes, so you have lots of space. In addition, the staff is more friendly, it is more likely to be on time and the in-flight service is better (even if this is not too important on such short distances). So the real news for the new company will be:

:?: Which routes will it operate and how often (once a day like Ryanair or 4 or 5 times a day like a 'real' scheduled airline)
:?: What types of planes it is going to use in the future and what will happen to the interior (how much space and comfort)
:?: What type of inflight service will be offered
:?: What will be the booking conditions and where will you be able to book a flight (Internet and/or travel agency)

As the management obviously did not invest too heavily into the new design and livery lets hope the thought a lot on these questions, because they will be crucial!
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

ERICAIRLINES

Post by ERICAIRLINES »

very ugly livery indeed,very cheap...low cost lookalike....beurk...
Let's wait for the 'business' plan....also a probable big deception....

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

I think this is a disappointment. And the final end of the S-tail and "SN" code, something I hoped they would stick to. The logo is quite dull and it looks like it doesn't really match the "milka" colours.

PS: now I'm sure even more tourist will think that Belgium is the capital of Brussels. :lol:

b-west

Post by b-west »

Still, sad to see the s-tail disappear from the skies.

But! I wanna wish our new airline all the best of luck! I hope that we will be able to be proud of the B-dots 8)

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

And you need to send a plane to QAPS for almost 10 days to have it come back late at night.... with just a new tail logo and a sticker over 2 letters of your name?????

:shock:

This is the kind of repaint you can do to an ENTIRE fleet OVERNIGHT, a bit like when Swissair became just SWISS...

BTW, I must say it looks FREAKINGLY UGLY too! :evil:

The friendly dotted 'b' does not match the stiff looks and straight lines of the fuselage at all and especially on the right side of the fuselage it looks as if the plane is askew, with the big 'b' on the tail going to the left and then a small one on the fuselage inclining to the right...
They should have just let away the 'b' in front of the name, just like IB does. I knew they were going to screw it on the mirrored side of the plane by just mirroring the tail logo and NOT the name.

Anway,: just like with EVERYTHING at SN, they obvioulsy will need a SECOND TRY to get it at least somewhat right! Mabe they should just rename it 'AIR SECOND CHANCE'? it would give the oportunity to stick to the S too BTW. :roll:

teach

Post by teach »

To be honest, I don't see what all the fuss is about. To all those people predicting the end of the airline BASED ON THE DAMN COLOURSCHEME, get real! No-one chooses an airline because of the colourscheme. This livery represents continuity and means that a large part of the fleet can be put in the 'new' colours quite easily and quickly, avoiding very expensive repainting of a fleet that has only just BEEN repainted, and avoiding confusion with travellers.

To those complaining about it 'looking low-cost', well, it IS, and for good reasons! SN and VEX are not airlines that have cash to throw around. Would you rather they designed a completely new colourscheme, that cost millions of Euros they really could use for other things? A completely new scheme would have to be applied to the fleet quickly, so as to avoid confusion. This is not the case now (except of course for the VEX planes). I think this is a pretty sensible decision.

zooloflyer

Post by zooloflyer »

Great work guys! Nice to finally see the new paint scheme.

As to me, I like it very much;

- the lighter blue part now goes all the way which looked rather odd in the past :D
- the ugly orange is a thing of the past :D
- the S-tail has dissapeared - now BA can finally sail its own, well deserved course :D
- it is very unique; classy & stylish with an easy recognisable B
- not too expensive to change all acft rapidly :D :D

Good work - looking forward to hear the rest!

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

teach wrote:SN and VEX are not airlines that have cash to throw around. Would you rather they designed a completely new colourscheme, that cost millions of Euros they really could use for other things? A completely new scheme would have to be applied to the fleet quickly, so as to avoid confusion. This is not the case now (except of course for the VEX planes). I think this is a pretty sensible decision.
Dude, sending an A319 to QAPS for more than a week and having it sprayed over COMPLETELY in this does cost exactly the same as sending it over for more than a week and having it sprayed over in something sexy and new like one member suggested here (photoshop).

BTW, are you saying that once the merger is fully concluded, the network established, the passengers used to the new product and all planes more or less repainted in this colourscheme (so let's say in about 2 years from now), they might think about yet another revamp???? :roll:

For a restyling which has taken almost a year and has been hyped like crazy, this is yet another missed chance, don't you think? Especially when the general feeling amongst all people who have seen it is "Okay, let's forget about this lemon asap, it hopefully is just transient, and they can always do better later..... :cry:

Duke

Post by Duke »

I agree that the dark blue and the light blue don't fit together that well..
They should have painted the engines in dark blue, which would have given a better effect.

teach

Post by teach »

Dude, sending an A319 to QAPS for more than a week and having it sprayed over COMPLETELY in this does cost exactly the same as sending it over for more than a week and having it sprayed over in something sexy and new like one member suggested here (photoshop).
Remember that this particular plane will be used to present the new identity. Of course they're going to have this one completely repainted! Can't have a plane at a presentation that is anything but spotless. But the rest of the fleet can now be easily adapted to the new colours.
BTW, are you saying that once the merger is fully concluded, the network established, the passengers used to the new product and all planes more or less repainted in this colourscheme (so let's say in about 2 years from now), they might think about yet another revamp????
No, what gave you that idea?

blackbox

Post by blackbox »

OMG, this looks like a "design" of a 6-year old :evil:

- the name is on a white background (surprise :roll: ), when it looked so much better on a blue background
- the light blue belly doesn't fit with the rest
- the dots of the 'b' on the tail are way too big!

what a shame :cry:
Last edited by blackbox on 07 Nov 2006, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

zooloflyer

Post by zooloflyer »

For a restyling which has taken almost a year and has been hyped like crazy, this is yet another missed chance, don't you think?
To be honnest, I think the only hype was on Luchtzak and somewhat in the companies internally - the other 10 million people never gave a ****.

All they want is getting to their destination - as good, as fast and as cheap as possible (and from Brussels to Brussels...)

Over the last year I never heard anyone talk about it, although the thing I often heard are that people are very happy with the SN cabin crew, product & service - which is a GREAT thing!

I can see myself doing my walk around with GREAT PRIDE!! :D

b-west

Post by b-west »

Ok, the livery is like it is. You like it or not, that's up to your personal taste I suppose. As "teach" said, except for aviation geeks like us, most people don't care about the livery their plane has.

So it's not the packaging what's important, but what's inside, literally. Will BRA :jump2: (sorry, couldn't resist) continue the excellent service offered by SNBA? Comfy seats, friendly F/A's and nice food at a competitive price. Or will this product be deemed to expensive and will we see a more virgin like approach... and will the customers like it? Or will they go for a new segment of customers?

Those are the things that are important now, not the livery. Sure, I'm a bit disappointed too with this livery, but also realistic enough to realise the colors are just not so important. And maybe this choice of livery is just plain sense? In stead of having to repaint all their planes, the operation can now be executed much faster. And maybe (MAYBE) in the future, when the new airline starts to make nice profits, they'll make the investment in a new livery? As for now, it's a good idea to save money on repainting and concentrating on the more important stuff.
Last edited by b-west on 07 Nov 2006, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

fcw

Post by fcw »

zooloflyer wrote:the S-tail has dissapeared - now BA can finally sail its own, well deserved course :D
Its own WELL DESERVED course????
With the slots stolen from SABENA for 1€ and without paying back the initial "loan" of 100 000 000 €? Wonder if a journo will ask these kind of questions on the press conference?
Really hope the rumours about Easy Jet starting to fly to BRU soon are true!

Duke

Post by Duke »

BTW, when is the press conference going to take place today?

zooloflyer

Post by zooloflyer »

Nice way to sort out any confusion B-West - BRA - very funny :D

With the slots stolen from SABENA...bla bla bla
This is exactly why it is a good thing to finally get rid of the S-tail!

I am just wondering what it's gonna be on the radio now - B-tail123, Brussels123 or maybe just BRA123...

fille

Post by fille »

fcw wrote:
zooloflyer wrote: -
the S-tail has dissapeared - now BA can finally sail its own, well deserved course :D
Its own WELL DESERVED course????
With the slots stolen from SABENA for 1€ and without paying back the initial "loan" of 100 000 000 €? Wonder if a journo will ask these kind of questions on the press conference?
Really hope the rumours about Easy Jet starting to fly to BRU soon are true!
oh please we just could have given the slots to somebobey else!!!!!!
lets give them credit to work this out

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

I don't think Bra is an appropriate name because I honestly don't see (nor want) them buying the DD aircraft (A380) :)

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

I'm disappointed with the new scheme. As far as I can understand the marketing strategy behind this: not confusing the customers to the extent that they don't know it's you anymore, I'm still disappointed at the lack of style they are putting at it.

The red B logo along with the name on the fuselage isn't properly placed and it's mirroring is uphauling. They could have put the brussels airlines titles as they did and put the red B pehaps around the front of the 1st door, but definitely not putting it "left" of the name on one side and "right" of the name on the other.

Also, the mirroring of that logo on the tail is just plain ugly and destroys the whole new brand that they're trying to build up. Simple and straight for any company: no italic logos. Only Alitalia and Delta come to mind with more or less mirrorable logos. This one is not a mirrorable logo.

Making it smaller on the tail but keeping it how it's supposed to be read would have been much better.

Finally there is the deception of the whole scheme which is not all new but only revisited. Revisited schemes only make a bad, never a good.

Let's see the business plan but we should start with a sad face so we don't get too disappointed in the end. We have too high expectations.

sinclair

Post by sinclair »

:?:

tiens? it reminds me someone....
http://www.al-airliners.be/t-z/vueling/vlg-a.320.jpg
:wink: