Why not SN?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

If you want to compare, compare with OS. Its always a surprise to me to see what destinations OS is flying and with kind of aircrafts.

Also today, I saw the plans they have for next year. Increasing to the US and Asia and new flights to Karachi.

Tommypilot

Post by Tommypilot »

PNC wrote:look Alitalia, still have(indirectly) support of theire gouvernment. and i don't beleive that that will declare bankrupt one day
Now, that's what I call a BAD airline! :wink:

@Atlantis: That almost all Touroperators choose for foreign airlines, doesn't that have to do with the commissions they get? I remember well that the commissions Sabena in the past gave, were (very) high. (in general most of the commission then were high)
I have been "selling" flights for EK and if I remember well the commissions we got were quite high.
Also a strenght of EK...they don't waste their money like other airlines did/do. (and no I am not talking about SNBA right now :wink: )
I have no experience in selling flights for SNBA, so I wonder what the commission(s) is/are that SNBA gives...

Regards,

Tommy

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Atlantis wrote:If you want to compare, compare with OS. Its always a surprise to me to see what destinations OS is flying and with kind of aircrafts.

Also today, I saw the plans they have for next year. Increasing to the US and Asia and new flights to Karachi.
Looking at their recent financial results, I wouldn't say that OS is that "successful". They have strong ties with certain regions, but so do we have. Except for the legacy carriers KL/LH/AF/BA (and IB, thanks to its South American experience), I don't know any profitable airline operating the network you want us to operate, with the same small home market.

There is only one exception, which is Finnair (having the competitive advantage of offering the shortest flights between Europe and Asia).
Last edited by Sabena_690 on 07 Oct 2006, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

PNC

Post by PNC »

Tommypilot wrote:

I have no experience in selling flights for SNBA, so I wonder what the commission(s) is/are that SNBA gives...

Regards,

Tommy
I think 0 Eur to the travel agencies... :roll:

AirDupont

Post by AirDupont »

In the first stage they will focus on the European sector which is not profitable. Once this is done they will start expansion in Africa.
It's sad that nobody is talking about a transatlantic expansion as was talked about in the presentation of the future company about 6 months ago.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hi
Money does not come out of the ground as in the middle east where they will be left with a far too high amount of aircraft. I wonder what that will bring in the (far) future...
Indeed , there IS a overcapacity if they keep going on like that. Think about Emirates , the smallest plane you can fly in is the A330. Wich means that if by example they would fly to a neigbour country , they already HAVE to use a A330 even when not full. It certainly IS going to cause problems in the future. Either they have to sell all their A330's within several years when the A380 of Emirates arrives :D to decrease the rising overcapacity.

Best rgrds: Yannick

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

b720 wrote:as long as they make money..they can fly donkeys..who cares?? seriously they need to improve the service they offer...THE CLAIM TO BE A BUSINESS AIRLINE..self check in counters introduced last year in BRU years too late...WHY? Try to use them..U need to know the full number of your electronic ticket, while they claim that credit card or privilege card should be enough to check in.. BULL S..T.. I tried over a 100 times DOES NOT work.. Why don't they have a city check in office in BRU? at SCHUMANN for instance...Their flights are almost always delayed...I have to say thazt most LCC are more reliable than SN.. If that is the case maybe Ryanair or easyjet should buy it.
Please allow me to make some friendly remarks:

1) Self-service check-in: as far as I know, you don't need an e-ticket number to use this service. Everytime I've used them until now, I had to insert my Privilege Card or Credit Card (for identification reasons). Afterwards you have to select your destination and select your seat. The whole process takes about 45 seconds...

2) City check-in: there are, in my opinion, enough possibilities to check-in for your SN flight to make city check-in superfluous. Readers of the SN in-flight magazine Connect could recently read that web check-in will be introduced as well

3) Concerning delayed flights: I'm proud that SN is one Europe's most punctual AEA airlines, with an on-time performance of more than 86% in 2005 (i.e. departure within 15 minutes of STD). You can check out the official AEA punctuality statistics at http://www.aea.be/AEAWebsite/Presentati ... ootMenu425

4) Concerning reliability: I don't know what exactly you deem as being "unreliable"... Just like you, I fly SN quite often, and I have never experienced reliability problems. And whenever I have a (small) delay, it is for reasons beyond the airline's control. For example: last Thursday 5/10, I was on the SN3177 to FCO. We were ready for departure 5 minutes before our scheduled departure time (on a full A319!!), but left almost 30 minutes late due to ATC delaying our departure.
PNC wrote:yes, but going on the LCC, even the aircrafts will change confirution to 3-3 on the AVRO. meaby the idea is to lose clients?
This has never been communicated! Although it is a very popular rumour, it is still just a ... rumour.

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:1) Self-service check-in: as far as I know, you don't need an e-ticket number to use this service. Everytime I've used them until now, I had to insert my Privilege Card or Credit Card (for identification reasons). Afterwards you have to select your destination and select your seat. The whole process takes about 45 seconds...
Well, this was the case for most of my flights with SN. However, for the last one, I had to introduce all the digits (quite a few) of my e-ticket, which I had to retrieve from the bottom of my bag, in addition to my Privilege card!
André
ex Sabena #26567

TWA

Post by TWA »

AirDupont wrote:In the first stage they will focus on the European sector which is not profitable. Once this is done they will start expansion in Africa.
It's sad that nobody is talking about a transatlantic expansion as was talked about in the presentation of the future company about 6 months ago.
expansion in africa :confused:.... is Codeshare Airlines going to codeshare with Axis Int'l Lines and Air Bravo Congo who will soon start to fly to BRU.

If you listen to all these rumours it looks a bit more "less promising" every single day, which makes us (staff) loosing our interest as there is no communication at all.

If Swiss can do it, .we should be able to get at the same level at least. It only takes A LOT MORE time.

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

AirDupont wrote:In the first stage they will focus on the European sector which is not profitable. Once this is done they will start expansion in Africa.
Totally agree
Transatlantic flights should never have dropped.
As for the african network, should never have been cut.
Cheers
Christophe