BRU best airport in Europe

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

burner737 wrote:So please don't blame other people for telling their opinion ...
burner737 wrote:As I said before they must have been drunk ... :D
So, when people tell their opinion which isn't the same as yours, they are drunk ... nice way to accept someone's opinion ;)

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

In my opinion Brussels is one of the cleanest airports. When you walk in the airportbuilding you've got to look at the floor. Allways shining like new.
For me Brussels is a nice airport. Allways nice to depart and arrive.

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

aocmember wrote:sn26567, first of all, as an admistrator it would be wise to be
just a little bit more objective...
As a reply to your (not very smart) remarks:

Clearly you know nothing about the situation, because, according to Biac the present route to enter the A/P is final.

1 good advice: think before you reply, even more as an administrator instead of simply attacking without knowing the first thing about something...
Your reply is out of order mate! As an admin Andre is also entitled to his opinion! Whether it is true or not should be debated, but in a nice and civilised way! Staying polite doesn't cost a thing!

Anyways i find it generally clean and all, just way oversized at the moment! That leads to a lot of problems I mentioned above! But let's just dream: More passengers -) more flights -) more shops -) more crowdy -) BRU will be as poorly rated as say CDG or LHR :)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

aocmember wrote:1 good advice: think before you reply, even more as an administrator instead of simply attacking without knowing the first thing about something...
I use BRU airport at least once per month. Hence I know what I'm talking about. I replied to you in a polite way: please act similarly.

End of the discussion.
André
ex Sabena #26567

aocmember

Post by aocmember »

Using BRU A/P once a month isn't the same as working there
every day and seeing a lot of problems every day, so...i think you just confirmed my point view and that of many of my colleagues...

karlito

Post by karlito »

every day and seeing a lot of problems every day
Where I work I see also problems every day. I think that if you would work at Schiphol or wherever you would see lots of problems too. There are problems everywhere and nothing is perfect. Thing is to keep make improvements.

teach

Post by teach »

i think you just confirmed my point view and that of many of my colleagues...
Quite the opposite. This prize was awarded based on what the PASSENGERS thought was the best airport, NOT the employees. Working at the airport sure you see a lot of the problems that the passengers don't see. But you ONLY see those problems at BRU, not at all the other airports you go to, because you have nowhere near the same access there. That, however, does NOT mean those or other similar problems do not exist there.

Bottom line: the airport can have a ton of problems for all I know, but if the passengers don't notice it or don't think it's important, it is NOT an issue for this award.

And I agree with others who said your behaviour is way out of line, and that the way you snapped at the Administrator and made it into a personal attack more than warrants an apology.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Off course there are problems at other airports but that's not the issue. The PAX have chosen BRU as the best airport in Europe.

I'm working for a company who every years get the certificate of Best Company of the year. But we have also our daily major problems, but that's not the concern of our customers. The fact is that you as employee do the best for your company, notwithstanding it is difficult and that your clients not noticed it.

So, I'm asking now to stop this really ridiculous discussion about who is right and who is not. Like André said: END OF THE DISCUSSION

If there are members who not can cope with this new certificate for BRU, it's done, if you like it or not. But my concern is what you are still doing at BRU if you don't like it.

aocmember

Post by aocmember »

karlito wrote:
every day and seeing a lot of problems every day
Where I work I see also problems every day. I think that if you would work at Schiphol or wherever you would see lots of problems too. There are problems everywhere and nothing is perfect. Thing is to keep make improvements.
This is true, but the only thing i want to point out is that we( the airlines)
get complaints almost every day about the situation in BRU A/P and when we discuss these problems with Biac, none or very little action is taken to improve the situation, so for me it's difficult to accept the fact that BRU gets this award, while having been in the news several times just a few months ago because of the huge security- and transit problems?
I guess that they didn't interview those hundreds of pax who missed their flt's due to this...we have to deal with them. Delays, reroutings, hotac are costing us a lot of money, so congratulations BRU!!!
End of discussion.

teach

Post by teach »

Delays, reroutings, hotac are costing us a lot of money, so congratulations BRU!!!
Newsflash for you: that kind of thing happens at every large airport. Every single one. And again, unless you have some numbers that prove that it happens at BRU more than at other airports, it doesn't mean BRU is a bad airport.