KLM plane skids off Polderbaan AMS

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

jelger

KLM plane skids off Polderbaan AMS

Post by jelger »

According to www.nu.nl (dutch only) a yet unidentified KLM plane has skidded off, or touched down next off, the Polderbaan in AMS airport.

nothing known yet about type of flight, and as such nothing yet known of state of passengers.

http://www.nu.nl/news/800965/10/KLM-toe ... iphol.html

[edit] : according to Dutch NOS News it is a B737, due to the amount of water on the seal, it apparently skidded of taking a curve.

jelger

Post by jelger »

update :

The plane arrived around 11.30 AM inbound from London (LHR) with nearly 200 pax, during a heavy rainstorm/shower. [ahem... i know exactly how these are the last few days :roll: ]

All pax deboarded unharmed via the stairs.

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

According Luchtvaartnieuws.nl:

It was a Boeing 737-900 of KLM that skidded with it nose wheel from the runway while it was taxiing to the gats after its arrival from London.

Greetz,

Dave

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Reportedly it was the PH-BXP.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

sunwing

Post by sunwing »

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

The damage looks minor according to the picture. I think she will be back flying in a few weeks.
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

earthman

Post by earthman »

Reportedly, there were 190 pax on board? How's that even possible?

KLM's -900s are configured for 183 pax, and -900s are certified for 189 pax anyway.

Perhaps a mixup about the 7 crew on board? There was one report claiming 190 passengers and 7 crew.

At first I thought it was one of the classics, because this plane is in the old livery, I thought all the NGs had the new livery.