The Beer Topic!

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
Comet

Post by Comet »

I've got some Maes in the fridge for tonight but the way things look at the moment, it doesn't look like we'll be drinking it tonight :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

i've had a delicious beer, with a lot of paper around the bottle, blue and white | with a goose (i think) on it ... someone knows what i am talking about ?

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

jan_olieslagers wrote:
Ovostar wrote::lol: but to watch a world cup you need to dring a thrash beer...

Drinking wine watching a game is a slap in the face !
Then start your own topic about that stupid game and the drinks you seem to believe it requires - but keep OUT OF HERE !!! This thread is about beer and I am glad to fully agree with André!
no need to get aggressive, i was just ironic ;)

Comet

Post by Comet »

Ovostar wrote:i've had a delicious beer, with a lot of paper around the bottle, blue and white | with a goose (i think) on it ... someone knows what i am talking about ?
Sounds to me like Goose Island, an American brew. http://www.gooseisland.com/
Louise

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

Wow! I never heard of this beer :lol: sounds good ;)

The beer i am talking about is a belgian beer, (i think ) with a lot a blue and white paper around the bottle, and there is a bird, maybe a goose, or a (cygne= ? in english)...

Comet

Post by Comet »

Are you thinking of Jan van Gent? That has a gannet on. Image

The name Jan van Gent means gannet.
Louise

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

If the paper around the bottle is mainly blue with a little white, than it's indeed 'Jan van Gent' as depicted hereabove

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

YES!!! That's the one ! I didn't know why i said it was a goose :lol: Thank you for your help ;)

Comet

Post by Comet »

You used to be able to get Jan van Gent in small bottles but now you only see it with the cork top.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

BEER FACTS
It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer, and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the "honey month" or what we know today as the "honeymoon".
Aum Sweet Aum.

Comet

Post by Comet »

Had a nice British beer in Clitheroe the other week - Cumberland Gold - a bit like a blonde Guinness - creamy texture like draught Guinness but golden coloured.

And this security thing has caused the end of our beer-buying trips to Belgium :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The only Belgian brews we have in at the moment are Rochefort 10 for the winter and Sloeber.
Louise

SN30952

Chunnel your beers....

Post by SN30952 »

Comet wrote:And this security thing has caused the end of our beer-buying trips to Belgium :evil: x12
So you will have to Chunnel your beers.... :lol: London to Brussels in 2 hours 40 minutes.

You can carry two main items plus one piece of hand luggage on Eurostar.
Eurostar loves your luggage
We love luggage. We want to take care of your luggage and in our experience; the best person to do that is you. And in most cases, that’s exactly what will happen. This means that when you travel with us, you don’t need to check it in - just take it straight onto the train. Unless you have a lot of it or you happen to be a cellist

And here are some Brussels - Language Tips

Say tiger, Comet, tiger.....

Comet

Post by Comet »

Why is it that, on the rare occasions when you see people with a glass of Orval in a bar, they always leave quite a bit of it in the glass?

You don't see this so much with other beers.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:Why is it that, on the rare occasions when you see people with a glass of Orval in a bar, they always leave quite a bit of it in the glass?
Because Orval, like most good abbey beers refermented in the bottle, contains a lot of solid yeast.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:
Comet wrote:Why is it that, on the rare occasions when you see people with a glass of Orval in a bar, they always leave quite a bit of it in the glass?
Because Orval, like most good abbey beers refermented in the bottle, contains a lot of solid yeast.
You don't see people doing this with other good abbey beers which are refermented in the bottle :mrgreen:
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

Beers I've had so far this year:

Corsendonk Christmas Ale (1), Rodenbach Red (1), Bramble Stout (1), Carlsberg Special Brew (1), Rochefort 10 (2), Mort Subite Kriek (1), Ename Dubbel (1), Crocodile (1), Tag Lag (2), Petrus Oud Bruin (1), Tongerlo Dubbel Christmas (1), Guinness (9), Christmas Pudding Ale (1), Abbaye des Rocs Speciale Noel (1), Atomium Premier Grand Cru (1), Winter Warmer (1), Bah Humbug (1), Rochefort 8 (2), Osprey (1), WychCraft (1), Achel Blond (1), Sloeber (5), Firecrest (1), Old Tom (1), Leffe Brune (2), Vieux Temps (1), Mort Subite Apple (1), Westmalle Tripel (2), Maes (3), Abbaye du Val Dieu Blonde (1), Guido (1), Saison Silly (1), Barnsley Gold (1), Chapeau Mirabelle (1), Leffe Vieille Cuvee (2), Carlsberg Extra Gold (4), Peroni (2), Cropton Two Pints (1), Judas (1), De Koninck (1), Newcastle Brown (1), Biere du Boucanier (1), Yorkshire Moors (1), Sheepsh*gger (1), Satan Gold (1), Rochefort 6 (2), Belhaven Fruit Beer (1), Copper Dragon Golden Pippin (1), Wold Gold (1), Zywiec (1), Black Cat (1), Vondel (1), Cristal (Cuban) (1), Beerlao (1), Fiddler’s Elbow (1), Hoegaarden (2), Cumberland Ale (1), Pendle Witches Brew (1), St George’s (1), Hoegaarden Grand Cru (1), Verboden Vrucht (1), Jupiler (2), Leffe 9 (1), Romy (1), Floris Apple (1), Arabier (1), Oerbier (1), Ename Blonde (1), Stella Artois (2), Maredsous Brune (1), London Pride (1), Palm Speciale (1), Grimbergen Optimo Bruno (1), Old Sh*g (1), Kwak (1), St Louis Gueuze (1), O’Hanlon’s Port Stout (1).
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:Zywiec (1)
Where the hell did you get that Polish beer rarely seen out of the country? Byb the way, Zywiec, the largest Plish brewery, was acquired by Heineken. They also brew a "Porter" (a brown ale having some 7°), which I don't like. The traditional blond Pilsner type (5°) is good: luckily Heineken have not imposed their standards.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:
Comet wrote:Zywiec (1)
Where the hell did you get that Polish beer rarely seen out of the country?
I don't know :oops: We bought beers at our local shop and also at a shop in Knaresborough, it could have come from either one but I don't know which one exactly. All I know is that it didn't come from Bier Tempel. I like Eastern European beers as a rule, especially the Czech ones.
Louise

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

Beers that I have had in my life : Bellevue Kriek
Ok, I have tasted Maes once, but I really didn't like it.
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

SN30952

Belgain beer = perfection

Post by SN30952 »

Here is a nice link:
Belgain beer = perfection